This ROM is NOT based on any other custom ROM. My work contains many original ideas and innovations that I introduced as the first in the ROM development (see "Changelist" in post #2). Of course, it does not mean that I do not need to thank anyone - there are people who helped / inspired me anyhow (see "Credits").
I will risk the statement that at this moment my "DevBase" is the most tuned and nuanced custom ROM available at XDA Forum
I agree to use any part of my work to create other custom ROMs, but it would be great if you add me to the credits
I have decided to create a pure base, which can be a pattern for ROM Chefs (not only for beginners) ROM is initially safe de-bloated (read below what does it exactly mean), but all features are present and works!
ROM can be installed by normal users as well. If you like a little de-bloated ROMs, clean, but with all working features - there is no better alternative I think
ROM contains my extended CSC package, which I called G930FAXX (this is a combination of OXX, OXA, OXE, OLB, OJV, OJK + some additional). Final list of available CSC is as follows:
ACR, AFG, AFR, ALE, ARO, ATO, AUT, BGL, BNG, BTC, BTU, BVO, CAC, CAM, CAU, CEL, CHK, CHO, CHP, CHQ, COO, CPW, CYO, DBT, DKR, DRC, ECT, EGY, EON, ETL, EUR, GLB, ILO, INS, INU, ITV, KOR, KSA, LUX, LYS, MAT, MAX, MID, MM1, MRT, MRU, MTZ, MWD, MYM, NEE, NPL, NZC, ORX, PAK, PCL, PCW, PHE, PHN, PTR, ROM, SEB, SEE, SEK, SER, SIN, SIO, SLI, SLK, SMA, SMG, SKZ, STH, THL, THR, TMC, TPA, TPH, TPL, TRG, TTR, TTT, TUN, TUR, TWO, UPO, UYO, VIM, WTL, XEF, XEH, XEO, XEU, XFA, XFE, XFM, XFU, XME, XSA, XSG, XSP, XTC, XTE, XXV, ZTO
NEW !!! I present you new, unique option: "Keep current CSC", so you can install my DevBase keeping your original CSC even if it is not listed above! Note that in such case this option has some limitations - more informations you can find in related older threads, e.g. HERE
- Odexed (original stock files) + stock kernel
- Multi CSC (list of natively supported CSC as above) (*)
- Removed SecurityLogAgent (annoying on rooted phones)
- Rooted systemlessly (Magisk v14.5 or SuperSU 2.82) (*)
- All original features are present and works
- No visual changes (100% stock look)
- Safe De-Bloated (more info below)
- ONLY apps available in stores are removed from DevBase, so you can easy (re)install any of these app if you like
- ONLY pre-installed system apps are removed, DevBase installer never touch any updated app nor app installed manually from store
Thus, the following conclusions can be drawn:
1. If you install my DevBase directly over stock ROM without performing "Wipe data" - in most cases almost all these apps will remain untouched, because almost all apps have been updated already (stored on /data). But then you will be able to remove any useless app using the "Application manager", like any other app. Removed manually app will not appear again until you use my DevBase while updating.
2. If you perform "Wipe data" while installing my DevBase - then all apps listed below will be removed. If you would like to use any of these apps - just install it manually from appropriate store. Installed manually app will not be removed during the next DevBase update.
Removed apps list:
FB Pages Manager
Google+ / Photos
2. Modded systemlessly - contains SYSTEMLESS DevBase
- All mods known from previous DevBase versions (up to v3.x) are applied systemlessly - all modified files (including modded apps) are placed in /data/devbase/system instead of physical /system partition. Mods section (#4) has been updated to install mods to /data/devbase/system/(priv-)app if systemless DevBase has been detected (otherwise will be installed as usual, to /system). Init.d support has been removed as it is deprecated (use post-fs-data.d or su.d instead). For more information, guides, tips & tricks - see SYSTEMLESS DevBase.
(*) - these options can be controlled by editing options.prop file (you can find such file in ZIP's root directory). Just place modified options.prop file (use e.g. Notepad++ to edit) in the root directory of internal emulated scdard (/data/media/0) or extSdCard (recommended if you plan to format internal emulated sdcard) and then start the installation. More info below:
# DevBase by ALEXNDR (_alexndr @ XDA)
# Configuration file to allow customize the installation.
# File inside the ZIP installer is just for reference - please do not modify it!
# If you want to change some options listed below - copy this file, then edit it using
# e.g. Notepad++ (do not use Windows Notepad!), then place your modified options.prop file
# in the root directory of internal emulated scdard (/data/media/0) or in the root directory
# of extSdCard (recommended if you plan to format internal emulated sdcard) and then start
# the installation.
# TIP: You do not need to repeat this step every next update I will release. As long as your
# customized options.prop file is present in the (ext)SdCard - future DevBase installers will
# "read in your mind" that you want to install with such options again.
# I agree to use any part of my work to create more advanced custom ROM,
# but it would be great if you add me to the credits
# Enable root access with the selected method. Allowed values:
# magisk - install Magisk & MagiskSU as root solution (default)
# supersu - install SuperSU as root solution, without Magisk
# noroot - do not root device (NOTE: you will get unmodified ROM!)
# CSC Selection. Allowed values:
# KCSC - Keep current CSC, recommended in most cases (automatic selection or copy your current CSC contents).
# You can force the use of natively supported CSC by typing (use UPPERCASE!): ACR, AFG, AFR, ATO, AUT, BGL,
# BNG, BTC, BTU, CAC, CAM, CAU, CEL, CPW, CYO, DBT, DKR, DRC, ECT, EGY, ETL, EUR, GLB, ILO, INS, INU, ITV,
# KOR, KSA, LYS, MAT, MID, MM1, MRT, MRU, MTZ, MWD, MYM, NEE, NPL, NZC, ORX, PAK, PCL, PHE, PHN, PTR, ROM,
# SEB, SEE, SEK, SER, SIN, SIO, SLI, SLK, SMA, SMG, SKZ, STH, THL, THR, TMC, TPH, TPL, TUN, TUR, TWO, VIM,
# WTL, XEF, XEH, XEO, XEU, XFA, XFE, XFM, XFU, XME, XSA, XSG, XSP, XTC, XTE, XXV, ZTO
NEW !!! Starting from DevBase v3.0 there is a new customization method - you can change frequently switched root options just by renaming installer's ZIP file name (instead of editing options.prop file). Currently supported "strings" in the file name: "magisk", "supersu", "noroot":
Case 1 (default) - install the ROM with Magisk & MagiskSU as root solution
(just flash ZIP file "as it is")
Case 2 - install the ROM with SuperSU as root solution, without Magisk
(place "supersu" string anywhere in the ZIP file name, e.g. "G930Fxxx_DevBase_v4.x_supersu.zip")
Case 3 - do not root device (NOTE: you will get unmodified ROM!)
(place "noroot" string anywhere in the ZIP file name, e.g. "G930Fxxx_DevBase_v4.x_noroot.zip")
CWM / TWRP recovery (KNOX 0x1) - open file using "Install (Zip)" option and confirm operation. If you want to perform "clean install' - perform "wipe data/factory reset" BEFORE flashing Zip!
Wipe data is NOT required if you are coming from stock ROM (already rooted) or a previous version of my DevBase (if you leave "Keep current CSC" option untouched in /options.prop or if you choose same CSC as you are currently using). In other cases - wipe data is highly recommended!
I do not recommend using any additional superwipes or formats before install my DevBase (my installer cleans your system well enough!).
@Chainfire for systemless SuperSU and a lot of inspiration
@topjohnwu for Magisk, another inspiration & some binaries used separately
Hit Thanks button if you like my work. If you really appreciate my work - feel free to buy me a beer