Hand held Gimbal that works for S8+ and GoPro?

Search This thread

donguason

Jul 2, 2015
Looking for a Hand held Gimbal that I can use both my phone and GoPro on. The cheaper the better but I understand I don't have many options. Any Ideas?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

chartmarker

Apr 5, 2011
I use a ikan FLY-X3 PLUS, It works great as long as you don't have lots of wind hitting the phone. Its better with my S7 or GoPro.

Looking for a Hand held Gimbal that I can use both my phone and GoPro on. The cheaper the better but I understand I don't have many options. Any Ideas?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

mcsenerd

Mar 8, 2007
Irving
Gimbals are definitely not just selfie sticks. They're for producing cinematic quality video and are quite effective when used correctly. I've got a DJI Osmo Mobile that i was using with my S7 but I havent had a chance to try out the S8+ on it yet. I'm going to guess that it'll be pushing the limits on the motors for it though.

Anyway... just set it up for the S8+... Looks like it'll work alright but no way your gonna get it to work inside a case and you've basically got to adjust the thing to the limits of the device. I'm sure the weight and size will put stress on the motors and use more battery than normal, but it does work.

Sorry for the sideways pic: IMG_2642.jpg

Of course...this won't help you with the GoPro part :)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Gimbals are definitely not just selfie sticks. They're for producing cinematic quality video and are quite effective when used correctly. I've got a DJI Osmo Mobile that i was using with my S7 but I havent had a chance to try out the S8+ on it yet. I'm going to guess that it'll be pushing the limits on the motors for it though.

Anyway... just set it up for the S8+... Looks like it'll work alright but no way your gonna get it to work inside a case and you've basically got to adjust the thing to the limits of the device. I'm sure the weight and size will put stress on the motors and use more battery than normal, but it does work.

Sorry for the sideways pic:IMG_2642.jpg

Of course...this won't help you with the GoPro part :)
    You might want to explain what a gimbal is or why you need it and in what context you'll be using it. you mention gopro so potentially, it would be in a rugged environment or sports.

Just saying, if you want responses, clarify.
    D
    Deleted member 5852591
    Saw this on YT, nice side-by-side comparison of 2 gimbals, plus he has OIS on and off with each one. That's where I found out what gimbals are (as far as smartphones are concerned).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DUz-P_zkfs