FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Canadian S7/S7 Edge thread!

3,250 posts
Thanks Meter: 862

By Brava27, Senior Member on 26th February 2016, 03:14 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Release date Friday March 11th countrywide for all Canadian carriers. Bell, Rogers, Telus, Wind and Videotron confirmed.
I have pre-ordered my S7 edge black onyx for bell.
Anyone else pre-order yet?
Model information:
Exynos chipset confirmed.
S7 G930W8
S7 Edge G935W8
The Following User Says Thank You to Brava27 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Brava27 Ad-Free
26th February 2016, 01:13 PM |#2  
Flag Gatineau
Thanks Meter: 78

More
The only reason I'm not getting the s7 is because the Canadian version is only exynos and does not work for me because I root and change roms.
26th February 2016, 02:06 PM |#3  
Flag Hamilton
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitramus

The only reason I'm not getting the s7 is because the Canadian version is only exynos and does not work for me because I root and change roms.

I ordered mine from Best Buy. Black S7 Edge (really wanted the grey tho). Ya, I was reading about the exynos chip. The only thing that interests me is xposed, do you guys think that we would have that at least? I hate the advertising on youtube. I believe it will be fast enough for me not to want any roms (cross fingers).
I still not fully decided tho, I got a Note 4 and works fine but always attracted to new shinny tech
26th February 2016, 03:32 PM |#4  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 190

More
I ordered from Samsung. I went to Bell first but they wouldn't let me order because I wasn't about to sign a contract. Good thing, promo with Samsung is way better, and I get it unlocked.

I don't like the chip either, rather have the 820, but I had a S5 with a Snapdragon and I couldn't find a good ROM with that. I'm going to try this S7 with the stock ROM. I figure with Nova + Icon pack + Material design theme will make TouchWiz mostly a non-issue. And any bloatware I can't uninstall, or disable I figure I can just take away all permissions and hide from the homescreen and app drawer.
The Following User Says Thank You to wifesabitch For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift wifesabitch Ad-Free
26th February 2016, 04:59 PM |#5  
Flag Gatineau
Thanks Meter: 78

More
I could live with root only and keep stock rom but I NEED viper for Android and if I'm not mistaken v4a does not work on exynos, I could be wrong...
26th February 2016, 05:18 PM |#6  
Flag Hamilton

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wifesabitch

I ordered from Samsung. I went to Bell first but they wouldn't let me order because I wasn't about to sign a contract. Good thing, promo with Samsung is way better, and I get it unlocked.

I don't like the chip either, rather have the 820, but I had a S5 with a Snapdragon and I couldn't find a good ROM with that. I'm going to try this S7 with the stock ROM. I figure with Nova + Icon pack + Material design theme will make TouchWiz mostly a non-issue. And any bloatware I can't uninstall, or disable I figure I can just take away all permissions and hide from the homescreen and app drawer.

you mean samsung.ca??? what option did you select for carrier? If i select Rogers it takes me to the Rogers site. Or do you mean you got an international version unlocked??? how.. me interested since apparently Samsung has figured out to permanently locked the carrier to the phone. Basically the first sim (carrier) is loaded to the phone will be permanently locked.
26th February 2016, 06:04 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Toronto

More
I am with ya man. I had the s6 and note 5 and both run exynos7420. Viper4android worked perfectly.

Sent from my Blackberry Torch
26th February 2016, 06:09 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Toronto

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitramus

The only snapdragon versions are being sold in USA and China. You think no development for exynos for the rest of the world?
I had the s6 and note 5 and development for both were excellent.
26th February 2016, 06:29 PM |#9  
Flag Vancouver, BC
Thanks Meter: 3

Donate to Me
More
Pre-ordered mine at Wind, I'm pretty excited. I'm also happy that we get the Exynos version as it will make for greater commonality/compatibility with the rest of the world. I'm hoping it'll make for faster updates?
26th February 2016, 06:49 PM |#10  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 190

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ISperfection

you mean samsung.ca??? what option did you select for carrier? If i select Rogers it takes me to the Rogers site. Or do you mean you got an international version unlocked??? how.. me interested since apparently Samsung has figured out to permanently locked the carrier to the phone. Basically the first sim (carrier) is loaded to the phone will be permanently locked.

Samsung retail store at Sherway Gardens in Toronto. You don't have to pick a carrier there. Don't think you can order it online.

They sales rep said it will lock when you put your SIM in, but they provide you with an unlock code. You also get the VR and a 128GB microSD card, that's a better promo than anyone else has.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wifesabitch For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift wifesabitch Ad-Free
26th February 2016, 07:06 PM |#11  
Flag Hamilton

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wifesabitch

Samsung retail store at Sherway Gardens in Toronto. You don't have to pick a carrier there. Don't think you can order it online.

They sales rep said it will lock when you put your SIM in, but they provide you with an unlock code. You also get the VR and a 128GB microSD card, that's a better promo than anyone else has.

wow, that is awesome plus a great bonus bonus extra! I am going there tonite and cancelling my Best Buy one!!! so global (i am assuming international) is the SM-G935F, is that what you ordered? (I will confirm tonite). I hope We get to chose colors rather than just black. Thanks!!!

Ya, also if everyone is getting exynos (except our friends and US and China), I would guess support will be improved. Now i am pumped.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)