The Best S8+ Tempered glass screen protector and installation

Search This thread

donguason

Jul 2, 2015
I ordered the Spigen 3d Glass and have an extra Glue bottle from my Whitedome. Going to try that combo and see what it does.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Blinkyfrog

Sep 11, 2017
How about something like this?

InvisShield SoftFlex HD

I like that. I've learned a little bit more about screens and protecting them since writing this. I was primarily concerned with breaking the glass and digitizer with an edge hit so I thought tempered glass was the only choice.
What I learned is, the Gorilla Glass is the best protection for the digitizer, but its weakness is scratch resistance.
A flexible protector like the Invishield should be adequate for scratch protection.
Choosing the phone was a piece of cake compared to cases and SPs.

Thanks for the idea.

Smarty sharma

Aug 21, 2012
Bikaner, Rajasthan
I gave up on tempered glass. Went with the Spigen Neo Flex protector since April, no issues.

Until recently, top right corner began bubbling but since its a wet application it had slightly shifted upward on the right corner which was hitting my spigen tough armor case. Problem was solved, again since it is a wet aplication applied water to screen (lightly) and easily pushed it down and bubbling has gone away. Either way, its a great protector and currently available for 7.99 on amazon. Bargain if you ask me.
It will get yellow spot where you touch most of times on display.. I can see clear yellow spot in white background at home button

Sent from my SM-G955F using XDA-Developers Legacy app

Last edited:

porkchop8

Jun 1, 2011
Hi all,
Any feedback on the difference between the 2 types of tempered glass.
1. The one that looks like devils horns (sensors not covered)
2. The fully covered one where all the sensors are covered except for the earpiece.

Thank you.

Rydah

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 4, 2008
Southern California
I recently got the amfilm tempered glass screen protector for my S8+. I was expecting the usual lifting and such that other edge only adhesive glass protectors have but I was wrong.

It stuck on well and looks great. Definitely worth the price. My only complaint is that the edges of course are huge lint magnets. It bugs me to see my device so dusty looking but it's definitely nice to feel glass rather than a plastic film that scratches easily and could bubble up.

Shout out to AmFilm!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Roving1

Sep 19, 2017
Marrero
I bought the GadgetGuard Black Ice + and loved it (except for the drn dots in bright light) for almost 2 months (2 months today exactly) and then a week ago a small crack showed up about a half inch long. I looked real closely at it and it kinda looked like it might have been hit there on the top portion of the screen. I scratched my head because I know I haven't dropped it or bumped it. Well I was watching some videos and about an hour later that small crack was now running the full length of the screen from top to bottom. After a couple of days I noticed it had a chip on one side of the screen, then a day or so later another and then a small crack just on top of the curve (yeah all by itself a quarter inch or so, a random crack not touching anything (weird). Now it is just flippin spitting glass at me, with several cracks up and down that one side and they are independent of each other. I will try to get someone to take a pic of it and post it for yall. I need to order a replacement (its free if you call 10.00 shipping free), I am just lazy and waiting for payday. I am almost watching these cracks grow as I sit here not touching the phone. I hope the one that they send me this time last a little longer than this one.

sammieboy

Jul 9, 2013
Putting in my vote for OTAO's screen protector.... After fumbling with the crappy Zagg Glass multiple times.....decided to try OTAO's due to a friend's rec.....love this Glass! Great fit

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

porkchop8

Jun 1, 2011
Hi all,
Is there a full screen tempered glass where all holes have cutouts not just the earpiece? I am concerned the front facing wont be as clear due to the extra layer of glass. I know there is the devils horn looking lass which is the case friendly version but i am looking for a full coverage one.
many thanks

dtomlin

Mar 31, 2011
Google Pixel 7 Pro
I just put my OTAO on and love it. Perfect with my incipio case. Much better than the rubber feeling thing I had. I can actually swipe to text again.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

kxdaorbit

Oct 11, 2009
Hi all,
Is there a full screen tempered glass where all holes have cutouts not just the earpiece? I am concerned the front facing wont be as clear due to the extra layer of glass. I know there is the devils horn looking lass which is the case friendly version but i am looking for a full coverage one.
many thanks
£1.52, EBay UK.

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/132341613224

Reactions: tryf3

kxdaorbit

Oct 11, 2009
Ah. Awesome. Im just worried that the clear window covering the front facing camera lens will distort the photos.
Aah, so that's why I look so terrible in those selfies, lol.

In all seriousness, no issues at all.

As with all screen protectors the more precise you are with alignment and application, the better.

My advice is to leave your case on, once aligned, work outwards in all directions from the middle, using your thumbs, then seal edges with greater pressure on sides, top and bottom.

Reactions: porkchop8

Kash

Feb 4, 2009
Manchester
I have also been using the OTAO for the past week and like it. The fitting with the tray installation worked well and endured the screen protector was spot on. The glass feels nice and is clear. My only gripe is it easily attracts fingerprints.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The verizon branded S8+ screen protector is great quality, cheap and easy to install. (I purchased it for $26 on the VZW website)
    All you have to do is clean up your phone real nice

Then set it inside of the guide piece that comes in the box.

Take off the plastic from the sticky side and set the screen protector on the guide.

Push down on the protector and take off the plastic from the upper side of the protector and BOOM you're done.

It fits in cases without lifting and doesn't cover any of the sensors.

The only complaint I would have is that you can see some dots in direct sunlight but that's a non-issue if you turn the brightness up or just don't be in direct sunlight :cool:

Let me know what you guys think. I recommend you try one for yourself. Looks better in person. sorry for the giant pics

If you have any questions about it let me know. Oh and there are no dead spots for touch and it responds no loss in sensitivity.

More pics by request

i've tried of dozens of screen protectors, i can say that i have one otao screen protector(amazon) as far, i am currently using it and it works well, the touch matrix built in make phone sensitive like before ,really like it .
    Yes..because it is your own product...

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using XDA-Developers Legacy app
    Very interested in how this works out.

Here is the finished product. With the case on, you can't even tell I have a screen protector on it. I will say the LOCA is an absolute mess to deal with and clean up. Especially since without the Whitestone kit, I had to guess how much to use, and I wanted to use too much and clean up rather than use too little and. It be able to cover the screen. I wound up with either a piece of lint or a tiny bubble on the edge, but it only shows up on white screens. I'm VERY happy with the results. By the way this TGSP had the microdots and they completely disappear with the LOCA.
    So I was extremely frustrated with my Verizon protector that I was ready to crumble the thing under my boot and be done with it. As a last ditch effort last night, I had a random idea. Because the protector seems to have the properties of plastic more so than glass, I decided to use heat to try to flex the protector. I removed it and ran it under hot water while applying pressure to bend the sides of it towards the back of the phone. You can easily tell that its not glass... it flexed way too far.

Anyway , I did this for about ten minutes, flexing it at the center with some light force. I reapplied and it is holding so much better now. The responsiveness is back and there's no more clicking. I think both sides are actually contacting the glass. Just some advice for anyone who is having the same issues I had.
    somehow I feel like all of these "new improved" versions are coming out of the same warehouse

---------- Post added at 02:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:23 PM ----------

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XWVHSS5/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

purchased this one, and i was very happy. went on no issue, sticks perfectly. zero loss of touch sensitivity.

it's just another floating glass protector. they all suck. better off with PET film than this.