FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Photo quality on LineageOS

12 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By Dem_Fridge, Junior Member on 1st March 2018, 07:07 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Could somebody with the Nougat/Oreo LineageOs build installed some example photos taken by the camera. I'm just really curious about it, cause I heard it's bad or not as good as on the stock rom(yeah of this I'm pretty sure but still) and i cannot find some anywhere

2nd March 2018, 01:32 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 79

More
Yea it's cos the TouchWiz ROM has camera frameworks that are built into the ROM and can't be ported to AOSP.
There's some comparisons from the HTC camera port thread which is what most people recommend to use on S7 AOSP ROM's
https://forum.xda-developers.com/gal...amera-t3574480
Not sure if it'd work but you could try installing the HTC camera while still on TW and compare with the stock camera.
2nd March 2018, 01:32 AM |#3  

More
Yea it's cos the TouchWiz ROM has camera frameworks that are built into the ROM and can't be ported to AOSP.
There's some comparisons from the HTC camera port thread which is what most people recommend to use on S7 AOSP ROM's
https://forum.xda-developers.com/gal...amera-t3574480
Not sure if it'd work but you could try installing the HTC camera while still on TW and compare with the stock camera.
2nd March 2018, 01:57 PM |#4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanvee7

Well I managed to install the HTC camera app. Well I don't see much of a difference when it comes to simple photos, except that light focusing on HTC app does not seem to work. Though I wonder if still HTC camera app is not using the TW framework, is it possible?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0002.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	254.9 KB
ID:	4435315   Click image for larger version

Name:	20180302_145226.jpg
Views:	234
Size:	251.6 KB
ID:	4435316  
3rd March 2018, 04:17 AM |#5  

More
Yea wasn't sure if third party apps benefit from the TW camera API or something.
You could always do a full TWRP backup, flash Lineage, and if the camera sucks just restore your backup.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)