FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] Help, I softbricked my device

708 posts
Thanks Meter: 175

By Faspaiso, Senior Member on 19th April 2015, 07:27 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi

I downloaded the UK (live in Denmark) H3G version (same firmware number as my old one), added it in Odin (newest version) and flashed.

Just before finishing up, it failed. Waited 10-20 minutes and nothing happened (cause it told me to not turn off the device or unplug).

But well nothing happened, so I unplugged and restarted phone.

Now it's at a blue screen saying: "An error has occured while updating the device software. Use the Emergency recovery function in the Smart Switch PC software."

I then tried that, but it says my device is unsupported.

Do anyone have any idea what to do?

Thanks in advance

EDIT THE ERROR:

Quote:

<ID:0/006> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> G920FXXU1AOCV_G920FH3G1AOC1_G920FXXU1AOCW_HOME.tar .md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/006> Removed!!
<ID:0/006> Added!!
<ID:0/006> Odin engine v(ID:3.1005)..
<ID:0/006> File analysis..
<ID:0/006> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/006> Initialzation..
<ID:0/006> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/006> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/006> SingleDownload.
<ID:0/006> sboot.bin
<ID:0/006> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/006> cm.bin
<ID:0/006> boot.img
<ID:0/006> recovery.img
<ID:0/006> system.img
<ID:0/006> modem.bin
<ID:0/006> cache.img
<ID:0/006> hidden.img
<ID:0/006> FAIL!
<ID:0/006>
<ID:0/006> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

20th April 2015, 07:14 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 39

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faspaiso

Hi

I downloaded the UK (live in Denmark) H3G version (same firmware number as my old one), added it in Odin (newest version) and flashed.

Just before finishing up, it failed. Waited 10-20 minutes and nothing happened (cause it told me to not turn off the device or unplug).

But well nothing happened, so I unplugged and restarted phone.

Now it's at a blue screen saying: "An error has occured while updating the device software. Use the Emergency recovery function in the Smart Switch PC software."

I then tried that, but it says my device is unsupported.

Do anyone have any idea what to do?

Thanks in advance

EDIT THE ERROR:

Can you boot into download mode? press power on, volume down and home button. Then you download Samsung Kies 3 and go to "firmware upgrade and initialization", type model name "SM-G920F", then write your serial number which you can find on a sticker on back of your phone. If you can't boot into download mode its impossible to recover your phone.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aircondition For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Aircondition Ad-Free
20th April 2015, 08:13 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Somewhere

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aircondition

Can you boot into download mode? press power on, volume down and home button. Then you download Samsung Kies 3 and go to "firmware upgrade and initialization", type model name "SM-G920F", then write your serial number which you can find on a sticker on back of your phone. If you can't boot into download mode its impossible to recover your phone.

Tried with Kies. It said my device is not supported and I should use Smart Switch. But was still able to continue with Kies. An error occured and Kies closed.

I then continued with Smart Switch and tried to do the same and this occured. Image not working when putting it in, so here the link is. http://prntscr.com/6vy161

I'm able to enter download mode, yes.
20th April 2015, 09:04 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 39

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faspaiso

Tried with Kies. It said my device is not supported and I should use Smart Switch. But was still able to continue with Kies. An error occured and Kies closed.

I then continued with Smart Switch and tried to do the same and this occured. Image not working when putting it in, so here the link is. http://prntscr.com/6vy161

I'm able to enter download mode, yes.

So you got to this screen and then when you plugged USB cable in it says "device is not supported"?

Also make sure you have Kies 3.0 and not earlier versions. My phone also got softbricked but you may have messed it up way more than me. Then your only option left is to flash stock rom with Odin 3.10.6, you will have to find right CSC version for your country from sammobile.com (15 kb/s download speed) or download faster with Kies client (it will save it to C:\Users\AppData\Local\Temp)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	14618
Size:	24.8 KB
ID:	3272298  
The Following User Says Thank You to Aircondition For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Aircondition Ad-Free
20th April 2015, 10:12 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Somewhere

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aircondition

So you got to this screen and then when you plugged USB cable in it says "device is not supported"?

Also make sure you have Kies 3.0 and not earlier versions. My phone also got softbricked but you may have messed it up way more than me. Then your only option left is to flash stock rom with Odin 3.10.6, you will have to find right CSC version for your country from sammobile.com (15 kb/s download speed) or download faster with Kies client (it will save it to C:\Users\AppData\Local\Temp)

Thank you. It worked now.

I already got Kies 3.0 and I already tried to flash with Odin before. But well, I restarted my PC and suddenly, it worked just fine.

So thank you mate.
22nd April 2015, 12:58 PM |#6  
Flag Battipaglia
Thanks Meter: 0

More
hello excuse English but I find myself in your same conditions and with no win 8.1 Riec it to start it in emergencies with kies it with smart switches, nor with odin pui tell me step how to solve I would be grateful
22nd April 2015, 09:19 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Somewhere

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pippo74

hello excuse English but I find myself in your same conditions and with no win 8.1 Riec it to start it in emergencies with kies it with smart switches, nor with odin pui tell me step how to solve I would be grateful

Just do what is wrote in the thread.

It worked just fine for me, after the restart on my PC, but I think it was because my network connection was going on and off, so it couldn't download the file.

I used Kies, but I think Smart Switch works just fine too.

Remember to use Kies 3.0 and put your phone into download mode.
29th April 2015, 03:54 PM |#8  
Flag Milan
Thanks Meter: 78

More
a quick way to fix this is to flash twrp with odin...
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to enij For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift enij Ad-Free
23rd July 2015, 03:57 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by enij

a quick way to fix this is to flash twrp with odin...

THANK YOU!!!

I know it's an old post but it saved me from going even more insane.
24th July 2015, 09:11 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 84

More
Flash this via odin.

http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/d...FH3G2BOF1_H3G/
The Following User Says Thank You to roydok For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift roydok Ad-Free
24th July 2015, 07:33 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Somewhere

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by roydok

Flash this via odin.

http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/d...FH3G2BOF1_H3G/

3 months too late, but you still get my thanks just for trying.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)