Mod Edit : Thread Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

helikvar

Jan 29, 2015
Hey, can you please do me a huge favor and try it again but this time clear your cache. Also if that doesn't work, try using Chrome browser's Incognito mode and do all the same steps (find your model, select the firmware, hit download). Please let me know if that fixed the issue.

Can you share the download page of the firmware you're not able to download? Thank you for your help, we're looking into this.

https://updato.com/firmware-archive-select-model?record=A58530C32E4711E6815B0CC47A44B7B2
The link to the download page
http://updato.com/hotlinking-not-cool
The link to where I end up after clicking download

zstar69

Dec 16, 2012
This needs to be advertised more man. Sammobile and those sites are jokes.

"Pay us an absurd monthly fee so you can download this firmware one time and never need the account again or download this 1.6GB file at 15kb/sec".

I don't root/update firmware very often so whenever I do I am always a little overwhelmed at all the info and new versions etc and it would have been nice to know about this website right away, it's easy, clean, straight forward and best of all it's fast for free. Thanks, helped me out a lot. You should try and get this stickied on a bigger sub-forum so it gets more attention so sammobile and samsung-firmware and those sites stop making money for being sleezy.

*Detection*

Dec 5, 2011
Durham

"Pay us an absurd monthly fee so you can download this firmware one time and never need the account again or download this 1.6GB file at 15kb/sec".

I don't root/update firmware very often so whenever I do I am always a little overwhelmed at all the info and new versions etc and it would have been nice to know about this website right away, it's easy, clean, straight forward and best of all it's fast for free. Thanks, helped me out a lot. You should try and get this stickied on a bigger sub-forum so it gets more attention so sammobile and samsung-firmware and those sites stop making money for being sleezy.

Check out the Samfirm tool too
https://xdaforums.com/galaxy-tab-s/general/tool-samfirm-samsung-firmware-t2988647

Says depreciated but works fine still

peterjitg

Apr 26, 2016
Seattle
updato.com

This is very helpful, thank you! We're looking into this! It'll be fixed soon.

---------- Post added at 11:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:54 AM ----------

Thank you for the kind words! If you want to help spread the word, help with exposure or be our ambassador, we welcome it! :)

PGHammer

Jul 10, 2015
Accokeek,MD

I've been pointing out updato since the S7 came through here - now that I am the OWNER of the S7, not only am I keeping it stickied for it, I'll keep it in mind for ANY Samsung that relies on stock firmware (Mom's J3 and Tab 4, in addition to my S7). The search mechanism is identical (except for the lack of partitioning that SamMobile relies on) to that of SamMobile - further, because of the lack of partitioning, it's friendly to download-aggregators (such as IDM). Further, updato comes in REALLY handy now that the "slow" download functionality is just plain BROKE on SamMobile (maintenance),, why would I go back even after it's fixed?

peterjitg

Apr 26, 2016
Seattle
updato.com
I've been pointing out updato since the S7 came through here - now that I am the OWNER of the S7, not only am I keeping it stickied for it, I'll keep it in mind for ANY Samsung that relies on stock firmware (Mom's J3 and Tab 4, in addition to my S7). The search mechanism is identical (except for the lack of partitioning that SamMobile relies on) to that of SamMobile - further, because of the lack of partitioning, it's friendly to download-aggregators (such as IDM). Further, updato comes in REALLY handy now that the "slow" download functionality is just plain BROKE on SamMobile (maintenance),, why would I go back even after it's fixed?

Hey, thanks for kind words! We're launching a brand new Updato / firmware search / mobile app next week, with tons of new features, and it's going to be the best thing we've ever put together. I'm really proud of our team!! I hope you'll love it as much as we do!

WTBATERA

Jun 28, 2017
Rom diferente

""Error establishing a database connection""

E quando digita PDA, CSC e PHONE, no Samfirm, ele joga automaticamente a versão atualizada do SO e não a versão que a gente quer baixar manualmente. ;)

billdauterive23

Jun 4, 2017
Moses Lake, Washington
Hey, thanks for kind words! We're launching a brand new Updato / firmware search / mobile app next week, with tons of new features, and it's going to be the best thing we've ever put together. I'm really proud of our team!! I hope you'll love it as much as we do!
I hope it's better than the original because I have nothing but problems when downloading firmware specifically with the original app

peterjitg

Apr 26, 2016
Seattle
updato.com
I hope it's better than the original because I have nothing but problems when downloading firmware specifically with the original app

Much better, trust me :) you'll love it!

---------- Post added at 01:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:57 PM ----------

""Error establishing a database connection""

E quando digita PDA, CSC e PHONE, no Samfirm, ele joga automaticamente a versão atualizada do SO e não a versão que a gente quer baixar manualmente. ;)

Yeah... Been dealing with some server issues all day, will be back on our feed shortly.

bleros

Mar 17, 2012
system32
Poor server i have Gigabit network download 300kb/s lol
samfirm work with all speed but problem is unable to download old firmware

D

Deleted member 804010

I've been trying to download the 930W8_RWC (Rogers) specific firmware from your desktop site. It is easy to search and sort, but the file that downloads appears to be the Canada generic XAC version ?

sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

umar_badshah

Jul 19, 2017
Lahore
all the firmware on your website is Official from samsung

@peterjitg brother, all the firmware on your website is Official from samsung?
Brother i have to download samsung galaxy s4 4.2.2 JB firmware from your website,
just want to confirm that is it official?
kindly reply me,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Mod Edit : Image removed

Mod Edit : Link removed lets you download any firmware for your Samsung device, completely free with download speed restrictions. We offer an option for premium download speeds for a minimal cost.

Visit the website - Mod Edit : Link removed

Please note that the website is still in beta.
    All users are encouraged to post feedback and suggestions in this thread. @updato-team will gladly answer your questions. :highfive:

Mod Edit : Link removed aims to bring you the best experience.

Mod Edit : Image removed

- Mod Edit : Disclaimer -

Be advice, in addition to violating rule 11, the webiste advertised in the thread is allegedly not trustworthy. Articles have appeared online in 2019 advising against using it or buying "full version".
    You can find links to those article
    here
    Hey guys :D

I hope you enjoy our service. Use it as you would any other search engine. Often times it works best if you search for model number (i.e. SM-A800IZ), rather than device name. Also, here are some advanced search tips to get you started:

• +"galaxy s7" usa
      • Display all firmwares for the Galaxy S7 and put those with region USA in the top
    • +"sm-t805" -germany
      • Display all firmwares for the Galaxy Tab S except those from Germany
    • +marshmallow +switzerland
      • Display all Marshmallow firmwares from Switzerland

Let us know what you think.
    PS: The site is not yet responsive in design (we're working on it)
    i have to wait about 3 min and then everything fine, maybe my bad because i can't wait about some min ..sorry..
    server prob or what ever, now it works fine when i search any firmware..
    big thanks to you..

Yup, things have been really picking up on our end so we're working right now on strengthening our servers. If there's ever any lag or downtime, it should fade away in the next few days.

---------- Post added at 09:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 AM ----------

I think you must use some kind of autocomplete feature. I can not finda anyting when i search with "SM-930F"

At the moment, the search requires that you enter the full model number, and if a letter or a number is missing, results can be very different. But I love the idea and we'll definitely look into ways to make our search engine smarter :)

---------- Post added at 09:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 AM ----------

Hey guys! The site looks good but I think that a good thing to add would be "fluid" tables (and structures) because now they don't fit in the phone screen and its impossible to read all the columns of the firmware table. By adding that you're site will be accesible for every phone and not only pc's.

Enviado desde mi SM-G930F mediante Tapatalk

Thank you :) I agree!

We're actually working on the responsive design as well, so that it looks well on mobile devices. Although that might take a few weeks. On the bright side, we'll be releasing our app in the next few days and it's looking great, we're certainly aiming to make mobile experience very pleasant.
    Thread Closed, this website is in violation of rule 11 of the XDA Developers Forum Rules.
    11. Don’t post with the intention of selling something.
    • Don’t use XDA to advertise your product or service. Proprietors of for-pay products or services, may use XDA to get feedback, provide beta access, or a free version of their product for XDA users and to offer support, but not to post with the intention of selling. This includes promoting sites similar / substantially similar to XDA-Developers.com.
    • Do not post press releases, announcements, links to trial software or commercial services, unless you’re posting an exclusive release for XDA-Developers.com.
    • Encouraging members to participate in forum activities on other phone related sites is prohibited.
    • Off-site downloads are permitted if the site is non-commercial and does not require registration.
    • Off-site downloads from sites requiring registration are NOT encouraged but may be permitted if both of the following conditions are met:
      A) The site belongs to a member of XDA-Developers with at least 1500 posts and 2 years membership, who actively maintains an XDA-Developers support thread(s) / posts, related to the download.
      B) The site is a relatively small, personal website without commercial advertising / links (i.e. not a competitor forum-based site with purposes and aims similar to those of XDA-Developers.com.)
    Regards,
    Raiz

Edit :
    Be advice, in addition to violating rule 11, the webiste advertised in the thread is allegedly not trustworthy. Articles have appeared online in 2019 advising against using it or buying "full version".