Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

Twisted-Kernel 7.0 (F-I) Flat/Edge [OC/UC] Linaro 7.1[Safety-Net] 8/21/2017

9,759 posts
Thanks Meter: 22,760

By The Sickness, Retired Recognized Developer on 6th August 2017, 05:00 AM
Post Reply Email Thread

Welcome to the Twisted Kernel for the Galaxy S6 920F, and 925F.......These kernels
are based on G920TUVU5FQE1 with all the correct ramdisk merges. Both kernels also come
with Synaspe support.....which will be discussed more below.

I also want everyone to know that I have a 920T, not a F model,etc.....So I have built
these for YOU, not me. All I ask is a little bit of appreciation for the time I had to spend
on bringing this to yall. I dont think I'm asking for too much. Plus, I dont see very many
kernels here, especially with the amount of optimizations as mine do. Or rather, the experience
in building them.

SYNAPSE

Each kernel has Synapse support. Now, before anyone starts bitching......there is some Java errors
that I still need to fix. They WILL NOT affect performance OR battery life. I just havent gotten around
to fixing them yet. But, I will be addressing them on the next update.

If you are unfamiliar with Synapse I would suggest that you do some reading on it. It can become
the best thing since sweet tea, or the worst like.......well, you get the picture. BUT, Synaspe does
have a safety feature......if you adjust something (like voltage) and either give or take away too much,
Synaspe will cancel out your selections on a reboot.

KERNEL FEATURES

A57 Cluster OC to 2304 MHz
A57 Cluster UC to 200 MHz
A53 Cluster OC to 1704 MHz
A53 Cluster UC to 200 MHz
Live CPU Stats
20 CPU Govs
Interactive Tuning
Touchkey Boost
GPU OC
GPU Live Stats
HMP Voltage Control
Memory Bus Voltage Control
11 I/O Schedulers
I/O Tunable
LMK Profiles
Ultra Kernel SamePage Merging UKSM
UKSM Live Stats
Dynamic Dirty Page Writeback
Virtual Memory
Zswap Memory Pool
Kernel Entropy
Gentle Fair Sleeper Control
Arch Power Control
Randomisation
Freeze Timeout
Google Play Services Battery Drain Fix
Minimal Wake Lock Control (still working on this)
Power Suspend Control
EQ Sound Controls
Thermal Controls ( still working on this )
LED Notification Controls
13 TCP Algorithm
Optimize DataBase Controls
FSTrim Control
Wipe Options
Wipe Junk Folders
Build.prop Control
Logcat Controls
And Info

My kernels provide the best of both worlds, performance and battery life. If you want your
device to be wide open and battery life isnt a issue, you can tune it to fly just as fast as you
want. Or, if your the conservative type, you can tune it in to get you the best battery life you
can possibly have on the S6. The choice is all yours on how YOU want your device to run. All
I did was give you the means to do so........

MAGISK

My kernel comes with all the commits in order for it to pass all Safety-Net restictions. But,
Magisk can also cause issues such as loosing root on a reboot, or causing errors in Synaspe.
This is due to BusyBox which he has implemented in his binary. This is NOT a kernel issue.
So please dont flood my thread with things I cannot control.

SUPERSU

SuperSU works just fine. Only set-back is that it will not pass Safety-Net. BUT, he does have
a Aroma installer that just may help to pass all of Safety-Net bull........I myself uses SuperSU

Just make sure that you flash either Magisk or SuperSU after you flash the kernel. Failure
to do so will make it boot back to TWRP......

ISSUES/BUGS/REBOOTS

If you have any of these problems you need to speak up. I have been on this kernel for awhile
and have yet to run into any issues. Thats not saying that you won't either.....

[COLOR="red"]REMEMBER, I BUILT THESE KERNELS FOR YOU.

Kernel Source: Nougat

Tried the rest? Well................................

XDA:DevDB Information
Twisted-Nougat-Kernel, Kernel for the Samsung Galaxy S6

Contributors
The Sickness
Source Code: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=817550096634793936

Kernel Special Features: Nougat 7.0

Version Information
Stable Release Date: 2017-08-21
Beta Release Date: 2017-08-21

Created 2017-08-22
Last Updated 2017-08-21
The Following 29 Users Say Thank You to The Sickness For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift The Sickness Ad-Free

6th August 2017, 05:00 AM |#2  
OP Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Somewhere in Texas
Thanks Meter: 22,760

Donate to Me
More
Mine
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to The Sickness For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift The Sickness Ad-Free
6th August 2017, 07:51 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 146

More
Nice nice
6th August 2017, 07:57 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 146

More
Kernel working perfect here will test thia days.Thank you
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170806-085551.png
Views:	1852
Size:	156.3 KB
ID:	4233803  
6th August 2017, 08:43 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 38

More
Oh yeah,thank you so much! Your work is REALLY appreciated!!!
What's the difference between rooting with Magisk instead of SuperSU anyway??
6th August 2017, 10:41 AM |#6  
Belleville, EG
Thanks Meter: 465

More
Finally!
Thanks for the long-awaited comeback.
6th August 2017, 11:47 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
works on G920F with Aria Rom.

Thx a lot for comeback
6th August 2017, 11:48 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 189

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidoff1979

Oh yeah,thank you so much! Your work is REALLY appreciated!!!
What's the difference between rooting with Magisk instead of SuperSU anyway??

Magisk is a method of rooting that tries to keep up with Google (and app devs) ways of detecting root AND changes to the ROM (System). This makes apps unusable or invisible in the Google Play Store and so on. Off the top my head: Pokemon Go, Mario Run, Netflix, Elder Scrolls: Legends, a myriad of banking apps are involved in using this... With Magisk this "SafetyNet" is by-passed and root access can be hidden from specific apps. Search, this is waaaay simplifed from all Magisk is

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using XDA Labs
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Iliyena For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Iliyena Ad-Free
6th August 2017, 11:49 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 69

More
Wow thx
6th August 2017, 12:13 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 38

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iliyena

Magisk is a method of rooting that tries to keep up with Google (and app devs) ways of detecting root AND changes to the ROM (System). This makes apps unusable or invisible in the Google Play Store and so on. Off the top my head: Pokemon Go, Mario Run, Netflix, Elder Scrolls: Legends, a myriad of banking apps are involved in using this... With Magisk this "SafetyNet" is by-passed and root access can be hidden from specific apps. Search, this is waaaay simplifed from all Magisk is

Ok,thanks. Right now I am rooted with SU. If I flash this kernel and root with Magisk after flashing,that won't be a problem?
6th August 2017, 12:27 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 189

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidoff1979

Ok,thanks. Right now I am rooted with SU. If I flash this kernel and root with Magisk after flashing,that won't be a problem?

I'd get the intended root-method working before flashing kernel and then as OP instructs flash the used root-method (SU or Magisk) BEFORE booting. You should be able to switch root-method afterwards as well... But I am no expert

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using XDA Labs
The Following User Says Thank You to Iliyena For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Iliyena Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)