By BadGuy, Senior Member on 23rd August 2018, 05:11 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Cosmic-OS Logo

Code:
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */
Cosmic-OS is a Custom ROM based on Android Open Source Project (AOSP) with additional features, performance and battery life improvements.

Based on Android 8.1.0

# Recents Screen:
- Clear All Recents FAB
- Immersive Recents - Hide apps from recents
- Icon Pack Support

# StatusBar:
- StatusBar Items
- VOLTE Switch

# Navigation Bar:
- Navigation Bar Tuner

# Lockscreen:
- Lockscreen Weather
- Lockscreen Tuner
- Lockscreen Media Art
- Lockscreen Charging
- Lockscreen Quick Unlock
- Lockscreen Pin Scramble
- Lockscreen Visualizer

# Gestures:
- Double Tap to sleep Options for StatusBar, Navigation Bar and Lockscreen
- Flashlight Toggle

# Notifications:
- Incall Vibration Options

# Quick Settings:
- Smart Pulldown options
- QS panel Columns and Rows

# Volume Rocker:
- Do not Disturb Switch
- Volume Rocker Music Controls
- Volume Buttons Swap
- Volume Rocker Cursor Control
- Volume Rocker Wake

# Miscellaneous:
- Extended Restart
- Dashboard Conditions Toggle
- Night Mode Options
- Battery Usage Alerts
- Wakelock Blocker
- Alarm Blocker
- Wake on Plug
- CPU Info Switch

# Featured Stuffs:
- Themes Manager
- Cosmic-OS Wallpapers
- Cosmic-OS App
- Adaptive Icons

And many more being added regulary!

Instructions for flashing:
Download ROM and GApps.
Copy ROM and GApps to internal storage.
Wipe /data, /system and /cache.
Flash ROM and GApps (And any mods you use)
Enjoy :P

Instructions for update:
Download ROM and GApps.
Copy ROM and GApps to internal storage.
Flash ROM and GApps (And any mods you use)

Note: First boot and boots after every update can take some time. They may even loop a few times. We do not support custom kernels or mods like MultiROM. If you have an issue, make sure your edits aren't interfering with the issue you're reporting.

Cosmic-OS BETA-1
Cosmic-OS BETA-2
Gapps

Working:
Camera (Except 4k video recording)
Wifi
Sound
USB tethering
Video Playback
Fingerprint Sensor
Ril (Mobile data,calls, sms and stuff)
Sensors
Buttons and their backlight
Bluetooth
Wifi HotSpot
MTP
HW encoding/decoding
Charging with device powered off
GPS
Bugs:
Tell me.

ROM | DEVICE TREE | KERNEL

Telegram

XDA:DevDB Information
Cosmic-OS Pulsar v3.2 UNOFFICIAL for herolte, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S7

Contributors
BadGuy, ivan_Meler, Cosmic-OS Team
Source Code: https://github.com/BadGuy552

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
Based On: Cosmic-OS

Version Information
Current Beta Version: 2
Beta Release Date: 2018-08-30

Created 2018-08-23
Last Updated 2018-08-30
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to BadGuy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift BadGuy Ad-Free

23rd August 2018, 05:14 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag S�o Paulo
Thanks Meter: 223

Donate to Me
More
Screenshots:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180823-004432.jpg
Views:	2970
Size:	197.4 KB
ID:	4578639   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180823-004437.png
Views:	2882
Size:	206.1 KB
ID:	4578640   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180823-004440.jpg
Views:	3040
Size:	186.1 KB
ID:	4578641   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180823-004447.jpg
Views:	2956
Size:	146.3 KB
ID:	4578642   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180823-004457.jpg
Views:	2932
Size:	160.0 KB
ID:	4578643   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180823-004505.jpg
Views:	2808
Size:	196.2 KB
ID:	4578644  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BadGuy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift BadGuy Ad-Free
23rd August 2018, 01:26 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Thanks for the ROM, are there any problem with the Camera on Whatsapp? Works only with Aurora Market?
23rd August 2018, 01:31 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag S�o Paulo

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitelmaniaco

Thanks for the ROM, are there any problem with the Camera on Whatsapp? Works only with Aurora Market?

The only "problem" I see in relation to the camera in whatsapp is the quality that ends up coming out a bit bad, but this can be corrected using some third camera (I use the google camera), and the rom works with any store.
23rd August 2018, 05:21 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Flashed from stock oreo after wiping sdcard and internal. Love the numerous colour theme options and inverted light/dark option too. I may have got a bad gapps as playstore crashea every time I try to install an app. Camera works but video won't at back and crashes on me too. Rebooted but still happening will try clearing data and see if that helps.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

*Edit: cleared cache and data from Play store, play services camera and gallery. Video player when launched from gallery still crashes when selecting play but everything else is working as it should, including my Bluetooth earphones

---------- Post added at 04:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:11 PM ----------

Also just a heads up that the banner says OS version 3.1 but title of thread says 3.2

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
24th August 2018, 03:03 AM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag S�o Paulo

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydr0id

Flashed from stock oreo after wiping sdcard and internal. Love the numerous colour theme options and inverted light/dark option too. I may have got a bad gapps as playstore crashea every time I try to install an app. Camera works but video won't at back and crashes on me too. Rebooted but still happening will try clearing data and see if that helps.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

*Edit: cleared cache and data from Play store, play services camera and gallery. Video player when launched from gallery still crashes when selecting play but everything else is working as it should, including my Bluetooth earphones

---------- Post added at 04:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:11 PM ----------

Also just a heads up that the banner says OS version 3.1 but title of thread says 3.2

Switch video resolution to 1080p in camera app (in camera 4k is the default resolution, but 4k video recording not works)
And use opengapps
24th August 2018, 04:38 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadGuy

Switch video resolution to 1080p in camera app (in camera 4k is the default resolution, but 4k video recording not works)
And use opengapps

Thanks for the suggestions. I had already set Video resolution to 1080 after reading it was an issue previously and didn't want to use up all my storage on cat videos. So had already set resolution settings below 4k before attempting to record.
The camera recorded and saved properly. It was the attempting to play the recording back using gallery app that caused the video to FC/crash. I I a playstore camera/editing app and after rebooting device a couple times since then I noticed the video is now playing ok from the gallery app included in rom.

Sorry I wasnt very specific on gapps used. I flashed open_gapps-arm64-8.1-nano-20180823.zip

Also an update: Bluetooth worked well for podcasts and video streaming. But discovered it isn't at all workable when on the phone. I tried to get you a call recording but that failed to start. And a bug report too but that only created a folder on my root drive however it's been several years since I've taken one so am likely why the bug report didn't work. Didn't have time to Google or search here for instructions because needed to get to that call.

I noticed more than a few times today that the back button tended to kill apps with little effort or delay and wasnt at all what I was trying to do, but couldn't find a way to change that in system settings or nova launcher.

Only other feedback I have after using for about a day is that there are a few instances in UI where system apps have white background despite applying the black option in the ROM theme settings. Nothing too big of a deal but hurts the eyes if not expecting the white. I noticed it with the included messaging text app, Google drive, phone dialer and contacts. If all system UI could match theme settings that'd be slick.

The wallpapers included with the ROM are also cute. And more than I remember getting with other similarly based ROMs, so thank you.

It's a nice ROM and reminded me of using old slimROMs, but I need my phone calls to be happy with Bluetooth so sadly will likely need to go back to TW or stock.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180823-230441.jpg
Views:	382
Size:	49.2 KB
ID:	4579507

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
24th August 2018, 10:13 AM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag S�o Paulo

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydr0id

Thanks for the suggestions. I had already set Video resolution to 1080 after reading it was an issue previously and didn't want to use up all my storage on cat videos. So had already set resolution settings below 4k before attempting to record.
The camera recorded and saved properly. It was the attempting to play the recording back using gallery app that caused the video to FC/crash. I I a playstore camera/editing app and after rebooting device a couple times since then I noticed the video is now playing ok from the gallery app included in rom.

Sorry I wasnt very specific on gapps used. I flashed open_gapps-arm64-8.1-nano-20180823.zip

Also an update: Bluetooth worked well for podcasts and video streaming. But discovered it isn't at all workable when on the phone. I tried to get you a call recording but that failed to start. And a bug report too but that only created a folder on my root drive however it's been several years since I've taken one so am likely why the bug report didn't work. Didn't have time to Google or search here for instructions because needed to get to that call.

I noticed more than a few times today that the back button tended to kill apps with little effort or delay and wasnt at all what I was trying to do, but couldn't find a way to change that in system settings or nova launcher.

Only other feedback I have after using for about a day is that there are a few instances in UI where system apps have white background despite applying the black option in the ROM theme settings. Nothing too big of a deal but hurts the eyes if not expecting the white. I noticed it with the included messaging text app, Google drive, phone dialer and contacts. If all system UI could match theme settings that'd be slick.

The wallpapers included with the ROM are also cute. And more than I remember getting with other similarly based ROMs, so thank you.

It's a nice ROM and reminded me of using old slimROMs, but I need my phone calls to be happy with Bluetooth so sadly will likely need to go back to TW or stock.

Send-me a logcat of your device trying to use bluetooth in phone calls, here i not getting any of these issues that you described.
27th August 2018, 02:48 PM |#9  
NC
Thanks Meter: 35

More
It is definitely perfect rom. I've faced with no single issue till now. I hope, it will be kept up-to-date . Thanks for the rom @BadGuy.
The Following User Says Thank You to maksakal For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift maksakal Ad-Free
28th August 2018, 04:14 AM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag S�o Paulo

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksakal

It is definitely perfect rom. I've faced with no single issue till now. I hope, it will be kept up-to-date . Thanks for the rom @BadGuy.

I am very happy that you are enjoying the ROM very well, any problem only report here
The Following User Says Thank You to BadGuy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift BadGuy Ad-Free
28th August 2018, 03:43 PM |#11  
NC
Thanks Meter: 35

More
Only issue that I faced is recent and back keys are working on the AOD.
Waiting for the new release ivan_Meler has released new version with various fixes.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)