Search This thread

stoneyfordni

Aug 11, 2010
Facebook app for me is using far to much RAM

t0hwu9.png

johanbiff

Apr 11, 2015
Fingers crossed. Thanks johanbiff

Just a quick link to my S6 edge thread - also about same issue so we can all keep track of this

http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s6-edge/help/aggressive-ram-management-t3090492/page1

---------- Post added at 02:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:22 PM ----------

Also Gizmodo India

http://www.gizmodo.in/indiamodo/RAM...he-Samsung-Galaxy-S6/articleshow/47083669.cms

NICE!! the more we forward this issue the more prio it get`s so please all folks spam samsung and other android sites so we can get this fixed ASAP!

slipkornsaad

Dec 29, 2012
I've complained about this in my twitter about 3 days ago, homescreen gets reloaded sometimes, launching tinder make the device running at 97% of ram ! (And hot...) I'm constantly having only 25% or 20% free ram while on my note 3 with the exact same configuration and apps I'm having 50% free ram and much much cooler and smoother phone !

Also the same app on both phones (gs6 edge and note 3 in my case ) is taking different amount of ram memory !

johanbiff

Apr 11, 2015
I set it to 4, its still too aggressive in my opinion however its not making me reload tabs as I'm flipping back and forth between a few.

Did this aswell, no bigg improvment still kills the apps after a while and this is with only 4 apps running (FB,insta,whatsapp and internet app)
to sum this up..even if you only run 4 apps I still get them killed after a while.

Reactions: nofilterdrake

stoneyfordni

Aug 11, 2010
I'm speaking to samsung mobile UK on messenger at the minute and they are recommending using clear all in the smart manager app .

Problem is as soon as I do this the apps start straight away and RAM usage increases .

johanbiff

Apr 11, 2015
I'm speaking to samsung mobile UK on messenger at the minute and they are recommending using clear all in the smart manager app .

Problem is as soon as I do this the apps start straight away and RAM usage increases .

it doesen`t matter, the apps will still be killed-off/refresh..I also have this issu..as soon the RAM is dropped(with smart manager) it climbs strait up without opening any apps...

---------- Post added at 02:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:56 PM ----------

just a thought....

maybe it`s the smart manager thats the problem? has anybody tryed to disable the smart manager?

edit* can`t disable smart manager...

Last edited:

papyzebike

Apr 18, 2009
Brussels
Galaxy S6 Edge : Android 5.1.1 Lollipop déjà disponible aux USA
http://a.mynews.ly/!ID.CclSU

Sorry it s in french but translate with Google if you Want ....5.1.1 is already out in usa for galaxy Edge T version !!
Samsung want to keep the s6 on top and normaly we will receive 5.1.1 soon

Last edited:

stoneyfordni

Aug 11, 2010
Samsung UK reccomend a Backup and factory reset.

What exactly is the reason behind the high usage ? By my thinking Touchwiz or something on Samsungs side wants to keep the apps cached or running so the device is smooth and snappy, but Lollipop wants to keep them killed to save memory and battery.

So when one part kills the apps then the other restarts them and so this battle consumes RAM ???

Reactions: nofilterdrake

nookcoloruser

Jan 27, 2011
Kerry
Samsung UK reccomend a Backup and factory reset.

What exactly is the reason behind the high usage ? By my thinking Touchwiz or something on Samsungs side wants to keep the apps cached or running so the device is smooth and snappy, but Lollipop wants to keep them killed to save memory and battery.

So when one part kills the apps then the other restarts them and so this battle consumes RAM ???
Factory reset does nothing as soon as you have yours apps installed and updated and begin using the device the issue crops it's head again.

Tech support in countries just haven't a clue on this issue so you just get the usual a-z guide they have been told to reel off to every complaining customer regardless of device.

It annoys me that my Galaxy Alpha & Note 4 can keep more apps on the background without constant refreshes in tapatalk and such and the flagship can't.

Both my other devices are running lollipop so it's not a lollipop issue in itself. Too much pass the blame is going on to lollipop & google, giving Samsung and others an easy pass when they release fudged software .....

me2352

Sep 21, 2010
Same problem here. The phone is near unusable when multitasking. Opening chrome kills my podcast player, etc. My moto x 2013 at 1/4 of the specs had better performance.

ivaho

Jan 5, 2013
The S6 is the most buggy phone I ever have owned. Battery have never lasted a whole day when using the phone and like others in this thread have noticed the OS is killing apps left right and centre. A few days ago I tried to go for a walk while listering to a pdcast using pocketcasts and 3 times during a 20 minute walk did pocket cast get killed. I was at the same time using google maps telling me where to go.

This makes the phone into a toy for me and the only reason I have not returned it is that it takes soooo pretty pictures. But I do use my main simm in my work iphone for the time being. And no this is not me trying to say iphone is a better phone, just that samsung have made a phone that is so unstable that it's laughable.

Reactions: calvin35

Top Liked Posts