Gear S3 + AOSP/LOS - Roms
Since i've owned a Galaxy Gear S3 Frontier, i'm always looking for a way to get my Watch working with AOSP/LOS (based) Roms.
Thanks to a few Guys and Seals out there, i've got myself a working Gear S3 Frontier with LOS 15.1
First of all:
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this Guide * before doing this! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
For me its working and it seems for a few other guys too.
- build.prop Editor (a Root File Explorer with integrated Editor or extra App)
- Files from this Thread
Make Backup of these Files:
Reset your Gear to connect it later to the Rom
if you have LOS/AOSP Rom already installed open these files in build.prop-Editor:
/system/build.prop - change these values:
and save the file!
/system/vendor/build.prop - change these values:
and save the file!
Download and install the apk's from this Link: One Drive - needed apk's
Now you are good to go!
The Galaxy Gear App will automaticly update through Playstore and is still working (tested).
Bugs / Site Notes:
- Sometimes The Watch recognizes the notification but the vibration is missing. It's a bug that can't be fixed.
- Since there is no working Galaxy Store/Apps, the Store and the Login looking like a browser, but its fully working (tested).
- I tested this only with LOS 15.1 feel free to test it on other AOSP/LOS-based Roms.
"vit sel" for the apk's and help
@Ivan_Meler for helping me with build.prop changes and bringing us the awesomness of Lineage OS Oreo + Pie
if i forgot someone, i'm sorry
Please keep this Thread clean from bashing, use search if you have a question and HAVE FUN