FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

HELP! No progress for G928R4 after root and TWRP

60 posts
Thanks Meter: 2

By fabe0334, Member on 9th January 2017, 06:40 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I managed to get TWRP installed as well as root but I can't find any roms, mods, or anything. I'd be happy with a debloated/deodexed stock rom at this point and something I can tinker with. I'd like to find a great kernel too but I've searched every board to no luck. I can't seem to find anything possible through ODIN or TWRP flashing at this point. Am I missing something, is there anything I can do from here. I've noticed a lot for different variants but I assumed it was common sense not to use those.

Any help is appreciated!

9th January 2017, 05:07 PM |#2  
Flag Birmingham
Thanks Meter: 406

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fabe0334

I managed to get TWRP installed as well as root but I can't find any roms, mods, or anything. I'd be happy with a debloated/deodexed stock rom at this point and something I can tinker with. I'd like to find a great kernel too but I've searched every board to no luck. I can't seem to find anything possible through ODIN or TWRP flashing at this point. Am I missing something, is there anything I can do from here. I've noticed a lot for different variants but I assumed it was common sense not to use those.

Any help is appreciated!

This particular variant just isn't very popular on the forum which is why there's little to no development for it. There are other variants too which haven't had any development, you're just a bit unlucky here.
25th May 2019, 12:06 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fabe0334

Any help is appreciated!

Still, two years later I cannot find anything either. I really have been wanting to just try installing the /e/ which only supports SM-G920F. First question is can I revert back to stock OS if this fails? Then second, how likely is it that this works with minor bugs?

Hoping this isnt dead. But thanks!
25th May 2019, 07:10 AM |#4  
Flag Wrocław
Thanks Meter: 199

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaUrchint

Still, two years later I cannot find anything either. I really have been wanting to just try installing the /e/ which only supports SM-G920F. First question is can I revert back to stock OS if this fails? Then second, how likely is it that this works with minor bugs?

Hoping this isnt dead. But thanks!

Dont install antthing which is not for your model. Becauee of various differences in hardware you can brick your phone. Even after successfull installation you can face problems with nit working midem or wifi or anything else.

Wysłane z iPhone za pomocą Tapatalk
26th May 2019, 05:00 AM |#5  
Flag Tuxtla Gutierrez
Thanks Meter: 582

Donate to Me
More
G928R4 is another device and this section is for S6/S6 Edge (G920X/G925X) unified development ONLY, go to post this to you correct forum and theres no hope for some models, the developers doesn't have the fault, the fault have the carriers.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)