Convert SM-G930F to SM-G930FD / Add Dual-SIM-Support

Search This thread

adamk7

Feb 20, 2013
After doing this, can you still use custom roms and kernels like Superman rom and Noto kernel and retain dual sim functionality?

Also, since it's using the same IMEI for both cards, would it be a better to not use sim cards from the same network so that the network doesn't blacklist the phone? Or does it not matter?

Last edited:

geminithebest2222

Nov 14, 2013
perfect fine in pakistan even used same network sims on it .

both sis were telenor pakistan even use 2 days no block.....

happy dual sim s7 s7edge s8 note fe note 8

---------- Post added at 04:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:05 AM ----------

After doing this, can you still use custom roms and kernels like Superman rom and Noto kernel and retain dual sim functionality?

Also, since it's using the same IMEI for both cards, would it be a better to not use sim cards from the same network so that the network doesn't blacklist the phone? Or does it not matter?

yes u can use any rom dual sim will not remove

only remove whn u install official from odin coz it doesnt support dual sim juction

tested on s7 s7edge korean version S L K

adamk7

Feb 20, 2013
Thanks for the info geminithebest2222

So I contacted manhit through whatsapp and he's not responsive. I also contacted a youtuber who offered the service and someone in the comments doing the same. I also contacted some ebay sellers I used in the past to unlock an LG phone using one of those usb boxes. All with no luck.

If someone finds someone who can do it please let me know.
In the mean time I think I'll hit up sellers on ebay who offer unlocking services with z3x boxes asking them if they could do it.

andreaslev

Jun 11, 2016
You have to give Manhit time. He answered me only after 5 days. Apparently he has many inquiries. You just have to wait ...

UltraNoob

May 6, 2012
This is actually pretty legit. If I ever need dual sim support, glad to know my phone can support it

AngeloLuiz

Feb 4, 2018
My moto x play was converted to dual from single sim after flashing a dual sim capable rom. It had one IMEI and both sims were working simultaneously without problem in many EU countries.
I have not tried it with my G930F cause i do not have a double sim tray. I am eagerly waiting for your results. As far as i know, 'FD' devices have HW modem that can support two sims, while devices without 'D' have not. Once again, i am waiting for your results!

hi I'm about to repair my mother's s7. Its deadboot for awhile now, is it possible to use the SM-G930F (single sim) as a replacement part? the unit is SM-G930FD (dual sim)

andreaslev

Jun 11, 2016
The DualSim runs on my S7 also with the original Rom. In any case, you need ROOT to access and write the CERT file from your S7.
But had the Batman Rom before when Manhint edited the file for me. After that, I switched back to the Originals Rom and DualSim is still running.

espetoet

Nov 7, 2014
salam to all just have done with manhit at 10USD with teamviewer

your phone should be rooted and custom rom installed which capable dual sim functional variant supported

itz working like a charm but both imei are same....

its safe or not in pakistan ?

right now m using with diff networks sims in both slot

not checked same network sims...

---------- Post added at 06:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:04 AM ----------

i used this rom

SuperStock-Rom_SM-G93XF_V2.10.0

which is supported all samsung exnoys chipset s7 and s7 edge mobiles S L K F W8 i think......

Hello people! i have a galaxy s7 g930f i would convert it to dual sim. how do I contact?

khsarmad

Feb 27, 2014
i checked that u mentioned Note Fe , regarding that i have Note Fe korean n935s Version unfortunately its Imei is 00000000 can u help me .

andreaslev

Jun 11, 2016
As an alternative to the Z3X Box, the program Chimera Tools also works. Comes without any box. Is a small program with which one can use different functions. Unlock, flash firmware, backup and more.
jghrql66.png

https://chimeratool.com/

Phone must be rooted (With Chimera Tool you lose all data at root)
1. Set Sim Count 2 Sim
2. Read Cert Sim 1
3. Write Cert from Sim 1 to Sim 2
Ready for Dual Sim

Last edited:
Reactions: paulwollf

MRNOT

Feb 10, 2017
As an alternative to the Z3X Box, the program Chimera Tools also works. Comes without any box. Is a small program with which one can use different functions. Unlock, flash firmware, backup and more.
jghrql66.png

Phone must be rooted (With Chimera Tool you lose all data at root)
1. Set Sim Count 2 Sim
2. Read Cert Sim 1
3. Write Cert from Sim 1 to Sim 2
Ready for Dual Sim
any link for download Chimera?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    According to this picture from ifixit
    sDLixOkdfEdeAk1j.huge
    it's seem that all S7 version are dual sim capable...
    Converted single sim to dual (s7-edge)

I have recently converted my s7 edge single sim to dual sim without z3x box i have used crack version of z3x which can be used without box if properly installed.
    before converting i want to tell that i was on the latest android 8.0 with latest security patches.
    STEPS I DID=#
    INSTALLATION FILES=
    1)Installed latest U4 combination file for s7 edge.
    2)istalled kingoroot for one time temporary rooting.
    3)installed crack version of z3x box.(youtube it)

Now These are the steps i used for converting
    1)flash U4 Combination file via odin.
    2)root the device using kingoroot.(Internet is neccessary)
    3)open z3x and read the cert file of your device it will be saved in your pc.
    4)open the cert file as text file and copy and paste it all the way down starting from Imei.
    5)write 2 after the pasted text i.e IMEI2 ,PUBKEY2,ETC
    6)save it and write this edited cert file using z3x.
    7)your device will restart and will ask you to reset/restart the device just click on that reset/restart option.
    8)thats it your device is successfully converted and you can install any rom on your device official or custom your device will not revert back to single sim unless you again use z3x box and do the reverse procedure.?

---------- Post added at 11:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 PM ----------

Hi everyone ,

I have a dual sim tray laying around somewhere here being useless now. And I also read this thread a few times, but still feel that I'm missing a step.
    So please correct me in my adventure in going dual-sim in these few steps for my stock SM-G935F :fingers-crossed::
    - root S7 Edge with TWRP (https://dl.twrp.me/herolte/) and Magisk (https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk/releases/);
    - probably a factory reset via Magisk;
    - copy IMEI to sim2 using Chimera (https://chimeratool.com/en/shop);

The Q's:
    - That's it?
    - Can I keep using the stock rom with dual sim or do I have to pick up an SM-G935FD rom at Sammobile?
    - If I want to use the same carrier on both sims, can I use/program the IMEI from my other broken samsung for SIM2? nvm... it's a hash by Samsung, since the old phone is broken, I can't retrieve te cert's. (hmmm. talking to myself huh...)

Tia!

you can keep your stock firmware as well as you can install G935FD rom if you have model G935F.
    i don't know if this will work for canadian model.But you don't have to try this as your good to go for your own model firmware.
    Can get a SM-G930F from my provider. But would like to use double lines.
    After some research it would appear that to do this might be illegal in the UK so I think I won't bother. Dual sim phones come with two unique IMEI numbers and to have two sims running with the same IMEI would be inviting trouble.
    That's theory, most dual sim chinese phone that you can buy come with an unique IMEI, I never saw anyone getting into trouble because of this

You mean both sims use the same IMEI? well I have until the 24th October when my dual sim tray will arrive from china to muse over the ethics and repercussions of this.

Edit:
    It would appear that Dual sim phones with one IMEI number are the 'one sim working or the other' sort where as you need two IMEIs if both sims are going to be active - https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/comp.mobile.android/Mj86ltfLziE
    can you pm me the link to z3x? i would really apreciate it

Sent.
    check pm