FORUMS

Sailfish OS for the Samsung Galaxy S7

27 posts
Thanks Meter: 33

By lSDriim, Junior Member on 6th February 2018, 12:24 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I doesn't have enougth rigth to post to roms, so will post here.

WARNING! Everything you do, you do at your own peril and risk. I do not bear any responsibility for your faulty devices.
Knox will tick. ROM in alpha and not suitable for every day use.

Installation instructions:
1. Install TWRP
2. Reboot in TWRP (Menu unlock phone - Recovery)
3. Wipe -> Format Data -> write - yes -> Enter
4. adb push <LineageOS> /sdcard
5. adb push <SailfishOS> /sdcard
6. Into TWRP: Install <LineageOS>
7. Into TWRP: Install <SailfishOS>
8. Into TWRP: Install <Audio FIX>
9. Reboot in System
Enjoy!

Sailfish OS Android HAL based on Lineage OS 14.1.

Downloads:
TWRP for herolte
Lineage OS 14.1 for herolte
Sailfish OS 2.1.4.14 for herolte
Sailfish Galaxy S7 audio fix(based on work of painted.man)

Sources:
https://github.com/Driim
Build guide can be found here.

Problems:
1. WLAN worked partially(can't remember network to automatically connect after reboot)
2. Bluetooth not working
3. NFC not working
4. Fingerprint not working (Sailfish problem)

Debug:
In Ubuntu. Connect USB cable. telnet 192.168.2.15 2323 or ssh.

Changelog:
Update to Sailfish OS 2.1.4.14
GSM calls fix
Working mobile data and sms.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mob.jpg
Views:	7750
Size:	233.1 KB
ID:	4411276   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo_2018-02-12_10-24-28.jpg
Views:	7274
Size:	50.7 KB
ID:	4417337   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo_2018-02-12_10-24-22.jpg
Views:	7274
Size:	56.7 KB
ID:	4417338  
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to lSDriim For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lSDriim Ad-Free
7th February 2018, 10:12 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 28

More
Great for a start! Have you tried flashing only the Sailfish ROM to see if it works without having to flash LineageOS?
7th February 2018, 10:20 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyanogenLover

Great for a start! Have you tried flashing only the Sailfish ROM to see if it works without having to flash LineageOS?

It's pointless, the Sailfish OS uses Lineage OS HAL layer to work with hardware, without Lineage OS it won't start.
The Following User Says Thank You to lSDriim For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lSDriim Ad-Free
7th February 2018, 09:24 PM |#4  
Flag Dublin
Thanks Meter: 841

Donate to Me
More
Tried this. First off amazing job. I was trying to install Android apps but cant find android support on app store
8th February 2018, 06:46 AM |#5  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dylanneve1

Tried this. First off amazing job. I was trying to install Android apps but cant find android support on app store

I'm focused on hardware support. Android applications did not even look.
The Following User Says Thank You to lSDriim For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lSDriim Ad-Free
8th February 2018, 07:38 AM |#6  
Flag Dublin
Thanks Meter: 841

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lSDriim

I'm focused on hardware support. Android applications did not even look.

Yeah you're right.
11th February 2018, 10:39 PM |#7  

More
Quote:

It's pointless, the Sailfish OS uses Lineage OS HAL layer to work with hardware, without Lineage OS it won't start.

Then you need to extract the components that make up the HAL layer. If you don't know how to do this, you could try asking around XDA or doing some web searching, but I'm afraid that I can't help you by actually doing it; I can only provide suggestions. However, since I'm quite interested, I'll stay subscribed to your post here.

---------- Post added at 04:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:34 PM ----------

Please provide more screenshots!
12th February 2018, 07:20 AM |#8  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:

Then you need to extract the components that make up the HAL layer. If you don't know how to do this, you could try asking around XDA or doing some web searching, but I'm afraid that I can't help you by actually doing it; I can only provide suggestions. However, since I'm quite interested, I'll stay subscribed to your post here.

---------- Post added at 04:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:34 PM ----------

Please provide more screenshots!

I think you do not quite understand. I already extracted them and just wrote the version from which I extracted. So there are no Lineage OS on phone, only Sailfish OS and HAL components from Lineage OS 14.1(only proprietary components).

I update release and add new screenshots.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lSDriim For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lSDriim Ad-Free
12th February 2018, 10:43 AM |#9  

More
Quote:

I think you do not quite understand. I already extracted them and just wrote the version from which I extracted. So there are no Lineage OS on phone, only Sailfish OS and HAL components from Lineage OS 14.1(only proprietary components).

Thanks for clearing that up. You probably should figure out how to merge the two packages together, so we don't have to flash two separate packages, one before the other. Also, see what you can find out about the remaining problems. Try to get other developers involved. Also, you can always Google, Yahoo, Bing, DuckDuckGo, Yandex, etc. anything you need help with. I find most solutions on the net.
The Following User Says Thank You to CyanogenLover For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift CyanogenLover Ad-Free
12th February 2018, 02:54 PM |#10  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:

Thanks for clearing that up. You probably should figure out how to merge the two packages together, so we don't have to flash two separate packages, one before the other. Also, see what you can find out about the remaining problems. Try to get other developers involved. Also, you can always Google, Yahoo, Bing, DuckDuckGo, Yandex, etc. anything you need help with. I find most solutions on the net.

Merging of two packets, it's question for Sailfish OS developers, because it's the only way to install Sailfish.

Some people work on solving problems, I also asked about this problems on sailfish porters irc channel. I write this thread to get other developers involved.
14th February 2018, 05:36 AM |#11  

More
Quote:

Merging of two packets, it's question for Sailfish OS developers, because it's the only way to install Sailfish.

Some people work on solving problems, I also asked about this problems on sailfish porters irc channel. I write this thread to get other developers involved.

Aren't you a developer?!? Just because you aren't an employee at Jolla doesn't mean you're not developing Sailfish! After all, isn't it opensource?

Admittedly though, I'm a novice too when it comes to developing OSes, however I'm still studying more programming languages. I'm interested in Java, Python, and C++, which may help in diagnosing problems with your build. As for actually applying it, I don't know how I could test it without messing up my S7 Edge.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)