FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

Maybe the Glass screen protector we have been looking for.

10 posts
Thanks Meter: 6

By al_elric, Junior Member on 25th April 2017, 11:42 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
26th April 2017, 07:07 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 26

More
I'm taking a chance and placed an order. I figure with all of the crap screen protectors I would end up spending this much anyway. Atleast if this this works I save some money. It will be here on Friday so here's to hoping for the best.

26th April 2017, 07:30 PM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 74

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawn026

I'm taking a chance and placed an order. I figure with all of the crap screen protectors I would end up spending this much anyway. Atleast if this this works I save some money. It will be here on Friday so here's to hoping for the best.

Please do share your experience. If this installs and cures as clearly/evenly as the videos would imply, with no impact to the screen sensitivity, then this product should be a hot commodity. They seem to state that removal of the glass/glue should leave no damage or residue that cannot be cleaned off easily. If that's the case, then I will also be giving this one a shot, pending other users like yourself have a positive experience.
26th April 2017, 08:18 PM |#13  
Flag CA
Thanks Meter: 664

More
I took a chance also and will get it Fri or so. I ordered the one from Verizon but after reading bad reviews I'm going to return it for a refund. I'll just stick to rubber screen protector if this one isn't right.
27th April 2017, 01:53 AM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 94

Donate to Me
More
Ok, watched an install video, no audio or subtitles but I got the idea. Seems neat, got me interested so I subscribed to this thread to see the reviews of those who purchased. May finally be what we need. But I would say we need someone to install just to show the removal process and see if there are any problems with removal, like if the adhesive is tough to remove after the glass has been removed or if it stays with the TGSP. Anyone purchase two for that purpose?
27th April 2017, 02:26 AM |#15  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outbreak444

Ok, watched an install video, no audio or subtitles but I got the idea. Seems neat, got me interested so I subscribed to this thread to see the reviews of those who purchased. May finally be what we need. But I would say we need someone to install just to show the removal process and see if there are any problems with removal, like if the adhesive is tough to remove after the glass has been removed or if it stays with the TGSP. Anyone purchase two for that purpose?

Go watch either of the drop videos that Whitestone has on YouTube. Both show the removal about halfway through.

Seems as easy, maybe easier than a film. No residue​/damage.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to subyfan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift subyfan Ad-Free
27th April 2017, 04:52 PM |#16  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Ventura County, CA
Thanks Meter: 2,036

Donate to Me
More
Can't wait for someone to confirm this. Looks way perfect on video.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S8+
27th April 2017, 09:03 PM |#17  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I've looked through the Korean forums and saw many reviews on this product. While some say it's perfect, some say there are problems. For example, if you happen to leak the liquid adhesive on your speaker or any other buttons, it breaks them. Also it seems that it's very hard to remove the leaks. Even after the success of putting it on, I've seen pictures of it not being glued on perfectly or it lifts. There are comments saying that it's not worth 45 dollars to break the $850 device. But like I said, if you follow the instructions and had no problems attaching it, it seems like a promising screen protector.
27th April 2017, 10:30 PM |#18  
Flag CA

More
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1pF_s9iw2o

very simple and easy to do
27th April 2017, 11:19 PM |#19  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMXO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqgWowigqIU

very simple and easy to do

FYI...your link is broken.
28th April 2017, 03:41 AM |#20  
Thanks Meter: 72

More
U Droid Mania on Youtube posted a vid on this protector. He only talked about installation, as it's a 2 part video. Part 2 will be coming soon~

Part 1 here: [x]
29th April 2017, 12:39 AM |#21  
Flag CA

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by subyfan

FYI...your link is broken.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1pF_s9iw2o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8nBUAb9x44

Thanks, here's a video with someone with a S8

EDIT: So I received it today and will be installing it this weekend. Will provide me thoughts once I install it.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)