FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Rom][SM-G955U/U1/W][Combination_FA70_G955USGU5ARH8_V5_BL][Rooted+Safestrap][SamFail]

6,966 posts
Thanks Meter: 10,897

By jrkruse, Recognized Contributor on 17th February 2019, 07:20 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
This Rooted Combination Firmware that can be used for various reasons that include changing carrier codes, entering service menus and various secret dialer codes. The firmware is rooted and also has Safestrap recovery installed. This is not meant to be used as an everyday rom this is only intended to achieve root or use combo firmware tools with added feature of root. This is for V5 Bootloader devices

Directions If Coming From Stock Unrooted/Rooted Phone
COMBINATION_FA70_G955USQU5ARH8_SAMFAIL_ROOTED_V5.7 z
This may wipe your phone
Unzip the above zips
If already on safestrap do step 1 then reboot to safestrap and skip to step 7
Reboot phone to download mode
Use the Odin3_v3.13 provide above

1. In odin select BL_COMBINATION_FA70_G955USQU5ARH8_PART_1_AND_3.tar .md5 and load in BL slot of odin do not change the options make sure Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time are checked Click Start

2. Phone will automatically reboot as soon as phone powers off hold buttons to reboot back to download

3. In odin make sure to click reset button then in AP slot in odin choose AP_SAFESTRAP_RESCUE_SYSTEM_IMAGE.tar.md5 make sure Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time are checked Click Start

4. When don flashing it will say fail in odin and phone will reboot. Reboot phone to download. If phone reboots to upload mode force it to reboot too download mode

5. In odin make sure to click reset button then in BL slot in odin choose BL_COMBINATION_FA70_G955USQU5ARH8_PART_1_AND_3.tar .md5 make sure Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time are checked Click Start

6. When done flashing phone will reboot too safestrap if it doesnt force reboot to recovery and wipe data

7. When booted to safestrap copy COMBO_SYSTEM.img to phone

8. In safestrap choose install select install image and choose COMBO_SYSTEM.img and flash to system

9. When done if you have not wiped data then choose wipe in safestrap then advanced wipe and select to wipe data. Wipe and reboot
The Following User Says Thank You to jrkruse For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jrkruse Ad-Free

17th February 2019, 07:24 PM |#2  
OP Recognized Contributor

Donate to Me
More
Mine
The Following User Says Thank You to jrkruse For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jrkruse Ad-Free
18th February 2019, 12:43 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
bootloop
erase data cache
bootloop
18th February 2019, 03:25 AM |#4  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadedge7

hi
flash bl back bootloader flash ap fail back bootloader flash bl
sure Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time are checked Click Start all step
Erase data and cache blocked screen startup
Return recovery erase data and cache also blocked

I have no clue what you are saying. Please try to explain again

Sent using some kind of device I modified
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jrkruse For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jrkruse Ad-Free
18th February 2019, 03:49 PM |#5  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadedge7

bootloop
erase data cache
bootloop

I am uploading new stuff with different directions that will fix problems

Sent using some kind of device I modified
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jrkruse For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jrkruse Ad-Free
18th February 2019, 05:56 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
nice thank you
19th February 2019, 08:17 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
How to use it to change carrier. I do not want safestrap. Also will it trip knox?
19th February 2019, 05:09 PM |#8  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AhmedKhan123

How to use it to change carrier. I do not want safestrap. Also will it trip knox?

There are lots of forums how to do this. The firmware is rooted which even makes it easier. It does not trip knox and if you are smart you will use that safestrap you dont want and use it to make an efs backup before changing carrier
21st February 2019, 06:15 AM |#9  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrkruse

There are lots of forums how to do this. The firmware is rooted which even makes it easier. It does not trip knox and if you are smart you will use that safestrap you dont want and use it to make an efs backup before changing carrier

I know there are forums and I've even tried them, but none of them permanently changes phone's own csc. I was asking about changing original csc i.e from SPR/SPR/SPR to TMB/TMB/TMB. Please help me out in this regard. Also, tell me how to go back from safestrap to stock original. It is the only reason I'm not installing safestrap as i don't know how to go back to stock firmware with stock recovery.
Thanks in advance.
21st February 2019, 06:49 AM |#10  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AhmedKhan123

I know there are forums and I've even tried them, but none of them permanently changes phone's own csc. I was asking about changing original csc i.e from SPR/SPR/SPR to TMB/TMB/TMB. Please help me out in this regard. Also, tell me how to go back from safestrap to stock original. It is the only reason I'm not installing safestrap as i don't know how to go back to stock firmware with stock recovery.
Thanks in advance.

Well If you have a sprint sim it will change it to sprint the csc stuff is set by what sim you have you could manipulate this on earlier versions of nougat but not now. It is possible to use TMO csc on sprint but you would have to run a safetrap system so you can modify the csc features .xml If you want to go back to stock firmware you simply flash it. Safetrap does not replace the stock recovery. You can still boot to stock recovery with safetrap installed
21st February 2019, 07:20 AM |#11  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrkruse

Well If you have a sprint sim it will change it to sprint the csc stuff is set by what sim you have you could manipulate this on earlier versions of nougat but not now. It is possible to use TMO csc on sprint but you would have to run a safetrap system so you can modify the csc features .xml If you want to go back to stock firmware you simply flash it. Safetrap does not replace the stock recovery. You can still boot to stock recovery with safetrap installed

Thanks for the quick response. Now if I've to restore full stock firmware to sale my phone, i just have to flash the stock firmware right? Also, using safestrap, can i perform the modifications to system files which require root?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)