FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Galaxy S7 Dual SIM (SM-G930FD) Tethering SIM 2

581 posts
Thanks Meter: 163

By Darkstriker, Senior Member on 29th June 2016, 12:20 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi guys,
I bought my G930FD about a month ago and I have started running into a rather annoying problem:
it seems that tethering only works if SIM1 is use for the data connection. If one attempts to use SIM2 for data and then tether (regardless if one uses WiFi, Bluetooth or USB), the connected PC is unable to use the internet connection. I tried several ROMs (including unadulterated G930FD stock) and SIM-cards (Vodafone NL, Base DE and NTT Docomo JP). Nothing seems to help, so I am now asking you guys. Is there anybody who has any idea how to fix this? I recon the trouble lies somewhere in the tether settings that doesn't get properly switched to SIM2 data. So any help would be greatly appreciated.

1st July 2016, 10:01 PM |#2  
Flag DC
Thanks Meter: 444

More
What if you're on SIM 2 but turn data off for SIM 1? (or turn off SIM 1 completely)
1st July 2016, 11:49 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I'm experiencing the same problem. On a dual sim S7 edge and when tethering the connected system just can't get on the internet. Also switching the sims to other slots doesn't seem to work. The strange thing is that tethering does work on one of the sims but only when roaming...
19th March 2017, 03:45 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Same problem! Any solution?
Sorry to ressurect this thread, but I just bought a J7 dual-sim and am having the same problem (hotspot working only with the SIM that is roaming, but never with the non-roaming SIM). Did anyone find a solution? This is extremely annoying, if it cannot be fixed the J7 is clearly very poorly made.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)