Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

LED notifications after Nougat 7.0 update

25 posts
Thanks Meter: 9

By drokr, Junior Member on 10th February 2017, 08:15 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
After this update my led notifications stopped working.
Only fixed whatsapp notifications by turning it OFF and then ON in the application, but the groups notification LED doesn't work if the group was silenced (leaving the notification box checked). Then, if I disable the silence, LED for groups works again. But I only want LED for groups, I don't want sound.

I try to turn off all apps notifications and the turn ON in android settings but nothing.
Also disable notification LED in android settings and still the same.

My compilation is:
NRD90M.G30FXXU1DQAS

Everything works fine, but I hate the new notifications system on Nougat.

Any with the same problems?

Thanks and sorry for my bad english.

10th February 2017, 08:16 PM |#2  
Flag Ukljeva
Thanks Meter: 589

More
Would like to see solution to this, my friend is also experiencing this
15th February 2017, 02:49 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by drokr

Only fixed whatsapp notifications by turning it OFF and then ON in the application, but the groups notification LED doesn't work if the group was silenced (leaving the notification box checked). Then, if I disable the silence, LED for groups works again. But I only want LED for groups, I don't want sound.

I try to turn off all apps notifications and the turn ON in android settings but nothing.

My compilation is:
NRD90M.G30FXXU1DQAS

go to settings in whatsapp.
select notifications.
scroll down to group notifications, select 'silent' in 'notification tone', and select white(or any colour you like) in 'Light'
The Following User Says Thank You to vikasn95 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vikasn95 Ad-Free
1st March 2017, 04:52 PM |#4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vikasn95

go to settings in whatsapp.
select notifications.
scroll down to group notifications, select 'silent' in 'notification tone', and select white(or any colour you like) in 'Light'

I tried this but dont' work. No led notification.
It seems that the led depends on the sound notifications.
Thanks anyway.
4th March 2017, 11:35 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Well! This one is new for me. To be honest i did not found this problem which you discuss here. I like to come here to know the nature of problem and its possible solution.
13th March 2017, 03:17 PM |#6  

More
Guys my s7 flip led cover stop work after updating to nougat i can acess the acessories settings but no luck.. no clock or notifications what so ever..
14th March 2017, 12:03 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:

My compilation is:
NRD90M.G30FXXU1DQAS

Yes have the same problem with gmail, download silent sound 1 sec mp3 http://www.jetcityorange.com/silent-ringtone/
and put it in notifikation sound under storage/emulated/0/notifikation and set that sound in gmail app and the blue led will work again with no sound

autokat
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to autokat For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift autokat Ad-Free
16th March 2017, 07:46 PM |#8  

More
As long as sound is on then you will get the LED notification light. If the phone is in vibrate or silent, you wont.

---------- Post added at 06:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:41 PM ----------

Quote:

My compilation is:
NRD90M.G30FXXU1DQAS

LED notification will work as long as the sound is turned on. If the phone is in vibrate or silent you wont get the LED notification. Stupid, I know.
28th March 2017, 06:15 AM |#9  

More
This is not exactly true. I have my phone in silent mode and vibrate mode and the led indicators works just fine. But my girlfriends phone the led won't work at all except with sound on.
29th March 2017, 09:42 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
I join the discussion because I get the same problem, bu I'm using Go SMS pro. Missed calls worked fine, but in go sms, just the screen goes on and no LED in slience or sound mode ...
Wath to do ? I tried to place my notification sound into notifications folder, but without more success.

[EDIT] Flashed the lastest BL and CP and the v2.4.1 and everything (I only tested GO sms) seems to work !
[EDIT 2] LED does not work when sound off
14th April 2017, 06:26 PM |#11  

More
same here
just updated my Samsung Note 5 to nougat and the LED notification do not work when the phone is set to vibrate only or silent... the led notifications only work when sound it on.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
led notification group whatsapp nougat

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)