What you need
- S7 G930-F or FD (why you'd get a non-international phone beats me, F or FD (dual SIM) are the best variants of the S7)
- The phone is new or you've backed up all your data - you can do that using TWRP between steps 11 and 12 below
- PC or Mac
- MicroUSB cable
- microSD card inserted into the phone
- Download the SuperMan ROM .zip
- While it's downloading, boot your new phone normally
- Activate Developer options (Settings -> About phone -> (Software info) -> Build number, and tap it 7 times)
- Go to Settings -> Developer options and check "OEM unlock"
- Download the latest TWRP .img from https://dl.twrp.me/herolte/
- On Linux, download the attached heimdall binary, or compile it per the instructions at the very end of the Linux README (don't worry about QT, you're not going to need the front-end because it's buggy and unnecessary; here are all the dependencies you need). On MacOS or Windows, get the Heimdall binaries from Heimdall's home page.
- When the SuperMan ROM is finished downloading, copy it to the external microSD card
- Power off the phone and boot it in Download mode (Home+Power+Volume Down)
- Run heimdall flash --RECOVERY twrp-<version>-herolte.img
- If it doesn't do so automatically, reboot the phone in recovery mode (power off, then Home+Power+Volume Up)
- In TWRP, swipe to allow modifications
- Format Data and type "yes". This will remove the encryption.
- Back in TWRP, choose "Install" and locate the ZIP on the external_sd card
- Reboot to install the SuperMan ROM (don't be alarmed if the boot animation takes ~10 minutes) - the installer is referred to as "Aroma" and will let you choose a bunch of configuration settings and apps to install.
- I recommend NOT installing any 3Minit apps unless you're into questionable-bordering-on-pointless theming of the battery indicator and clock (hopefully you have better things to do with your life)
- I also recommend not installing any apps you can install later from Play.
That's it. Clear, simple instructions. You're welcome.