FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Custom ROM with stock camera

3 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By Jimmymcma, Junior Member on 7th February 2018, 12:25 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Good morning. I am considering rooting my*phone*to enable me to get round the WhatsApp limitation of the incoming and outgoing media files filling up my internal memory. I am planning to use link2sd once rooted.

I am contemplating the idea of installing a custom ROM also. I have an Exynos Samsung S7 (SM-G930F).

One of the big features I use on my*phone*is the camera and from my reading so far I see that some of the custom ROMS do not utilise the camera hardware properly (AOSP or LOS based ROMS) and as such you end up with a lower quality camera than stock.*

Are there ROMS out there which still use the stock camera ? Are they easily identifiable from the list of ROMS in the ROMS section?*

Any guidance towards a stable ROM which still utilises the camera the same as the stock ROM would be much appreciated.*

Many thanks in advance.
Jimmy
7th February 2018, 02:35 PM |#2  
Flag San Diego
Thanks Meter: 91

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmymcma

Good morning. I am considering rooting my*phone*to enable me to get round the WhatsApp limitation of the incoming and outgoing media files filling up my internal memory. I am planning to use link2sd once rooted.

I am contemplating the idea of installing a custom ROM also. I have an Exynos Samsung S7 (SM-G930F).

One of the big features I use on my*phone*is the camera and from my reading so far I see that some of the custom ROMS do not utilise the camera hardware properly (AOSP or LOS based ROMS) and as such you end up with a lower quality camera than stock.*

Are there ROMS out there which still use the stock camera ? Are they easily identifiable from the list of ROMS in the ROMS section?*

Any guidance towards a stable ROM which still utilises the camera the same as the stock ROM would be much appreciated.*

Many thanks in advance.
Jimmy

Hi @Jimmymcma,
All the custom ROMs out there that are not Touchwiz-based don't use the stock camera (and the stock camera can't be installed on them). So, by using ROMs such as Lineage OS, Resurrection Remix OS, crDroid, AOSP and so on, you will get lower quality than on Touchwiz-based ROMs such as SuperMan-ROM, BatMan-ROM, IronMan-ROM.
I would recommend using SuperMan-ROM, which is very stable, as good battery life and affords many additional features. It is very good ROM known by almost all the s7 owners here.
The camera is the same as stock. But if you want to push it a bit further, you can use this great app: https://forum.xda-developers.com/gal...rates-t3439176. It will give he ability to increase bitrate, video fps, jpeg quality for images, custom shutter speed in pro mode etc...
The Following User Says Thank You to cgirerd For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cgirerd Ad-Free
7th February 2018, 02:49 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgirerd

Hi @Jimmymcma,
All the custom ROMs out there that are not Touchwiz-based don't use the stock camera (and the stock camera can't be installed on them). So, by using ROMs such as Lineage OS, Resurrection Remix OS, crDroid, AOSP and so on, you will get lower quality than on Touchwiz-based ROMs such as SuperMan-ROM, BatMan-ROM, IronMan-ROM.
I would recommend using SuperMan-ROM, which is very stable, as good battery life and affords many additional features. It is very good ROM known by almost all the s7 owners here.
The camera is the same as stock. But if you want to push it a bit further, you can use this great app: https://forum.xda-developers.com/gal...rates-t3439176. It will give he ability to increase bitrate, video fps, jpeg quality for images, custom shutter speed in pro mode etc...

Hi cgirerd,
Thank you very much for the comprehensive response. Much appreciated. I think I will try the Superman ROM you suggested.

Thanks again mate
7th February 2018, 07:54 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
The other thing you can do is enable adoptable storage with a fast SD card. This will allow you to combine internal and external storage together and will be used as one total pool.
11th September 2018, 09:50 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Hi,
as I wrote in https://forum.xda-developers.com/gal...9#post77588759
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickma

tried to install the stock camera and it strongly depends on proprietary samsung features.

First thing failing is a missing com.samsung.android.util.SemLog library. I injected a SemLog Mockup just do observe that there are other (possibly a lot more) shared library dependencies.
If anyone is interested in developing this thing together; Feel free to contact me.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)