Some information you should know..
- This is a full Note8 port with android version 9.0 based on HadesRomV11.1 By @corsicanu
- If you want to report a Bug, read the F.A.Q First Then provide a logCat OR LoggingKit.zip with detailed explanation
- Read the instructions and the F.A.Q Before installing the rom or posting a reply.
- You are not allowed to use this base, if you want to make rom, "DIY"
- Any sort of File Kanging will be reported without hesitation.
- If you like this rom and appreciate my efforts, Hit the Thanks button, and consider a donation
Hey everyone, Finally after a long time V4 is here. ive put 10 times more effort into this compared to the previous releases. Tons were changed and the entire ROM was built up from scratch. everything rom the rom to the kernel was fully remade and improved. 30K Downloads later on V3.
Today happens to be my 22nd Birthday, and i would like to give you all a gift instead.
This Version is without a doubt the biggest ROM ive worked on to date, through development challenges, special device issues , ROM Size and tons more, it was exhausting. however
the end result makes it all worth it. testers on multiple variants / devices / configs came back positive.
While the buglist still leaves some to be desired i think this is as good as i can make it for now. maybe in the future if there was a V5 we will see it reduced.
The changelog is massive, and to summarize it, many annoying things in V2/V3 were finally resolved including the most important thing which is CALLING. US variants are finally properly supported. except the ones that use QMUX modems. maybe that will be for another day
As always, THANK YOU for being dedicated to this project. and special thanks to @DR_Amoxicillin @corsicanu @TheOGLunarixus and my testers for helping both directly and indirectly
I hope you Enjoy the ROM. if you appreciate this project consider donating @ Paypal
Hey everyone, Somehow we are still standing with this project, it is as horrible as it seems, yet fun. I started this project 8 months ago to "flex" only, turns out people enjoy it including myself, Through Oreo and Pie this project has been hell to make yet i think we are at a state were we can drop the ALPHA and BETA labels of!, V3 was in active development for over 2 months (Unlike V2 where i started a month before release) This one was carefully built, and entirely from scratch (For the third time). However i understand, you guys are tired of Note7FE. and want something different, Thanks to my partner @corsicanu that is possible. He crafted one of the best feature-full roms on xda. HadesRom and with that as a base for our project, This device became something else, something amazing. and honestly better than any rom i would have made feature wise. Thanks to him and All the flagship features such as infinity wallpapers, Some S10 Features and many others are present, the aroma is PACKED with goods. This rom is around 200/300 MB larger than the previous one (which wasn't small to begin with) however i believe it is worth it. Me and [MENTION=7098450]kill-switch and my testers spent alot of time perfecting it, Now we support every variant that uses Exynos7420 besides china variants, those are to come later. the US variants of the S6E+ And Note 5 are supported too. I will be making a dedicated S6 thread aswell
While i am 100% sure not all users will have the same experience, i believe the vast majority will enjoy it, As always this rom is NOT for everyone, if you want a stock camera, this aint it chief. no matter how much we want it, it is just not gonna happen any time soon if ever, thats just the nature of developing a rom that is 2 major versions beyond samsung. if you dont mind the limitations mentioned below, Enjoy it as much as possible.
And as always, if you appreciate this project and want to support us , press thanks, share your opinions and help the people in this thread who are struggling. I wont be available 24/7 to do so.
You can also help us purchase more cocaine to continue development by donating me Here or @corsicanu here or @kill-switch here or @lunarixus Here
V1/V2 Notes :
Eventually when you discover a new Bug that shouldn't be there, DO NOT SEND ME MATLOGS. CATLOGS or whatever. Follow the guide up there on How to properly send logs. otherwise i wont care less about your post. very simple. Remember that this port is NOT supped to be possible. we should not be running oneUI, but the stars aligned in our favor. And please there is no need to tell me to fix XYZ. if its listed in bugs or was reported. im on it.
So. TLDR; This may or may not be your daily rom, it depends on who you are. if you want oneUI, this is the price. if not, there are plenty of other ROMs based on Nougat that will work right. so use them instead and let the thread be in peace.
I sincerely hope the people who end up using this rom have fun, its a fun experience, ive been using it for the past month. and its refreshing.
Old releases (Booreo)
Hey Note 5 Community, This is my first project for this device, one of many to come. many of you might know me from my Note4 projects, i have decided to purchase the note5 in order to provide for this community quality ROMs , in hopes that maybe one day everyone here will be using an Oreo based port, instead of living on nougat that samsung left us with.
Why N7FE and not N8 S9 or any newer port ? Simply said, it is too early for me and the current state of oreo. there is some important stuff that needs ironing out before introducing more bugs. N7FE Struck a great balance between a stable port, and a feature rich one. i have also thrown in alot of additional stuff you can check below.
Support for other variants will come in the future, i choose to support this small amount due to time constraints.
RULES OF POSTING : READ everything before commenting, And especially the install steps, the rom has been tested thoroughly for a long time, so if you have an critical issue like not booting or no sim, you missed the instructions, posts that are irrelevant to this project will be ignored(Constructive criticism is welcomed). If you do face a new bug however, dont just say "hey bug here" provide more information, and a LOGCAT, bug reports without logcats will most likely be ignored.
- - Android 9.0
- - Semi-deodexed (Apps only)
- - Well debloated with Aroma options
- - Zipaligned and tuned
- - Optimized for battery and performance
- - Full Samsung OneUI Experience
- - Magisk Ready
- - And all the goodies Android Pie brings
- - Based on HadesROM V11.1
- - Contains all features from Note8 minus hardware specific ones (Iris and stuff)
- - All the original features are present (Wifi,Bluetooth, basic camera etc)
- - BluelightFilter / AlwaysOn Display
- - Samsung DolbyAtmos
- - Heavly optimised for N5/S6/S6E/S6E+ with their own separate configurations
- - Many prop and feature tweaks and exclusive apps
- - DE-Knoxed and disabled Additional samsung root prevention and security spams
- - Full OMC setup with ALL samsung supported countries
- - S10+ Livewallpapers (Aroma)
- - Note8 Infinity wallpapers (Aroma)
- - Full goodlock 2019 pack (Aroma)
- - Added exclusive samsung apps (Aroma)
- - 1700+ Fonts MOD (Aroma)
- - Pie Edge Panels and edgelighting+
- - BixbyHome And Bixby Voice
- - Recovery toggle
- - Ssecure/Secure Wifi etc
- - Minor system mods
- - Native AppLock
- - Wifi S-Secure
- - Native Screen Video recorder
- - Native Call recorder
- - Android 10 Apps
- - And pretty much everything you see in hadesRom changelog
- - And many more additions from My J5 / N4 Roms and previous Floyd
- All of the custom kernel features can be controlled using HKTweaks by @corsicanu
- - Updated version in collaboration with @lunarixus
- - Compiled with Linaro 4.9.4
- - Optimzed for battery and performance
- - Tons of under the hood improvements
- - AlwaysOn Display Supported
- - Governors (Interextrem, smartmax, smartmax_eps, alucard, bluactive, yankactive,
- bioshock, conservativeX, dancedance, darknes, hyper, intelliactive, intellimm,
- lionheart, pegasus, preservative, smartass, wheatley)
- - CPU / GPU Overclocking
- - GPU Thermal control
- - Compiler optimizations
- - Many wakelocks reduced
- - BoefflaWakelock Blocker
- - WireGuard
- - FakeKnox
- - Blocked GMS Wakelocks
- - Deodex Workaround
- - 99Killer service
- - Init.d Support
- - Bootstate Green for safteynet
- - Patched some props for safteynet
- - MoroSound control
- - Heavily optimized CPU GPU and battery
- - Android 9.0 Supported
- ensure you have LATEST TWRP (3.2+)
- Download and copy the ROM to your device
- Wipe everything (SYSTEM,DATA,CACHE,DALVIK and if possible internal storage)
- Flash the ROM.ZIP (Select only what you will use otherwise it will fail due to system size)
- Setup your rom and READ the F.A.Q for more information.
- After a full boot. you can flash Magisk
- -Hardware composer : We do not have sources to compile oneui compatible blobs
- -Samsung camera Front camera and video are NOT working (Only back camera is usable reliably)
- -Camera in many 3rd party apps (Whatsapp QR , facebook messenger)
- -Rotation is Slow and takes time
- -N9208 NFC is disabled
- -No support for Qcom QMUX modem variants (P and 00 Variants)
- -UHQ Upscaler on T/W8 variants (SoundAlive/Dolby work however)
- -N928T/W8 And G928T/W8 have audio glitches while using headphone jack
- -US variants cant change call audio, refer to F.A.Q
- -S6/S6E models will flicker when entering samsung gallery
Imgur Album with ALL photos : IMGR
IF you helped in this rom and i forgot you, tell me in a PM or in a reply i 100% forgot some people fam
@kill-switch For tremendous help on V3/V4
@Lunarixus For fixing IR Blaster and kernel help
@AbrahamGC and @kurtlestat for letting me use some of their mods from BlackDiamond Rom
@ljjehl , @SnowFuhrer and josuesim1 for keeping up with my crap while testing US variants. Thank you friend
@enesuzun2002 For general help in 7420
@lukasb06 For Making The camera shim, without it we wont have a working camera
@Noxxxious For all his amazing kernel work in 7420
@Androidwizzard For valuable help in Note5s
@RickyBush_ For IOS Emoji
@Team Vanced For YouTube Vanced
And the rest of EliteTeam
@khoailang2500 @CusuferR @SnowFuhrer @moonje @josuesim @Attor @qaziiabdullah @josuesim1 @Alhaitha2020
@SongJH @Thekillerbunny12341 @KeepSOBP @ljjehl @arshia_mpz @LeeXDA18 @arshiazare @Keyvintakeo @vsvarli
And few more that didnt give me their usernames
Downloads. Changelogs , F.A.Qs below
Floyd OneUI, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S6
ananjaser1211, kill-switch, corsicanu
Source Code: https://github.com/ananjaser1211/Cronos_7420
ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
ROM Firmware Required: Latest bootloader and modem
Based On: OneUI
Current Stable Version: V4.0
Stable Release Date: 2020-01-12
Beta Release Date: 2018-12-07
Last Updated 2020-01-11