FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Battery life is worse on Nougat

1,856 posts
Thanks Meter: 304

By Cusa, Senior Member on 13th February 2017, 02:53 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Is it just me or is battery life worse on nougat?

13th February 2017, 09:26 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 117

More
Did you do a factory reset after updating?
Back up your data and do it. Use the Recovery Mode (Phone off -> Hold power / Vol Up and Home Key) and wipe Cache/Factory Reset.

If possible install everything fresh and don't use backups (except for messages etc of course). Especially on an Exynos model of the S7 Nougat's battery life should roughly equal or be better than Marshmallows, Snapdragon also, but since i don`t live in the US, i can't verify, since the majority of my friends and myself use the Exynos version.

Also check your apps for wakelocks and the like. Disable/uninstall apps not needed (for example if you don`t use Samsung VR/Gear, deactivate it. It will help improving battery life).

Other than that, enjoy nougat
13th February 2017, 06:49 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 304

More
I did a fresh install and battery life is horrible.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cusa For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Cusa Ad-Free
14th February 2017, 11:56 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
I am facing this too on the exynos variant after updating to Nougat via OTA. BTW what does formatting have to do with fast discharge after update? I mean it shouldn't make any difference.
15th February 2017, 02:28 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
try changing mode
is it possible that you might be constantly in high performance mode?
as it increases screen resolution and backlight , might be the cause of battery drain.
The Following User Says Thank You to vikasn95 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vikasn95 Ad-Free
15th February 2017, 05:02 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
I've gone up from 5 to 5.5 hours SOT on MM, to 6 to 6.5 SOT on N. Should definitely be better.
Make sure you turn off all the junk like smart stay and gesture sensor crap.
15th February 2017, 05:40 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 41

More
I feel nougat battery life is better either.
24th February 2017, 04:19 PM |#8  
Houston
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cusa

Is it just me or is battery life worse on nougat?

My battery life is a JOKE after the upgrade (via ODIN) to Nougat. I did flash HOME_CSC to keep all my data. I've disabled all the extra settings, knocked the resolution down to 1920x1080 and made sure it's on optimized performance. I've also put every non-essential app to sleep mode. I do use my phone more than average, but I haven't gotten a whole day's battery yet. It also is back to burning 5-10% overnight night on cell standby that it wasn't doing with 6.0.1!!

I love the look and feel, but this isn't worth it for me. I use TrueCaller, so I don't need the advanced call blocking. I use Nova Launcher, so there's that. I haven't found another major advantage yet to outweigh the bogus battery life.

I'm going to wipe the whole phone and restore only text messages and see how that goes this weekend.
25th February 2017, 07:37 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
try reseting all app permissions by going to :

settings> applications> click on the 3 dots on top right> click reset app preferences.

now restart ur fone and enjoy the awesomness of nougat !

*please not that this trick will only benefit people who are having high android os or system drain by default ( or since the install of nougat), which could be caused by nougat new permissions conflicting MM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Vcaddy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Vcaddy Ad-Free
26th February 2017, 09:29 AM |#10  
Flag Delhi
Thanks Meter: 268

More
Battery life idle drain had increased for me in nougat. Now get 4.5 hrs earlier never got below 5hrs sot.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to takerhbk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift takerhbk Ad-Free
28th February 2017, 09:27 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 85

More
WOW I just can't believe how bad battery life is on Nougat. It has similar battery life with AOSP based ROMs that are early in their development. I was hoping that either the reports are not true but not only they are true but I wish I could show everybody how bad it is. I will flash Marshmallow back and stay there until this mess gets fixed. This is seriously scary, I can't believe they released the firmware at this state. Even more I hope they will eventually bother to fix it because something tells me they won't.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)