FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
H10 Turbo

S7 and S7 Edge Root

1,059 posts
Thanks Meter: 97

By Kilroy672, Senior Member on 24th February 2016, 03:17 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
How soon do you think it could take someone or anyone to gain root on the S7 or S7Edge? I'm in no hurry but down the road say a month or 2 after the release if there is a root I would like to try. I have a Note 4 and after I root I lost Knox. I wonder if that will happen this time around.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kilroy672 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Kilroy672 Ad-Free

24th February 2016, 06:25 PM |#2  
Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Somewhere in Texas
Thanks Meter: 22,790

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilroy672

How soon do you think it could take someone or anyone to gain root on the S7 or S7Edge? I'm in no hurry but down the road say a month or 2 after the release if there is a root I would like to try. I have a Note 4 and after I root I lost Knox. I wonder if that will happen this time around.

Just as soon as someone injects root into the stock kernel through the ramdisk....
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to The Sickness For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift The Sickness Ad-Free
24th February 2016, 10:54 PM |#3  
Flag Altamont, KS
Thanks Meter: 150

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sickness

Just as soon as someone injects root into the stock kernel through the ramdisk....

So looking forward to that. Now just waiting on that S7 I ordered to ship. Hope to see some Sickness Roms for it soon lol
24th February 2016, 11:19 PM |#4  
Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Somewhere in Texas
Thanks Meter: 22,790

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corwinder

So looking forward to that. Now just waiting on that S7 I ordered to ship. Hope to see some Sickness Roms for it soon lol

Ehhh.....be awhile before I upgrade. I mean I could pay mine off real fast and make the 'ole lady mad as hell.......naw, dont need that kinda drama over a phone lol
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to The Sickness For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift The Sickness Ad-Free
24th February 2016, 11:26 PM |#5  
Flag Altamont, KS
Thanks Meter: 150

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sickness

Ehhh.....be awhile before I upgrade. I mean I could pay mine off real fast and make the 'ole lady mad as hell.......naw, dont need that kinda drama over a phone lol

lol understandable. I'm gonna have to pay mine off real fast so I can turn around and get one for my ole lady. She wanted an S7 as soon as I told her they did away with that cover over the charging port the S5 has.
25th February 2016, 01:58 AM |#6  
Northern Virginia
Thanks Meter: 2,799

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilroy672

It took 2 days for the Note 5 on Tmob. There was some great guys working on it.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to drbveb88 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift drbveb88 Ad-Free
25th February 2016, 05:19 PM |#7  
Flag sacramento
Thanks Meter: 166

Donate to Me
More
Hopefully there will be a full root method that doesn't trip knox. Let's pray on that.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to undercover nerd For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift undercover nerd Ad-Free
25th February 2016, 08:22 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 39

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by undercover nerd

Hopefully there will be a full root method that doesn't trip knox. Let's pray on that.

fingers crossed for this!! S7 W/ Root & Samsung Pay = PERFECTION
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to stanfna For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift stanfna Ad-Free
25th February 2016, 08:59 PM |#9  
Flag Porto Alegre
Thanks Meter: 1,920

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by undercover nerd

https://twitter.com/arter97_dev/stat...90566733586432
https://twitter.com/arter97_dev/stat...90587327569920
https://twitter.com/arter97_dev/stat...90602548719617
https://twitter.com/arter97_dev/stat...90883294416898

I guess the same applies for the GS7.
28th February 2016, 04:38 AM |#10  
Flag Manteca
Thanks Meter: 30

More
I would just like root to remove some of the bloat. I have heard that they didn't mess with the OS as much as they have in the past. I would like to be able to use Samsung/android pay, also be nice if someone could enable the adaptable storage of Marshmallow, can't believe they disabled that.
The Following User Says Thank You to happimeal For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift happimeal Ad-Free
28th February 2016, 11:43 AM |#11  
Flag England
Thanks Meter: 1,201

More
It does. Make no mistake, root on the S7 = tripping Knox. Personally, this doesn't bother me, but if people are buying this phone hoping they can have root and maintain the Knox flag, especially those in territories that support Samsung Pay, they will be disappointed.
The Following User Says Thank You to Beefheart For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Beefheart Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)