FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Anyone else getting delayed push notifications?

213 posts
Thanks Meter: 72

By nflwideout86, Senior Member on 19th April 2015, 04:04 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Since I've had my phone, whenever i get notifications, pushbullet, gmail, even text and google voice, they'll get delayed until i wake my phone.

Sometimes they come through instantly, but they mostly wait until i wake the phone then they all come through at once.
Has anyone else been experiencing this or know of a fix?
The Following User Says Thank You to nflwideout86 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nflwideout86 Ad-Free

19th April 2015, 10:31 AM |#2  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 171

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nflwideout86

Since I've had my phone, whenever i get notifications, pushbullet, gmail, even text and google voice, they'll get delayed until i wake my phone.

Sometimes they come through instantly, but they mostly wait until i wake the phone then they all come through at once.
Has anyone else been experiencing this or know of a fix?

Are you using Greenify?
19th April 2015, 11:35 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Seattle, WA

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Japultra

Are you using Greenify?

nope
19th April 2015, 08:04 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 46

More
Try Google Apps and download
Samsung Push Service update
19th April 2015, 08:58 PM |#5  
Flag Fort Worth, TX
Thanks Meter: 294

More
Samsung Push Service is oy applicable to Samsung apps.
20th April 2015, 12:52 AM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Seattle, WA

More
the problem seems to mainly be with gmail and pushbullet. I just woke up and the second i woke my phone, i had 4 gmail notifications all hit me at once, but the emails actually came in like 6 hrs ago...
20th April 2015, 08:24 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I have the same problem, for me it's with all applications. Already see the problem with Twitter, K9-mail, pushbullet, instagram and Hangouts. The same problem also see with Peel Smart remote like if smartphone sleet. But when I wake up, 10 seconds after I receive all notifications.
21st April 2015, 03:40 PM |#8  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 28

More
I'm having the same issue as well. Twitter, FB, Instagram, Amazon, etc. They show up after my screen has been on for a while...

Sent from my ATT Galaxy S6 using Tapatalk
21st April 2015, 04:33 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 26

More
Same problems here with both my wife's and and my phone. Once the phone is woken up all the notifications arrive. Though I will say, it's mainly Google related products, so wondering if it's a bug with Google apps or their servers? I've been getting a lot of updates the past week with their apps. One reason I think it's Google is with Hangouts, SMS works perfectly, but Hangouts via wifi is delayed and only notifications with Hangouts wifi will appear once the phone is woken. So makes me wonder if it is Google?
21st April 2015, 04:40 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 813

More
The notifications when you wake the phone is a feature in Motion and Gestures as Smart Alert. Its basically just reminding you that you received something when the phone was asleep!
21st April 2015, 04:59 PM |#11  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 171

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elisha

The notifications when you wake the phone is a feature in Motion and Gestures as Smart Alert. Its basically just reminding you that you received something when the phone was asleep!

I thought this feature makes the phone vibrate when you pick it up to let you know that you have received a notification.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)