FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Stock Keyboard issues with Nougat

2 posts
Thanks Meter: 1
 
By Mourmansk, Junior Member on 16th February 2017, 06:15 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello,
Nougat update on S7 has completely f**** up my stock keyboard.

With Marshmallow:
I was able to type at high speed with relevant bilingual autocorrection whatever language (french/english) was set on the keyboard.

The return key was allowing me to cancel the auto correction by leaving the typed words.

With Nougat:
No bilingual autocorrect, I have to select the right language anytime I am switching fomr english to french otherwise the keyboard corrects everything into the language set on with the space bar key.

I tried to use Swiftkeyboard but not a big fan of it since question marks is not accessible straight (have to long press the . key) + the numeric pad is awful, tiny and showing plenty of symbol (when it comes to enter only digits) and the € key is sent to page 3 of the keyboard which is annoying for euro countries and there is no .com key neither."

Even if it does bilingual autocorrection and there's plenty of customization capabilities, all mentioned above cannot be changed.

Is there anyway to get back to the well performing stock keyboard without root ?

Thank you
The Following User Says Thank You to Mourmansk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Mourmansk Ad-Free
 
 
16th February 2017, 07:58 PM |#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
This happened to me as well. Unfortunately, I still haven't found a fix for that. Deleting the app data/cache for the appropriate apps didn't help. So anyone else any idea?
16th February 2017, 09:33 PM |#3  
Member
Thanks Meter: 11
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by siracacl

This happened to me as well. Unfortunately, I still haven't found a fix for that. Deleting the app data/cache for the appropriate apps didn't help. So anyone else any idea?

I'm using G Board now, I also thought that the stock nougat KB wasn't that good.
16th February 2017, 09:37 PM |#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCBRR1

I'm using G Board now, I also thought that the stock nougat KB wasn't that good.

I know there are many great alternatives, but not fulfilling all my requirements.
For example, I need Umlauts on my keyboard and a number row.
16th February 2017, 09:43 PM |#5  
Member
Thanks Meter: 11
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by siracacl

I know there are many great alternatives, but not fulfilling all my requirements.
For example, I need Umlauts on my keyboard and a number row.

I don't know what Umlauts is, G board has a dedicated number row though.
16th February 2017, 09:44 PM |#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCBRR1

I don't know what Umlauts is, G board has a dedicated number row though.

Umlauts: ä, ö, ü
(I know you can achieve these by long tapping the letter but I want it right on the keyboard.)
17th February 2017, 12:03 PM |#7  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
It doesn't even learn your typing from your other app like fb or email..

Stock Marshmallow keyboard was way more customizable i.e offensive words/learn from other apps...
20th February 2017, 04:51 PM |#8  
Member
Thanks Meter: 21
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mourmansk

Hello,
Nougat update on S7 has completely f**** up my stock keyboard.

With Marshmallow:
I was able to type at high speed with relevant bilingual autocorrection whatever language (french/english) was set on the keyboard.

The return key was allowing me to cancel the auto correction by leaving the typed words.

With Nougat:
No bilingual autocorrect, I have to select the right language anytime I am switching fomr english to french otherwise the keyboard corrects everything into the language set on with the space bar key.

I tried to use Swiftkeyboard but not a big fan of it since question marks is not accessible straight (have to long press the . key) + the numeric pad is awful, tiny and showing plenty of symbol (when it comes to enter only digits) and the € key is sent to page 3 of the keyboard which is annoying for euro countries and there is no .com key neither."

Even if it does bilingual autocorrection and there's plenty of customization capabilities, all mentioned above cannot be changed.

Is there anyway to get back to the well performing stock keyboard without root ?

Thank you

Hi guys! Same for me! I use 2 languages and the autocorrect is a pain. Maybe Samsung had a 3rd party work on The Marshmallow keyboard and now the contract is over? They really ****ed up big time!
21st February 2017, 12:01 AM |#9  
vinnyjr's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Boston
Thanks Meter: 65
 
More
I cant add short cuts to my stock keyboard. To type my name i eould type vcl and my entire long ass name pops up. I cant figure it out. HELP PLEASE, Vinny

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
1st March 2017, 06:05 PM |#10  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Same thing for me, I usually can change the language when SMS'ing between English and Vietnamese. Now I no longer have that choice and don't know how to fix it either.
A lot of other issues:
+ When using Waze for navigation, when I make a phone call after 15' or 30' the screen will return back to Waze, but it's not
+ The quality of sound for both phone talking and music listening is bad (interference noise), and the volume at max level is much lower
+ Very slow to launch new applications
+ Some no response to touch screen.

Tuan
3rd March 2017, 04:38 AM |#11  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
I had my phone trained before to understand French, Italian, and Dutch in addition to my default English. Now, a Dutch keyboard (and ergo dictionary) are not even a choice. There's only seven languages to choose from!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes