Firmware files - what are the AP, BL, files for?

Search This thread
So I downloaded the latest XSA update which came out yesterday on SamMobile, and flashed all four files - only to find that my phone had been wiped, including my /data partition :'(
So my question is - what are the four categories of files to flash in Odin (AP, BL, CSC, HOME)? And which one is responsible for me losing my data?

If you flash CSC will wipe your data. If you flash CSC_HOME will not wipe your data.

AP: is your system partition with recovery and stuff.
BL: your bootloader
CP: your modem
CSC: this is what features you get in some countries or carriers like Wi-Fi Calling.
Thanks for that. So can I flash the CSC file under CSC_HOME?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

henklbr

Feb 20, 2009
Netherlands
www.sammobile.com
And if the CSC is the same, I can just omit this file?

No, you must always flash the 4 files!

If your CSC is XSA:

AP, BL, CP & HOME_CSC_XSA

Then your data will stay intact!

Note: this can only be done if you stay at the same CSC; if you want to change your CSC for any reason, you need to flash CSC-file of the new country/region (that will reset your device)

Re-partition?

Do I have to enable the "RE-PARTITION" option in ODIN when changing CSC?

If your CSC is XSA:

Note: this can only be done if you stay at the same CSC; if you want to change your CSC for any reason, you need to flash CSC-file of the new country/region (that will reset your device)

Just wondering, could it be possible to mix and match?
Example: Flash the AP of T-Mobile and the CP of AT&T? To avoid incompatible band problems

Hi

For what I understand all USA ( Snapdragon) versions are compatible , so that would possible BUT to be sure you should ask in the right forum , this is for the international version Exynos

partcyborg

Recognized Developer
Jun 23, 2017
OnePlus 9 Pro
EVERYONE HAVING PROBLEMS TYPING EXIT

Before typing "setsid su<enter>?, type the following: "alias a='exit'<enter>" and THEN type "setsid su<enter>".

IF you do this, you can exit root shell by just "a<enter>", which is cake easy to do.

eneslikaj

Aug 24, 2017
i made a mistake

1. cancel
i flashed bl instead of ap what should i do know because phone does't work anymore:confused:

stoffar87

Dec 25, 2017
I cant seem to find these firmware files anywhere anymore, can someone help me ? I need For Norway/Europe

*Detection*

Dec 5, 2011
Durham
Reactions: TechBoy-Dexe

BRAVE.DANDY

Mar 24, 2018
BL FAILED

If you flash CSC will wipe your data. If you flash CSC_HOME will not wipe your data.

CSC: this is what features you get in some countries or carriers like Wi-Fi Calling.

Hi

When i try to flash all 4 files together, ODIN fails, i unchecked BL and the flash passed, the phone working fine but i have a serious problem, my phone is French and i flashed Argentina region, now i lost IMEI and Baseband, please help. My phone is ( SM-G930F)

Note: 1. the S/N and IMEI is written on the box
2. I don't know anything about my previous CSC code and i have no idea which firmware was actually my original one.

Cholek3

Aug 11, 2010
Sheffield, UK
Hi

When i try to flash all 4 files together, ODIN fails, i unchecked BL and the flash passed, the phone working fine but i have a serious problem, my phone is French and i flashed Argentina region, now i lost IMEI and Baseband, please help. My phone is ( SM-G930F)

2. I don't know anything about my previous CSC code and i have no idea which firmware was actually my original one.
Download XEF firmware for your phone, and flash all 4 files (BL, CP, AP and CSC). It should go back to normal state.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

And if the CSC is the same, I can just omit this file?

If your CSC is XSA:

So I downloaded the latest XSA update which came out yesterday on SamMobile, and flashed all four files - only to find that my phone had been wiped, including my /data partition :'(
    So my question is - what are the four categories of files to flash in Odin (AP, BL, CSC, HOME)? And which one is responsible for me losing my data?
    Hi

Download XEF firmware for your phone, and flash all 4 files (BL, CP, AP and CSC). It should go back to normal state.
    Yes. In the CSC slot you put the HOME_CSC file

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk