Facebook app for me is using far to much RAM

ram screendump
28th April 2015, 03:38 PM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 145

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nookcoloruser

Fingers crossed. Thanks johanbiff

Just a quick link to my S6 edge thread - also about same issue so we can all keep track of this

http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...t3090492/page1

---------- Post added at 02:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:22 PM ----------

Also Gizmodo India

http://www.gizmodo.in/indiamodo/RAM-...w/47083669.cms

NICE!! the more we forward this issue the more prio it get`s so please all folks spam samsung and other android sites so we can get this fixed ASAP!
28th April 2015, 10:37 PM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I've complained about this in my twitter about 3 days ago, homescreen gets reloaded sometimes, launching tinder make the device running at 97% of ram ! (And hot...) I'm constantly having only 25% or 20% free ram while on my note 3 with the exact same configuration and apps I'm having 50% free ram and much much cooler and smoother phone !

Also the same app on both phones (gs6 edge and note 3 in my case ) is taking different amount of ram memory !
29th April 2015, 04:30 PM |#25  
Flag Deerfield Beach, FL
Thanks Meter: 493

More
Has anyone tried to change the background limit process in developers options to see if this helps to keep apps in memory better?
30th April 2015, 05:31 AM |#26  
Flag Winnipeg

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBake88

Has anyone tried to change the background limit process in developers options to see if this helps to keep apps in memory better?

I tried this while out today just to see and it seems to be keeping things open better. I set it to the 4 at most and it seems to be doing much better at not closing browser windows at least.
30th April 2015, 05:50 AM |#27  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 286

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nofilterdrake

I tried this while out today just to see and it seems to be keeping things open better. I set it to the 4 at most and it seems to be doing much better at not closing browser windows at least.

how many bg process max did you set 4?
30th April 2015, 06:17 AM |#28  
Flag Winnipeg

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrearierJester1

how many bg process max did you set 4?

I set it to 4, its still too aggressive in my opinion however its not making me reload tabs as I'm flipping back and forth between a few.
30th April 2015, 08:51 AM |#29  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Just set mine to four. Seems a bit better, still reloading tabs though but RAM usage is down 15%+
30th April 2015, 10:53 AM |#30  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
A while later with process max set to 4

screenshot
30th April 2015, 11:45 AM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 145

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nofilterdrake

I set it to 4, its still too aggressive in my opinion however its not making me reload tabs as I'm flipping back and forth between a few.

Did this aswell, no bigg improvment still kills the apps after a while and this is with only 4 apps running (FB,insta,whatsapp and internet app)
to sum this up..even if you only run 4 apps I still get them killed after a while.
The Following User Says Thank You to johanbiff For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift johanbiff Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)