FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Updato - largest online firmware archive, fast and totally free

7 posts
Thanks Meter: 2

By updato-team, Junior Member on 7th July 2016, 07:37 PM
Post Reply Email Thread

fw.updato.com lets you download any firmware for your Samsung device, completely free with no download speed restrictions.
Visit the website - fw.updato.com
Download the Android app

Please note that the website is still in beta.
All users are encouraged to post feedback and suggestions in this thread. @peterjitg will gladly answer your questions.
Updato aims to bring you the best experience.

The Following 181 Users Say Thank You to updato-team For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift updato-team Ad-Free
7th July 2016, 07:39 PM |#2  
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 59

More
Hey guys

I hope you enjoy our service. Use it as you would any other search engine. Often times it works best if you search for model number (i.e. SM-A800IZ), rather than device name. Also, here are some advanced search tips to get you started:
  • +"galaxy s7" usa
    • Display all firmwares for the Galaxy S7 and put those with region USA in the top
  • +"sm-t805" -germany
    • Display all firmwares for the Galaxy Tab S except those from Germany
  • +marshmallow +switzerland
    • Display all Marshmallow firmwares from Switzerland

Let us know what you think.
PS: The site is not yet responsive in design (we're working on it)
The Following 27 Users Say Thank You to peterjitg For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift peterjitg Ad-Free
8th July 2016, 12:02 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 62

More
I do not know why there is show nothing when I search SM-G9300
8th July 2016, 06:01 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 29

More
with safari or firefox browser, i hit download button from selected firmware, only try to load the next site but nothing happened..
Edit: it works.
8th July 2016, 09:35 AM |#5  
Flag Seattle

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007zzz

I do not know why there is show nothing when I search SM-G9300

Hm... You're right, this firmware didn't exist... we just added it with the region CHC to the database. If you have any more questions let us know.

---------- Post added at 01:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:34 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonMason

with safari or firefox browser, i hit download button from selected firmware, only try to load the next site but nothing happened..
Edit: it works.

All good? What was the issue?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to peterjitg For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift peterjitg Ad-Free
8th July 2016, 10:19 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 29

More
i have to wait about 3 min and then everything fine, maybe my bad because i can't wait about some min ..sorry..
server prob or what ever, now it works fine when i search any firmware..
big thanks to you..
8th July 2016, 10:21 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 123

More
I think you must use some kind of autocomplete feature. I can not finda anyting when i search with "SM-930F"
8th July 2016, 12:00 PM |#8  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by okanb3

I think you must use some kind of autocomplete feature. I can not finda anyting when i search with "SM-930F"

It's SM-G930F. But I agree, an autocomplete function would be great.
The Following User Says Thank You to Danz207 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Danz207 Ad-Free
8th July 2016, 01:28 PM |#9  
Flag Tandil
Thanks Meter: 296

More
Hey guys! The site looks good but I think that a good thing to add would be "fluid" tables (and structures) because now they don't fit in the phone screen and its impossible to read all the columns of the firmware table. By adding that you're site will be accesible for every phone and not only pc's.

Enviado desde mi SM-G930F mediante Tapatalk
8th July 2016, 05:33 PM |#10  
Flag Seattle

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonMason

i have to wait about 3 min and then everything fine, maybe my bad because i can't wait about some min ..sorry..
server prob or what ever, now it works fine when i search any firmware..
big thanks to you..

Yup, things have been really picking up on our end so we're working right now on strengthening our servers. If there's ever any lag or downtime, it should fade away in the next few days.

---------- Post added at 09:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by okanb3

At the moment, the search requires that you enter the full model number, and if a letter or a number is missing, results can be very different. But I love the idea and we'll definitely look into ways to make our search engine smarter

---------- Post added at 09:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by coto39

Hey guys! The site looks good but I think that a good thing to add would be "fluid" tables (and structures) because now they don't fit in the phone screen and its impossible to read all the columns of the firmware table. By adding that you're site will be accesible for every phone and not only pc's.

Enviado desde mi SM-G930F mediante Tapatalk

Thank you I agree!

We're actually working on the responsive design as well, so that it looks well on mobile devices. Although that might take a few weeks. On the bright side, we'll be releasing our app in the next few days and it's looking great, we're certainly aiming to make mobile experience very pleasant.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to peterjitg For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift peterjitg Ad-Free
9th July 2016, 04:55 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 290

More
Nice website...
Interesting project ... and now here's some constructive criticism, obviously meant in good faith for possible improvements.
Pertains to the website, since I haven't tried the Android app yet.

1. Sometimes downloading seems to be slow / down / overloaded servers, not sure what's the actual cause, but tried it with and without a download manager using Chrome.

2. Firmware availability limitation in SamFirm / Samsung Server seems to be also present here (ex. SM-G930A / G935A unavailable). Suppose not much can be done about it since Samsung is simply not serving it up.

3. Would be helpful to have each file designated as HOME or FACTORY depending on the type of firmware package. Factory version is much more preferred/useful.

Overall a great looking, and informative website.

'tsit for now,
BillA
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
download, firmware

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)