FORUMS

Error installing No-Verity-Opt-Encrypt.zip

2 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By CidHighwind, Junior Member on 10th August 2016, 04:16 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Device: Samsung Galaxy S7 SM-G930W8
TWRP Version: 3.0.2-2

Tried downloading the file to get around the DM-verity boot loop linked in the guide a couple times thinking it may have got corrupt downloading or transferring however nothing has changed.

flashing with TWRP worked fine, and for the sake of curiosity if maybe it was just having an issue with .zips and i should re-flash,
i attempted to install the SU file also linked in the guide linked below. however that was successful.
i have not attempted to fully re-start the phone as its been ages since i last owned, and rooted an android device. so I'm un-sure if the DM-Verity thing will lock me out of getting back into TWRP or not.

This is as far as it gets when attempting to install the .zip to fix DM-verity
-dumping & unpacking original boot image…
-Error: unpacking boot image failed
-Aborting…
Failed to patch boot image!
Updater process ended with ERROR: 1
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...rolte-t3333770
The Following User Says Thank You to CidHighwind For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift CidHighwind Ad-Free
10th August 2016, 06:20 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
I have the EXACT same error, I followed the steps and I'm not new at all to rooting Samsung devices.

I believe the error is that they tell you to flash SuperSU first, on my girlfriends' s6 this wasn't necessary.

I have wiped data and factory reset, reflashed TWRP etc etc etc, I can't get this dm-verity to flash! I rebooted into system and everything seems to work OK though, I just installed the XPosed framework and it's booting again now so I believe that maybe because you first flashed the SuperSU this prevents the dm-verity stuff to work?

Anyone else have any idea?
10th August 2016, 10:56 PM |#3  
Flag Palermo
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CidHighwind

Device: Samsung Galaxy S7 SM-G930W8
TWRP Version: 3.0.2-2

Tried downloading the file to get around the DM-verity boot loop linked in the guide a couple times thinking it may have got corrupt downloading or transferring however nothing has changed.

flashing with TWRP worked fine, and for the sake of curiosity if maybe it was just having an issue with .zips and i should re-flash,
i attempted to install the SU file also linked in the guide linked below. however that was successful.
i have not attempted to fully re-start the phone as its been ages since i last owned, and rooted an android device. so I'm un-sure if the DM-Verity thing will lock me out of getting back into TWRP or not.

This is as far as it gets when attempting to install the .zip to fix DM-verity
-dumping & unpacking original boot image…
-Error: unpacking boot image failed
-Aborting…
Failed to patch boot image!
Updater process ended with ERROR: 1
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...rolte-t3333770

Guys i had the same problem, then i searched on youtube for some help and i found this site where to download the zip file...it worked for me !!!
http://downloadandroidrom.com/file/t...pt-encrypt.zip
Hope it helps
The Following User Says Thank You to seccakrown For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift seccakrown Ad-Free
11th August 2016, 05:59 AM |#4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I can't seem to find where you download anything on that page. every link just re-directs you to a bunch of spam.
11th August 2016, 08:48 AM |#5  

More
Quote:

I can't seem to find where you download anything on that page. every link just re-directs you to a bunch of spam.

Scroll all the way down to "CLICK HERE to Download"

I downloaded this dm-verity zip and noticed it's about 100kb smaller than the one I got yesterday. Up until now my S7 has been working flawless even without this dm-verity zip. On my S6 this was absolutely necessary.. Can anyone comment on this?

I will probably try to flash this later today after I took a backup.
11th August 2016, 11:39 AM |#6  
Flag Palermo

More
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobyBE

Scroll all the way down to "CLICK HERE to Download"

I downloaded this dm-verity zip and noticed it's about 100kb smaller than the one I got yesterday. Up until now my S7 has been working flawless even without this dm-verity zip. On my S6 this was absolutely necessary.. Can anyone comment on this?

I will probably try to flash this later today after I took a backup.

Exactly
It opens a new page couple of times and then the dwl starts...

Sent from my herolte using XDA Labs
11th August 2016, 12:03 PM |#7  

More
Flashing this new zip worked flawlessly, booted immediately. However now I'm seeing the "Kernel is not SEAndroid Enforcing" message on top. I didn't have this before flashing this even though I was rooted (Stock rom) and had TWRP installed
11th August 2016, 06:04 PM |#8  
Flag Palermo

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CobyBE

Flashing this new zip worked flawlessly, booted immediately. However now I'm seeing the "Kernel is not SEAndroid Enforcing" message on top. I didn't have this before flashing this even though I was rooted (Stock rom) and had TWRP installed

For me it was the same but looks like it's the only way to have a "working" rooted phone...when i rooted with cf-autoroot i couldn't flash the Roms because i couldn't have access to memory and wipe after flashing...like this you have the red string but you can wipe

Sent from my herolte using XDA Labs
The Following User Says Thank You to seccakrown For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift seccakrown Ad-Free
31st January 2017, 06:57 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 51

More
Anyone have the download somewhere?
I went to the page post here but it just opens a window to "mirror31.downloadandroidrom.com/download/tools/SuperSU/no-verity-opt-encrypt.zip?token=640936718"
then just goes to a page that says ":An error occurred.
Sorry, the page you are looking for is currently unavailable.
Please try again later.
If you are the system administrator of this resource then you should check the error log for details.
Faithfully yours, nginx."
I've been trying for a couple hours to download it.

So right now I have a phone that I can't use, really need to fix this.
22nd July 2019, 11:52 AM |#10  
Flag London

More
Updated zip
Ok guys, I've been working on a better zip that fixes the "Kernel is not SE Android enforcing" and also doesn't disable Force Encrypt. My reasoning is that it can interfere with "fully encrypting the phone" functionality which is required by some companies when registering your email. Anyway, if you wish to bring it back, just copy over 01-opt-encrypt and put it in patch.d folder.
Attached Files
File Type: zip no-verity-withSE.zip - [Click for QR Code] (418.7 KB, 364 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to alexceltare2 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift alexceltare2 Ad-Free
11th August 2019, 10:12 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 41

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexceltare2

Ok guys, I've been working on a better zip that fixes the "Kernel is not SE Android enforcing" and also doesn't disable Force Encrypt. My reasoning is that it can interfere with "fully encrypting the phone" functionality which is required by some companies when registering your email. Anyway, if you wish to bring it back, just copy over 01-opt-encrypt and put it in patch.d folder.

Found this when i was searching for DM-Verity disabler for my Redmi Note 7 pro with Stock MIUI ROM, just wondering if this will also works on Redmi Note 7 pro (encrypted, android 9).

Tks.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)