FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

Maybe the Glass screen protector we have been looking for.

10 posts
Thanks Meter: 6

By al_elric, Junior Member on 25th April 2017, 11:42 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
After all these junk glass screen protectors. I have had a new one on my phone every 1-2 days. They have all been pretty bad. I found one on amazon that looks promising.
All the ones I have tried only use edge glue and I hate that because it causes gaps and loss of sensitivity and they also have a matrix pattern.
Whitestone Dome glass, screen protector (Can't link because of new user restriction/ just search "Whitestone s8+" on amazon)
It is on the price side at $45 but if it works good I think it's well worth it.
It uses a UV glue over the whole screen that you cure in place.
Mine arrives on Friday and I'll let you know what I think. Hopefully this is my last one.
Or if anyone else has tried it.

Edit:
I have just installed mine. Looks to have went perfectly. I have my case on it right now the Speck Presidio Grip. It looks like a tight fit but it's not interfering with it. Touch sensitivity and clarity is great. It is thick and has a lip on the edges so if you where using a skin or no case it would be an issue for you.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to al_elric For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift al_elric Ad-Free

26th April 2017, 12:23 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 74

More
Ok, I'm intrigued. Please do report back.
26th April 2017, 04:55 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 72

More
I'm curious too, especially if it's case-friendly. It's useless to me otherwise, as I refuse to go caseless with this phone. Keep us posted~

EDIT TO ADD: Here's the link for the screen protector - Whitestone Dome Glass Screen Protector
26th April 2017, 10:57 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
One thing come too my mind, how easy will it come off again, if you crack the protector.
26th April 2017, 12:09 PM |#6  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKMIK

One thing come too my mind, how easy will it come off again, if you crack the protector.

Supposedly it peels right off, just like any other adhesive.
26th April 2017, 02:20 PM |#7  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by subyfan

Supposedly it peels right off, just like any other adhesive.

Guess you haven't seen the application video.
26th April 2017, 02:39 PM |#8  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKMIK

Guess you haven't seen the application video.

Indeed I have. What does that have to do with removal, as only the installation is shown? A separate‚Äč thread for the GS7E stated that it comes off just like a film protector. The only difference in the adhesive, to my understanding, is that I begins in liquid form to ensure no bubbles/gaps. Afterwards, it can be peeled away just as they can.
26th April 2017, 03:25 PM |#9  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by subyfan

Indeed I have. What does that have to do with removal, as only the installation is shown? A separate‚Äč thread for the GS7E stated that it comes off just like a film protector. The only difference in the adhesive, to my understanding, is that I begins in liquid form to ensure no bubbles/gaps. Afterwards, it can be peeled away just as they can.

It just seems like they use UV light too make the adhesive work better. But if you er so sure it is cool, becouse other glass protectors stink.
26th April 2017, 03:29 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 68

More
Looks suspicious according to this
https://reviewmeta.com/amazon/B06ZXWRGT1
Hyped up unverified reviews

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to johnwayne27 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift johnwayne27 Ad-Free
26th April 2017, 07:07 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 26

More
I'm taking a chance and placed an order. I figure with all of the crap screen protectors I would end up spending this much anyway. Atleast if this this works I save some money. It will be here on Friday so here's to hoping for the best.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)