FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Official AOD app installed in stock oct patch but FC..

335 posts
Thanks Meter: 81

By akki7636, Senior Member on 26th October 2016, 06:30 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello guys..
There is some hope

http://www.sammobile.com/apk/aodservice/

I used above url to download the Always on display app.
I got always on display option in display setting. I also got always on plugin in application manager .
Initially the always on display option is off but when i try to turn it on it says always on display has stopped. Im on stock unrooted rom with oct patch.
I hope AOD will be implemented in our s6 in future. Or if any developer can use that app to work it earlier..

Sorry for english
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to akki7636 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift akki7636 Ad-Free

26th October 2016, 11:35 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 37

More
Great find!

Same here: Always On Display has stopped.

Hopefully this will get enabled sometime in the future, the description of the APK says : (AODService 1.3.14,1.4.02 is for the S6 and S7)
The Following User Says Thank You to Merken_ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Merken_ Ad-Free
26th October 2016, 02:28 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Hisar

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merken_

Great find!

Same here: Always On Display has stopped.

Hopefully this will get enabled sometime in the future, the description of the APK says : (AODService 1.3.14,1.4.02 is for the S6 and S7)

Are you on unrooted rom ?
I wish if someone try this app on custom rom with which it can get correct permissions
26th October 2016, 04:00 PM |#4  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by akki7636

Are you on unrooted rom ?
I wish if someone try this app on custom rom with which it can get correct permissions

Yes, full stock
26th October 2016, 05:57 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 72

More
Yes! It does say for S6 & S7! I will try this on my rooted custom ROM. Don't think that will make a difference though.
Enabled storage permissions for it which were initially disabled, still not working.

Perhaps a new software update will enable and ship with AOD support in the kernel.

EDIT: Night clock seems to be working partially, when pressing home button/lock to turn on the screen I can see night clock before it unlocks the phone. Night clock does not show up while screen is off though.
The Following User Says Thank You to Shamako For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Shamako Ad-Free
27th October 2016, 12:06 AM |#6  
Ive installed it as a system app. Set the correct permissions. I can configure the settings now without it crashing. But when it is activated and the screen turns off. Nothing happens.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20161026-003629.png
Views:	2826
Size:	155.5 KB
ID:	3916940  
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to KennethHau For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift KennethHau Ad-Free
27th October 2016, 03:31 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Hisar

More
@KennethHau @Shamako so now we just need backend support and i think it will be provided in next firmware update.
The Following User Says Thank You to akki7636 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift akki7636 Ad-Free
27th October 2016, 08:35 AM |#8  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by akki7636

@KennethHau @Shamako so now we just need backend support and i think it will be provided in next firmware update.

Hopefully, yes!

There does not seem to be any technical restriction for this feature on the S6
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Merken_ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Merken_ Ad-Free
28th October 2016, 02:41 AM |#9  
Flag Lahore
Thanks Meter: 66

More
AOD working
https://telegram.me/joinchat/CYMAHEFC5GQ3M6unehRliA
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20161028-033713.jpg
Views:	2502
Size:	159.8 KB
ID:	3918104  
28th October 2016, 04:07 AM |#10  
Flag BRAZIL
Thanks Meter: 207

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by umarmasroor

AOD working
https://telegram.me/joinchat/CYMAHEFC5GQ3M6unehRliA

How did you get it to work?

I keep getting the "Always On Display has stopped" here.
28th October 2016, 04:27 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
If you install it as a system app. It work and shows that on settings. But when the screen is off nothing happens
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
always on display, always on display for s6, aod

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)