[KERNEL] UniKernel v8-0002 COH9 [G920 /925]

Search This thread

LNJ

Oct 7, 2007
1d is unified. 2a is universal. You can use either if you have the S6. If you have the Edge, use the 2a. 2a is newer.

NJGSII

Nov 15, 2011
Howell, NJ
Stats with this kernel combined with Axis rom.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-06-03-20-01-14.png
    Screenshot_2015-06-03-20-01-14.png
    238.5 KB · Views: 736

marsen2567

Apr 30, 2015
I'm excited for the G920F Dual Sim support, thanks mate. It's nice for someone who cares enough to support our S6 Duos edition.

g.lewarne

May 13, 2009
Plymouth
Ok, another BETA test time :)

Rebranded to just S6_UniKernel (since it *should* support every model S6 / Edge except sprint, sorry)
Still no dual sim support at the moment, still looking into that!

Changelog:
- Built from my reference Repo (currently called test2, will be renamed soon)
- AOE5 patchup (sensorhub and firmware updates mostly)
- Fixes WiFi calling on supported carriers
- Fixes S6 Edge button backlight behaviour (hopefully)
- Integrated Call-audio patch
- Integrated GPS patch

INFO
The kernel installer is smart. It will detect what phone variant you have and install the correct call-audio related files for you. This means F users can also flash T roms now, as well as the usual support for T users flashing F roms. This kernel does not support any system tweakers such as KTweaker or Syanpse. Please make sure you remove all traces of these programs before flashing the kernel or bootloops may occur.

Please please test and feedback on Edge models, we need to know if the latest unification patch set works!

Download >>> https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23991606952615174

source repo (to be renamed soon) > https://github.com/glewarne/test2

Last edited:
Ok, another BETA test time :)

Rebranded to just S6_UniKernel (since it *should* support every model S6 / Edge except sprint, sorry)
Still no dual sim support at the moment, still looking into that!

Changelog:
- Built from my reference Repo (currently called test2, will be renamed soon)
- AOE5 patchup (sensorhub and firmware updates mostly)
- Fixes WiFi calling on supported carriers
- Fixes S6 Edge button backlight behaviour (hopefully)
- Integrated Call-audio patch
- Integrated GPS patch

INFO
The kernel installer is smart. It will detect what phone variant you have and install the correct call-audio related files for you. This means F users can also flash T roms now, as well as the usual support for T users flashing F roms. This kernel does not support any system tweakers such as KTweaker or Syanpse. Please make sure you remove all traces of these programs before flashing the kernel or bootloops may occur.

Please please test and feedback on Edge models, we need to know if the latest unification patch set works!

Download >>> https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23991606952615174

source repo (to be renamed soon) > https://github.com/glewarne/test2
Whats rhé difference between this version and V .002 ?

Envoyé de mon SM-G920I en utilisant Tapatalk

g.lewarne

May 13, 2009
Plymouth
So.

I have been told that users are posting feedback on the beta, but not here, in this thread

How am I expected to know what the feedback is, if it isnt posted here?

Please use common sense. The unification stuff is still not finished. If you download it, test it, and have *any* feedback, please post it HERE

Reactions: mythos234

LNJ

Oct 7, 2007
Your kernels seem very consistent and solid. No random hiccups or glitches.
Anything in the new OE5 sources that addresses the ram management issue?

NJGSII

Nov 15, 2011
Howell, NJ
Your kernels seem very consistent and solid. No random hiccups or glitches.
Anything in the new OE5 sources that addresses the ram management issue?

Doesn't seem like anything has changed. Memory management seems to be the same as before. I think they next update should fix everything cause this was an issue in general in 5.0.x.

Lemme run this for a few hours before commenting.

Rebel25

Jun 22, 2010
Been running latest beta now for at least 12 to 13 hours and it seems to be stable. Also the battery seems awesome on this one. Thanks for the great work.

Chase79

Nov 23, 2011
I have tried flashing carhdrom (f rom) on my tmobile edge. Wiped everything, Installed rom, then the 2a kernel. Everything works great except calling. When I try to send, the call immediately ends. Is this the no call audio bug or something different? I tried to have my wife call, she gets voicemail only. Anything I can do to fix? Have tried the call audio patch in the past with the different tmobile kernels that are available with same result on f roms. Thanks for all the work put into this.

Sent from my SM-G925T using XDA Free mobile app

bigxie

Nov 14, 2010
Bay Area, CA
www.twitter.com
I tried out the latest test kernel but reverted to 0002a after a day. The performance starts off the same but over time, the new test kernel seemed to slow down, usually around 10-12 hours of uptime and moderate use.

On 0002a, it sustains the performance regardless of uptime.

I'm using a 920T and Xtre 1.4.

Were there any changes in the latest test that may have caused this new behavior?

g.lewarne

May 13, 2009
Plymouth
I tried out the latest test kernel but reverted to 0002a after a day. The performance starts off the same but over time, the new test kernel seemed to slow down, usually around 10-12 hours of uptime and moderate use.

On 0002a, it sustains the performance regardless of uptime.

I'm using a 920T and Xtre 1.4.

Were there any changes in the latest test that may have caused this new behavior?

the test kernels arent tuned at all. they are merey to test functionality on all the different variants out there.

So far getting rudimentary support for 14 potential models has been quite difficult. once all the bugs are worked out (fingers crossed) i will retune the kernel

Reactions: guyd

g.lewarne

May 13, 2009
Plymouth
I have tried flashing carhdrom (f rom) on my tmobile edge. Wiped everything, Installed rom, then the 2a kernel. Everything works great except calling. When I try to send, the call immediately ends. Is this the no call audio bug or something different? I tried to have my wife call, she gets voicemail only. Anything I can do to fix? Have tried the call audio patch in the past with the different tmobile kernels that are available with same result on f roms. Thanks for all the work put into this.

Sent from my SM-G925T using XDA Free mobile app

that is interesting. The kernel sources for 920 and 925 are all but identical and there are only about 5 diffs between the two models defconfigs. All of those are applied, but there are no changes regarding modem. As i said just now its still early, there is quite a lot of variant detection left to do.

However, being the first edge user publicly on here, can you confirm if the softkey buttons are working normally for you on the latest test?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ~~~~S6 UniKernel~~~~

For Galaxy S6 920 F / I / S / K / L / T / W8
    For Galaxy S6 925 F / I / S / K / L / T / W8

For Lollipop 5.1.1 only!

UniKernel Features
    - Supports F / I / S / K / L / T / W8 variants of 920 AND 925 devices
    - Supports 920FS, ID and SD Dual SIM devices
    - All edge screen special functions on Edge devices working
    - Built from official Samsung Sources
    - Full init.d scripting support
    - SE Linux set to permissive (will prevent private mode from working)
    - Stock Clocks
    - Fully working Auto-Root for all 5.1.1 roms
    - BusyBox injection if not detected in ROM
    - DriveDroid support
    - CIFS / FUSE

Kernel Configuration
    The TWRP flashable kernel now comes with an Aroma installer, allowing you to choose a configuration you prefer. It also comes with 3 preset options - Stock, Performance, and Battery.

The Stock preset will make the kernel behave exactly as a stock kernel - no turbo mode, CFQ scheduler, stock interactive
    If no pre-existing configuration file is found on the phone, (ie - New ROM flash) the ODIN flashable kernel will also have stock behaviour.

Every Aroma option is clearly labelled with an accurate description of what the setting will change. You are free to reflash to change configurations or manually edit the /system/unikernel.prop file that is generated by the installer (and then reboot). If you choose either the performance or custom options and enable Turbo mode, do not post in this thread about poor battery life. Turbo mode costs battery. deal with it

Download

UniKernel v8-0002 TWRP FLASHABLE >>> https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24052804347808102
    UniKernel v8-0002 ODIN FLASHABLE >>> https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24052804347808101

If you get any FCs after flashing this kernel, wipe cache and dalvik cache in TWRP and reboot.

Changelog
    UniKernel v8-0001
    - Updated to COH9 Sources (New WiFi Driver and sensorhub firmware amongst other things)
    - Fixed CIFS support
    - Slight modification to ramdisk tweaks when a non-stock configuration is used

UniKernel v8-0001
    - Updated to COH2 Sources
    - Rewritten unification code
    - Aroma Installer with preset and configurable options (Stock, Performance, Battery, Custom)
    - ALL 5.1.1 ROMs are supported, even early versions, ie - BOFj / COF6

Sources
    UniKernel >>> https://github.com/glewarne/S6-UniKernel

Credits
    Source contributors
    @ktoonsez - Major contributor to universal patch set
    @edgarf28 - Relentless Testing testing testing, help and suggestions
    @Xileforce - Help, encouragement and some code bits
    @mikeyinid - Help, DHA tweaks
    AndreiLux - Permissive mode patch and some other bits

Awesome Testers
    @-Mr. X- for relentless and speedy testing
    @sswagonman - Primary 925 feedback
    Kyle - For not sucking any more
    Robert - Primary 925 feedback
    Steve - Primary 925 feedback

Other Credits
    @Chainfire - For SuperSU included in the kernel

Disclaimer
    You, the User, Accept full responsibilty for anything you choose to flash to your own device. I cannot be held responsible for any loss of data, income, revenue, software or hardware damage that may occur due to the use, or attempted use of this kernel.
    As i have said before and will say again, I release based on feedback from my trusted, knowledgeable testers, whose feedback i value much more than the bulk of respondents in my thread who post such wonderfully helpful things like "deepsleep bad rolling back" :rolleyes:

Have you investigated the issues yourself? Do you even READ THE OP where i post a "stock" replacement kernel? Do you check with apps such as Better Battery Stats which might help you identify the causes of the issue, which in many many cases is an app you have installed? Do you take into account how many notifications you recieve while its sleeping, where you go, what the coverage is like, do you have GPS location still enabled, what WiFi coverage is like, etc etc

Im sorry but Im developing it how i want and if my testers say its good, its good. I will gladly take on board actually useful feedback but the bulk of the last few pages is just meaningless hearsay, to be frank. If 50% think its better and 50% think its worse, then who is actually right? perhaps its THE SAME :rolleyes:

I have 6 extremely knowledgeable testers, some of which are well respected devs themselves of various things. They know what to look for, what compromises have to be made and how to actually investigate and feedback on any issues that arise. I trust their feedback 1000% more than what I have read on the last few pages. So im sorry, if you dont like it, use another kernel. simple as.
    Well, after a long, well needed break (from xda, lol) v8 is finally released!

Please read the OP carefully so you understand how the Aroma installer and the ODIN flashable kernel operate.:good:

huzzah!
    Hello my friends!

Sorry for my recent absence, i have beeen extremely busy with work recently, festival season and whatnot. But today i bring you a BETA of v7 - a somewhat radical and unique rethink on how to control a kernel :good:

Changelog:
    - Some unification updates for LED and Motor (vibrator) differences between flat / edge models
    - AROMA Installer!

The Aroma installer will allow you to choose your own kernel options during installation :D. It is a totally clean, app free, ROM modification free way of controlling your kernel :good: The ONLY thing that gets changed on your rom is a unique unikernel.prop file in /system which is only read by unikernel, and nothing else.

During installation you can choose:
    -- Default IO scheduler
    -- Turbo Mode On / Off (stock) (de-lag)
    -- Interactive tweaks On / Off (Stock)
    -- VM / DHA / FHA / Stock-DHA Settings
    -- Inputboost On (Stock) / Off
    -- GApps Wakelock Fix On/ Off (stock)
    -- Audio Patch autodetected for T/W8 models or International models (allows T/W8 users to use International Roms and vice-vera)

The Aroma installer defaults to all STOCK Kernel options, each option is thoroughly described and you are free to experiment and choose your own options :good: If you want to change configuration simply reflash and choose alternatives in the Aroma installer :good:

Massive thankyou to Edgarf28 for getting me started on the Aroma installer and to all my testers who have tirelessly been trying this out over the past couple of weeks

Download here >>>>> https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24052804347790555

Enjoy :D

EDIT: the aroma installer kernel version/date is wrong, but the build is the latest, just need to change some text in the installer which i totally forgot.. Also should add that if just the boot.img is included with ROMs without an included /system/unikernel.prop file the kernel will default to a completely stock configuration, hence no more need for UniBase
    v6 is out!

links and changelog in OP