first of all I'd like to give the credit to @jastonas, @umnex and others who created flashable APK, this wouldn't be possible without them.
I modified and signed APK from this thread to allow installation without root.
Current release is based on version 5.1.131226882
- This is beta release, so please expect bugs
- Dialer will NOT work on Lollipop, sorry
- I focus on pure stock experience, so I'll never support themes/changing colors/whatever, but feel free to modify app on your own if you want.
- Incoming call UI
- Internal contacts lookup
- Contacts and call history access
- Phone number blacklist
- Application freezes while interacting with settings. Workaround: Use settings directly, not through this app.
- Caller ID doesn't work (and probably never will)
- Unable to delete individual calls from call log INVALID: Option is not available even on Nexus
- Download attached APK
- Upload to the device and install using common tools
- Go to Settings > Applications > Default Applications and switch Calling app to Google Dialer
Any feedback is welcome, but I don't have much time to spare, so please don't expect any regular updates.
Thank you for understanding.
P.S.: You can also give a try to accidentally released Google version, which seems to have Caller ID working
Google has released new update of Phone app which apparently solved everything.
- APK doesn't check for device, so it can be installed anywhere
- Contact lookup on Samsung is fixed (no hacks required anymore)
- Caller ID seems to be working too (worked for me after 2nd call)