Compatibility notes :
NFE PIE - Android 9.0.0 STOCK RELEASE odexed roms
S7 Stock NFE PIE ROMs - G930/G935 F/FD
'I don't use any ported rom so I can't check it'
This kernel is for stock rom odexed.
(If You want to install ported roms - pls uncheck Priv fix for stock Roms in installation process and select fix for deodexed and ported roms and look at Installation section in OP)
The kernel use an AROMA installer to help guide you through the installation.
To tweak most of the settings in the kernel, I recommend using Kernel Adiutor by Willi Ye or MTweaks by @morogoku or Smartpack-Kernel Manager.
1. WARNING: YOU UNDERSTAND THAT INSTALLING CUSTOM FIRMWARE/ROM/KERNEL IS AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!
2. YOUR WARRANTY CAN BE VOID.
"I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.
Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this kernel before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point
the finger at me for messing up your device, You can't blame me for this fact."
3. NO REQUESTS!!!
- based on stock Samsung kernel U4CSC4
- based on stock Samsung ramdisk U4CSC4 | sepolicy 03.2019
- based on latest ELS source ||3.18.91||
- Flat and Edge support
- Odexed / Deodexed Roms
- aroma installer
- init.d support
- lot of CPU governors
- Conservative governor editable (now You can edit governors values)
- lower than stock's values for big and little CPUs frequencies to 208/130 MHz
- lower than stock's values for GPU frequencies to 112MHz
- lot of I/O schedulers
- TCP : cubic, htcp, reno, bic, westwood, vegas, veno, lia, olia, wvegas
- SELinux status to permissive/enforcing
- disasbled DM-Verity, Knox, RKP, Tima, Rooting Restriction
- Magisk, MTweaks, Smartpack-Kernel Manager
- fixed TWRP 3.2.3-0 by Tkkg1994
- Spectrum support
- PWM Flicker Free
- CPU voltage control
- standard wakelocks
- Boeffla wakelock control
- Battery settings controls
- ABS clock fixed to 64bit
- GPU Thermal Throttling
- GPU voltage control
- GPU OC to 806 MHz
- Fsync control and CRC
- Dynamic Fsync
- Gentle Sleepers support
- Wireguard VPN support
- Moro Sound Drivers
- LED controls
- Gestures Wakeup controls
- Support Hotplugs : ALucard, AiO, Zen Decision and AutoSMP - first kernel with this features
..MTweaks do not support all features of hotplugs so all settings are not available to change
..You can do it via file browser and change values in sys files of this module - some parts.
- VNSwap default is turned ON | If You want it OFF, select in Aroma Installer.
- ZRAM max file is changed to 2,5GB but default is turned OFF | disk space for ZRAM is editable.
- Fingerprint Boost | first kernel with this feature for S7 TW
- this kernel is not for people who want to get big bentchmark scores, OC, etc.
- this kernel is for daily use for better battery life with good balanced work
What is not included:
- no OC for CPU
- no synapse support
FOR STOCK ODEX/DEODEX ROMS
- FIRST - Clear cache apps like Kernel Adiutor or MTweaks or another one in system app menager !!!
- Backup EFS and KERNEL as always in TWRP !!!
- Download the latest kernel version zip file
- Go to recovery
- Flash the kernel zip with root or not
- Choose aroma selection
- Flash Magisk separately or with Aroma installer
- Mtweaks app is copied to Your External_SDcard in MTweaks folder - You can install it manually.
If You wnat to flash this kernel and have installed another custom kernel like MoRoKernel or Arianoxx, You have to clear MTweaks or Kernel Adiutor cache before You install.
If You dont want one of the possibilities for root inside Aroma Installer please choose no root and next flash any root mods manually.
PROBLEMS / BUGS:
Thanks for reports.
CREDITS AND THANKS:
- The Linux Kernel Archive for the Linux Patches https://www.kernel.org/
- Samsung Open Source Release Center for the Source code http://opensource.samsung.com/
- Project: Exynos-Linux-Stable for updated ELS Linux source codes https://github.com/exynos-linux-stable
- @morogoku and @francitato02 for his help and explanation of the compile and configure kernel processing, codes and commits
- @djb77 for his help and explanation of the compile and configure kernel processing, codes and commits
- @Tkkg1994, @francitato02, @Noxxxious, @farovitus, and @mwilky for help, codes and commits
- @osm0sis for Android Image Kitchen and anykernel2 https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho....php?t=2073775
- Magisk and SuperSu Team for root method
- @ModX81 for new base of ramdisk, CP and BL from Samsung
- Tester : @wille95, @youpeero, @TheesKyr, @cenelyanto, @Franz S.
- Tester, idea & support : @matt_988
SOURCE of the kernel:
Telegram Group: Link
Telegram News Channel: Link
Statsus : Stable
Current version : 1.5
Release Date : 2019-05-14
If you liked my work, you can collaborate by giving thanks and with some donation to continue working hard.
Thank you very much to all.
CHANGELOGS & DOWNLOADS in 2nd post