[ROM][G920/5-F-I-S-K-L-T-W8][9.0] UNOFFICIAL LineageOS 16.0

316 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,231

By enesuzun2002, Recognized Developer on 19th December 2018, 07:29 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
23rd January 2019, 05:10 PM |#101  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Unfortunately, and still present the problem echo, please solve it thanks for the excellent work you have done.

23rd January 2019, 05:28 PM |#102  
Flag Peine
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by achkap

Nova launcher with prime...

Have you tried quickstep ? Maybe nova works with it
23rd January 2019, 05:36 PM |#103  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 80

More
Phone calls aren't working at all for me. They cut off after between 0 and 30 seconds. NFC is much worse in the latest version for me. I've been kicked off two buses today. Got it working eventually on the third bus after a restart.

---------- Post added at 06:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:28 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by iAMv7

Thats probably because you are using a launcher that doesn't support newer style

Which launcher are you using. Can you confirm the recently is Pie style for you please.
23rd January 2019, 07:35 PM |#104  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
In the interest of helping diagnose the echo problem, I wanted to make sure first of all it wasn't hardware or the modem file

I have 2x galaxy s6 phones. both never had the echo on stock firmware. I moved one onto lineageos official 14.1, and soon after putting lineageos 14.1 I had people telling me they were hearing themselves echoing back , although I can't hear it from my side using the galaxy s6.

I presumed it was related to the otterbox defender case, or a hardware issue with the phone, or a problem relating to the modem file version.

Now I put this lineageos16 unofficial build from this thread onto both my stock s6 and the one which was already running lineageos14.1. My method was to fully flash the very latest official firmware from my network provider first to both phones, to make sure there was no doubt about the modem file, then apply twrp and then this firmware.

They now both have this exact echo problem, which leads me to believe it's not the modem file or hardware, that it must be the rom. if I find a spare few hours, I may flash them back to stock to help prove that, but the above is pretty conclusive for me

---------- Post added at 08:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:51 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond_lover

I have this issue too. I think if who have the issue report the modem/network used/SIM vendor we can understand what's the problem.
I have a S6E with baseband G925FXXU6ERC8 / I use 3G / I have an H3G Italy SIM.
Please test if you switch to 2G only the issue remains. Share this, thanks.

To answer this question , if I set my preferred network to 2g, it cannot get any mobile signal at all on UK h3g, have driven around to make sure its not just a bad coverage area. Don't know if that's a ROM issue or not, can anyone else test?

---------- Post added at 09:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 PM ----------

Is there a changelog? I see the posts mentioning 2 things specifically, but it would be nice to know if there's an exact changelog - regardless, I'm delighted to see hotspot fixed

---------- Post added at 09:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 PM ----------

There are some unusual things about the lock screen , I am using pattern lock , and also have fingerprint registered. I have the advanced 'power button instantly locks' option turned on. When you wake up the phone to use it, i can see the pattern dots waiting, and a clock in the background, but trying to touch the screen and draw the pattern does nothing, if I press power, the background clock goes away, and now i can use pattern or fingerprint.
24th January 2019, 05:43 AM |#105  
Thanks Meter: 68

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillward

Phone calls aren't working at all for me. They cut off after between 0 and 30 seconds. NFC is much worse in the latest version for me. I've been kicked off two buses today. Got it working eventually on the third bus after a restart.

---------- Post added at 06:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:28 PM ----------

Which launcher are you using. Can you confirm the recently is Pie style for you please.

I did just that but I think nobody understood me. Pie recents work for me with Nova prime. Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190123-185830_Trebuchet.jpeg
Views:	226
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	4692638
24th January 2019, 09:26 AM |#106  
Flag London

More
That's odd. Are you on the latest build?
24th January 2019, 02:32 PM |#107  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
i want to use this ROM but the screen brightness doesn't go low enough will use ressurection remix instead
24th January 2019, 03:09 PM |#108  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ted3

i want to use this ROM but the screen brightness doesn't go low enough will use ressurection remix instead

How about using the 'lux' app?
24th January 2019, 03:37 PM |#109  
Thanks Meter: 68

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillward

That's odd. Are you on the latest build?

Yes I am on the latest build
24th January 2019, 07:48 PM |#110  
Flag London

More
I wonder what we have set that's different then. Weird.
25th January 2019, 09:29 AM |#111  
Flag London

More
My recents have magically changed back to Pie. Fantastic.
Google Pay is working well on the latest build.
I still have calls drop 95% of the time. On my latest local modem, so not sure how to fix it. Anyone have any luck with that?
Can I try a different countries modem?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)