FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

DEX problem

1 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By scarmel1991, Junior Member on 11th September 2018, 02:00 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello,

I'm trying to use DEX with one major problem, my S8+'s screen is not functional AT ALL...
The Dex startup screen shows up on my HDMI screen, but it wants me to run the app
From what I understand, starting the DEX app is a must.
So just in cast you guys have a workaround, I'll be glad to hear it.
Pretty sure there isn't one, but what the hell

Thanks a lot.

17th October 2018, 03:37 AM |#2  
Flag Khartoum-sarajevo
Thanks Meter: 254

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarmel1991

Hello,

I'm trying to use DEX with one major problem, my S8+'s screen is not functional AT ALL...
The Dex startup screen shows up on my HDMI screen, but it wants me to run the app
From what I understand, starting the DEX app is a must.
So just in cast you guys have a workaround, I'll be glad to hear it.
Pretty sure there isn't one, but what the hell

Thanks a lot.

Have you tried to run the app using adb!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
5th February 2019, 04:03 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 121

More
Hmmm... Dex should start automatically when you connect the dock, I'm absolutely sure there is no need to launch an app.

Maybe it displays a dialog on the phone's screen and waiting for a confirmation to switch to Dex mode, I don't remember.

Anyway, without the phone's screen your options are quite limited, but here's an idea: connect the dock without power source. Now you should have the screen mirrored (no Dex). Check if everything is OK. Now reconnect the power source to the dock. It should propose to switch to Dex mode. I hope it will work now!

BTW, Dex is a good solution if you want a very basic desktop without carrying a lot of stuff. But if you need to carry a non-working phone (+dock, cables, mouse etc) just to have it, it's much better to take a cheap tablet or a laptop/netbook.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)