FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Monitor mode on latest broadcom chipset

146 posts
Thanks Meter: 128
 
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from venus342a: v.1.1.2 Coming soon. Check announcement post below OP.
9th July 2017, 06:15 PM |#21  
venus342a's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Kolkata
Thanks Meter: 128
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SantinoInc

I'm so confused. Is this used for basically obtaining Wi-Fi passwords?

Yup. Use it only for testing your own network. Cracking others wifi passwords is illegal

You can use it for other uses too. With the drivers, you can use wifi adapters for your device too as source code is available on github
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to venus342a For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift venus342a Ad-Free
 
 
9th July 2017, 06:19 PM |#22  
venus342a's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Kolkata
Thanks Meter: 128
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjoy

Apk file force close...

Which device?
Can you provide logcat ?
10th July 2017, 01:11 AM |#23  
mrjoy's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag The Heaven Of Punjab
Thanks Meter: 167
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by venus342a

Which device?
Can you provide logcat ?

On galaxy s8+. I will provide logcat later.
18th July 2017, 01:16 AM |#24  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 36
 
More
hi guys,
the app was stopped on my s8,too.
to prevent unnecessary data loss, i didn't flash the driver zip, but installed it manually by using these commands:
su
mount -o rw,remount /system
cp /system/bin/linker /system/bin/linker.bak
cp linker /system/bin/
chown root:shell /system/bin/linker
chmod 755 /system/bin/linker
mount-o ro, remount /system

and then i launch this app, enable monitor mode, but it crashed, and i can't open it anymore. i tried to clean the app's data, uninstall and reinstall the app, but no way to make it work again. so what is the mistake i did?
after that, my phone even won't boot again. i have no other choices but to restore the linker binary in the twrp terminal. anyway, the Wmon app installed some files that can't be uninstalled by uninstalling the app, where are those files? could someone please tell me?
BTW , can i install and load the driver manually?
thank you.
22nd July 2017, 07:33 AM |#25  
Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
More
Could u please make one for the Samsung galaxy grand duos ? It has the bcm4334(im not sure)
23rd July 2017, 07:37 PM |#26  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Will this work for BCM43455 as well? ( Lg G5)
23rd July 2017, 07:47 PM |#27  
venus342a's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Kolkata
Thanks Meter: 128
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sibero80

Will this work for BCM43455 as well? ( Lg G5)

Not yet tested, Use 'otherdrivers.zip'. It might work as it has the same chipset. Follow procedure carefully.
The Following User Says Thank You to venus342a For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift venus342a Ad-Free
23rd July 2017, 08:02 PM |#28  
venus342a's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Kolkata
Thanks Meter: 128
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdauser'17

hi guys,
the app was stopped on my s8,too.
to prevent unnecessary data loss, i didn't flash the driver zip, but installed it manually by using these commands:
su
mount -o rw,remount /system
cp /system/bin/linker /system/bin/linker.bak
cp linker /system/bin/
chown root:shell /system/bin/linker
chmod 755 /system/bin/linker
mount-o ro, remount /system

and then i launch this app, enable monitor mode, but it crashed, and i can't open it anymore. i tried to clean the app's data, uninstall and reinstall the app, but no way to make it work again. so what is the mistake i did?
after that, my phone even won't boot again. i have no other choices but to restore the linker binary in the twrp terminal. anyway, the Wmon app installed some files that can't be uninstalled by uninstalling the app, where are those files? could someone please tell me?
BTW , can i install and load the driver manually?
thank you.

Hi there
I'm unable to diagnose the reason behind the crash.
The process takes a long time as I do not own a S8 and I work under beta testers.
As I am continuing to build this project, help us by posting a logcat at our development site : https://github.com/venus342/Wmon---Monitor-Mode

Please create a new issue so that we can help you out.

And yup, you can install the driver manually. After installing drivers, please confirm flashing/manual install was successful.

As the monitor mode driver install is permanent, the files can't be removed manually. It gets installed in the EFS partition. If you edit this partition manually, your communication system will fail.

So I recommend you to either use the 'Disable monitor mode' which will temporarily benefit you.

But if you want complete reinstall, You should Delete and recreate these partitions :
1) System
2)EFS
3)Data

Then reflash stock ROM and run Factory Data reset.
Some other files gets created in the data/data/package name folder. Deleting them won't affect your device and if the app is installed, the files will automatically get created.

Please refer to github for help : https://github.com/venus342/Wmon---Monitor-Mode

Thanks & Regards.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to venus342a For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift venus342a Ad-Free
23rd July 2017, 08:06 PM |#29  
venus342a's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Kolkata
Thanks Meter: 128
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by androidgeek79

Could u please make one for the Samsung galaxy grand duos ? It has the bcm4334(im not sure)

Please refer to my partners (Koli96) app : https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho....php?t=2379954

The app might work for your device. I don't have the driver for your chipset.
24th July 2017, 01:04 AM |#30  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 36
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by venus342a

Hi there
I'm unable to diagnose the reason behind the crash.
The process takes a long time as I do not own a S8 and I work under beta testers.
As I am continuing to build this project, help us by posting a logcat at our development site : https://github.com/venus342/Wmon---Monitor-Mode

Please create a new issue so that we can help you out.

And yup, you can install the driver manually. After installing drivers, please confirm flashing/manual install was successful.

As the monitor mode driver install is permanent, the files can't be removed manually. It gets installed in the EFS partition. If you edit this partition manually, your communication system will fail.

So I recommend you to either use the 'Disable monitor mode' which will temporarily benefit you.

But if you want complete reinstall, You should Delete and recreate these partitions :
1) System
2)EFS
3)Data

Then reflash stock ROM and run Factory Data reset.
Some other files gets created in the data/data/package name folder. Deleting them won't affect your device and if the app is installed, the files will automatically get created.

Please refer to github for help : https://github.com/venus342/Wmon---Monitor-Mode

Thanks & Regards.

Thank you so much for your reply!
ok, i will provide more logs on github.
also, i have one more question: can i edit the /efs partition from TWRP's terminal? i can mount it and view its content from there, if i failed to install it i want to do some reverse. because i'm boring at backup and restoring data.
and thank you again!
29th July 2017, 06:40 AM |#31  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
logcat output
HI ,
I have the same reported above
The Wmon keeps force clossing after the first run
I have S8 plus
See log output:

07-29 08:15:01.820 E/AndroidRuntime(16766): Process: com.venus342.wmon, PID:16766

07-29 08:15:01.820 E/AndroidRuntime(16766): java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to start activity ComponentInfo{com.venus342.wmon/com.venus342.wmon.ics.SafestrapActivity}: java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "1.0Beta"

07-29 08:15:01.820 E/AndroidRuntime(16766): at com.venus342.wmon.ics.SafestrapActivity.setupContr ols(SafestrapActivity.java:75)

07-29 08:15:01.820 E/AndroidRuntime(16766): at com.venus342.wmon.ics.SafestrapActivity.onCreate(S afestrapActivity.java:262)

07-29 08:15:01.823 W/ActivityManager(4365): Force finishing activity com.venus342.wmon/.ics.SafestrapActivity

Thanks for your help
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes