Thanks Meter: 1,231

By enesuzun2002, Recognized Developer on 27th May 2018, 05:36 PM
Thread Closed Email Thread
5th September 2018, 04:16 PM |#121  
Thanks Meter: 104

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by misiormaster

Can You put also S6 flat stock ROM build.propfingerprint code?
Regards.

See here in the Official Lineage 14.1 thread - https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...&postcount=608

The last two updates have included the fingerprint:
Code:
samsung/zerofltexx/zeroflte:7.0/NRD90M/G920FXXU5EQG3:user/release-keys
which allows Lineage 14.1 to pass the CTS profile check.

Andy
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ADB100 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ADB100 Ad-Free

5th September 2018, 07:15 PM |#122  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Does't work with 15.1 supersu rooted
5th September 2018, 10:52 PM |#123  

More
Quote:

Does't work with 15.1 supersu rooted

It won't.... You can't be rooted and pass SafetyNet checks without something like Magisk. I am at a loss as to why you would even try?

It definitely works without root - just been to Aldi and then the pub on the walk back - paid twice

I am going to do some testing on the spare S6 edge I have and if the Bluetooth call audio works in my car I may well update my S6 to Lineage 15.1
There are still the kernel issues with VoIP - WhatsApp and S4B etc in Lineage 14.1 where the audio doesn't work properly - are these still present in this ROM?

Cheers
Andy
The Following User Says Thank You to ADB100 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ADB100 Ad-Free
6th September 2018, 07:49 AM |#124  

More
On LOS 14.1 i have rooted SuperSU + suhide and safetynet pass without problems. Tryed same on 15.1 and nothing works. Even with stock rom build.prop fingerprint code chainged. So you say Magisk will be better?
6th September 2018, 08:12 AM |#125  

More
Quote:

On LOS 14.1 i have rooted SuperSU + suhide and safetynet pass without problems. Tryed same on 15.1 and nothing works. Even with stock rom build.prop fingerprint code chainged. So you say Magisk will be better?

This is all I did:
Full wipe in TWRP
Install the latest unofficial unified S6/S6 Edge Lineage 15.1 ROM (4th September)
Install latest Stock 8.1 ARM64 GApps
Boot the phone to Android
Sign in with my Google account and let it finish setup (I said no to restoring my apps)
Modify the fingerprint in the build.prop file via TWRP
Install Google Pay and add my card to GPay that was already added to my Google account

It worked first time.

I have never had much luck with Magisk, even after following the various guides to the letter, however it is supposed to work around SafetyNet.

Andy
The Following User Says Thank You to ADB100 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ADB100 Ad-Free
6th September 2018, 11:17 AM |#126  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADB100

This is all I did:
Full wipe in TWRP
Install the latest unofficial unified S6/S6 Edge Lineage 15.1 ROM (4th September)
Install latest Stock 8.1 ARM64 GApps
Boot the phone to Android
Sign in with my Google account and let it finish setup (I said no to restoring my apps)
Modify the fingerprint in the build.prop file via TWRP
Install Google Pay and add my card to GPay that was already added to my Google account

It worked first time.

I have never had much luck with Magisk, even after following the various guides to the letter, however it is supposed to work around SafetyNet.

Andy

Google Pay works!!!!!! Thanks for Your help, I really appreciate that
6th September 2018, 12:00 PM |#127  

More
Question Official? Bluetooth Calling?
Will this ever become official Lineage 15.1 for S6/S6 Edge? I know Google introduced some prerequisites with regards to Kernel versions with Oreo so was wondering whether this will always be an unofficial version as the Kernel is 3.10 (I think Google's minimum version for an upgraded device is 3.18 and new devices shipped with Oreo have to be at least 4.4)
How frequent are the updates? The official Lineage 14.1 updates for S6/S6 Edge are weekly and I'd be keen to keep a similar cycle

I am really tempted to take the plunge and update my daily S6 to Lineage 15.1 based on my experience with the spare S6 Edge I have been playing with. Can anyone confirm that Bluetooth Calling works and what is the audio like in WhatsApp (or other VoIP apps)?

Cheers
Andy

Edit: Just tested BT audio calling with my car and a BT speaker and neither worked. A2DP audio streaming music works fine though. There are some additional BT options in Developers options but I am not sure what to change and none of them seem to stick anyway? I am guessing whatever fixes were applied to Lineage 14.1 need applying to 15.1?
6th September 2018, 01:45 PM |#128  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by enesuzun2002

1) No way samsung ril is closed source
2) you can play music with your bluetooth handset but you cant make calls

Thank you for your answers.

No. 2) is unfortunaly a neck-breaker for me. I need this function nearly every day.
Is there a chance, to get this fixed soon?
is there any ROm with Android 8.x.x for S6 edge, which supports this function?
6th September 2018, 05:13 PM |#129  
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 1,231

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Concha84

Thank you for your answers.

No. 2) is unfortunaly a neck-breaker for me. I need this function nearly every day.
Is there a chance, to get this fixed soon?
is there any ROm with Android 8.x.x for S6 edge, which supports this function?

no i dont think it can be fixed anytime soon and there is no other oreo rom that supports it
The Following User Says Thank You to enesuzun2002 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th September 2018, 04:18 AM |#130  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 80

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADB100

If you change the fingerprint in build.prop to one from a stock ROM it works.

Code:
ro.build.fingerprint=samsung/zeroltexx/zerolte:7.0/NRD90M/G925FXXS5EQL1:user/release-keys
This fix was added to the Official Lineage 14.1 ROM for the S6 (flat).

Just tested it on my wifes old S6 Edge with a nice cracked screen and it works. CTS profile passes and I sucessfully added a card. Play store also now no longer says 'device uncertified'
It does cause an Android system error when the phone boots however saying 'A vendor image mismatch has been detected' and mentions 'NRD90M' (Android 7.0). Although you can just press 'OK' and ignore it...

Andy

Thank you. I don't get the vendor mismatch error.
7th September 2018, 07:55 AM |#131  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillward

Thank you. I don't get the vendor mismatch error.

OK, not sure why my S6 Edge shows this? I have searched and there seems to be quite a few posts online regarding 'Vendor Image mismatch' - I think its because the entries in /system/build.prop and /system/vendor/build.prop are different?

Andy

Edit: Changed the fingerprint line in /system/vendor/build.prop to be the same as the one in /system/build.prop and the message on boot doesn't appear.
The message 'This build was signed with public keys' is displayed on boot but I think this is a common issue with 8.1 ROMs and again cosmetic?
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread