FORUMS

Galaxy S6 Camera Randomly Makes Loud Buzzing Sounds?

421 posts
Thanks Meter: 64

By poweroutlet, Senior Member on 31st May 2015, 06:10 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi all,

I wasn't able to find any threads related to this in the S6 forums but I wanted to see if anyone else has this. When I open my camera app, sometimes the camera takes 1-2 seconds to initially focus and during that time it makes a loud buzzing sound. It sounds like a focus motor or something in the camera and the camera output on screen flutters while it focuses. Once it focuses, everything is normal and it doesn't make any more noise to refocus. This also doesn't happen every time I open the camera app, seems mostly random. Has anyone else experienced this? I am already on my 2nd S6 since the first was defective for different reasons and I'm starting to get very disappointed with Samsung quality control.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to poweroutlet For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift poweroutlet Ad-Free
31st May 2015, 10:23 PM |#2  
Flag AVEIRO
Thanks Meter: 17

More
I have the dame problem.
I don't know if this is normal.
I don't think so
Waiting for some explanations

Sent from my SM-G920F using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to ruianast For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ruianast Ad-Free
2nd June 2015, 05:02 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
going to bumps this too because after having the phone for a month this problem has just started to show its face.
2nd June 2015, 07:05 AM |#4  
Flag Marche_Marotta (PU)
Thanks Meter: 593

Donate to Me
More
I've first noticed a small buzzing just after a boot for 3/4 times and than I had a long one opening the camera. After that it's gone...
2nd June 2015, 08:19 AM |#5  
Flag Bollnäs
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I have it also! Started a couple of days ago. I have dropped my phone a couple of times. What about you?
7th June 2015, 11:27 PM |#6  
Flag UK
Thanks Meter: 3

Donate to Me
More
Had this happen for the first time today also. Had hdr off, switched back on and it went away. Coincidence? Phone never dropped.
8th June 2015, 12:50 AM |#7  
Flag aridaia
Thanks Meter: 191

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rakh1

Had this happen for the first time today also. Had hdr off, switched back on and it went away. Coincidence? Phone never dropped.

Relax...is the mechanism of optical stabilization.
16th June 2015, 03:20 PM |#8  
Flag Seguin, TX
Thanks Meter: 94

More
Mine is doing that too...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1sv...ature=youtu.be
16th June 2015, 05:56 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 88

More
I have the same problem. It is also sometimes accompanied by the picture wiggling in wave patterns.
16th June 2015, 05:57 PM |#10  
Flag Seguin, TX
Thanks Meter: 94

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by flu13

I have the same problem. It is also sometimes accompanied by the picture wiggling in wave patterns.

Yup...exactly.
16th June 2015, 05:59 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 151

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by poweroutlet

Hi all,

I wasn't able to find any threads related to this in the S6 forums but I wanted to see if anyone else has this. When I open my camera app, sometimes the camera takes 1-2 seconds to initially focus and during that time it makes a loud buzzing sound. It sounds like a focus motor or something in the camera and the camera output on screen flutters while it focuses. Once it focuses, everything is normal and it doesn't make any more noise to refocus. This also doesn't happen every time I open the camera app, seems mostly random. Has anyone else experienced this? I am already on my 2nd S6 since the first was defective for different reasons and I'm starting to get very disappointed with Samsung quality control.

Try to clean up your camera lens.
Did your device take some damage in the past?
Did you take it underwater? (The S6 isn't waterproof anymore...)

---------- Post added at 18:59 ---------- Previous post was at 18:58 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdfsdfsfs

Relax...is the mechanism of optical stabilization.

But it's not that loud.

Otherways, you can't record videos properly, because the microphone records those sounds.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)