FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Root][SM-G955U/U1][SM-G955W][Snapdragon][V5_Bootloader][EDL_Method][Safestrap]

6,954 posts
Thanks Meter: 10,853

By jrkruse, Recognized Contributor on 11th March 2019, 04:53 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
This root method uses the EDL files to flash a modified rooted system image to SM-G955U/U1/W with version 5 bootloaders. This will give you a prerooted version of the COMBINATION_FA70_G955USQU5ARH8 firmware. Safestrap is also preinstalled so you can easily goto an Oreo or Pie system with safestrap or run a stock rooted nougat rom. This is not a usable rom its just gives you the ability to have safestrap and or flashfire

Download
G955U_V5_9008.rar
S8 SM-G950U/U1/W Can Be Found Here

Directions

Make sure your samsung drivers are up to date
1. In Odin_Firmware folder install COMBINATION_FA70_G955USQU5ARH8_CL12542406_QB195319 54_REV00_user_mid_noship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5 A wipe will probably be needed to boot
2. Once booted make sure phone is plugged into computer and in G955U_V5_9008 folder run Reboot_EDL.bat phone will reboot to a black screen
3. Make sure device installed on computer as Qualcomn 9008 device as this pic shows and note the com port number
Attachment 4712729

4. Run G955U5.bat in the G955U_V5_9008 folder you will have to input your com port number it should tell you the com number in command prompt dialog at the top if it does not tell you you are probably not connected correctly. Enter the number when it ask you not the COM letters just the number. The process will take awhile and may seem to hang for a few minutes just let it go unless it hangs for hours
5. When process complete on command window force reboot to bootloader and in odin flash BL_ENG_BOOTLOADERS_SAFESTRAP_G955U_V5.tar.md5 from Odin_Firmware folder
6. Phone should reboot to safestrap
7. You will also have rooted combo firmware installed
8. You can now head over to my Verizon S8+ forums where I have safestrap installable roms for S8 and S8+ All carriers support

- @Kamrys fir the V5 EDL files
- @XYLZ786 for bring to my attention the V5 EDL files
- @Raymonf for modified odin
- @afaneh92 for safestrap Main Thread Here Consider a donation to him he worked along time on this Donation Link
- @me2151 for finding samfail method. EDL Help Stealing some of his ideas
- @tytydraco for some instructions
- @mweinbach for some instructions, Discord thread providing the Pie update zips
- @Craz Basics for xposed on non rooted
- @partcyborg for finding the root method!
- @elliwigy for being great help and original S8 root. EDL Help Stealing some of his ideas
- @rayan-refoua for boot animation
- @SamGuy2020 for testing S8 V5 install method and bricking his phone in the process
- @klabit87 for all kinds of stuff
- @stang5litre for all kinds of stuff
- @jds3118 for help over the years
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to jrkruse For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jrkruse Ad-Free

11th March 2019, 04:58 AM |#2  
OP Recognized Contributor

Donate to Me
More
Here is the full EDL Rescure files if you brick your phone these could help you recovery. Just be aware that recovering a hard brick usually involves tearing the phone apart and jumping the test point pin which I am not going to go into detail the files are just being posted for people that know how and what to do with them

G955U_Full_EDL_V5.7z
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jrkruse For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jrkruse Ad-Free
15th March 2019, 12:22 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
g955w work fine
15th March 2019, 02:44 AM |#4  
Recognized Contributor
ocala
Thanks Meter: 4,777

Donate to Me
More
@jrkruse awesome work as always my friend! Much respect! You are an asset to the community bro!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jds3118 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jds3118 Ad-Free
15th March 2019, 02:45 AM |#5  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadedge7

g955w work fine

Are you asking if it works on SM-G955W or telling us that it works on SM-G955W. Because yes it does work.
The Following User Says Thank You to jrkruse For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jrkruse Ad-Free
15th March 2019, 02:48 AM |#6  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jds3118

@jrkruse awesome work as always my friend! Much respect! You are an asset to the community bro!

Thanks man
The Following User Says Thank You to jrkruse For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jrkruse Ad-Free
16th March 2019, 03:30 PM |#7  
Flag Lubukpakam
Thanks Meter: 0

More
thanks man!

Does this method fix 80% battery issue ?
16th March 2019, 03:37 PM |#8  
Flag VT
Thanks Meter: 3,780

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by patra09

thanks man!

Does this method fix 80% battery issue ?

If you are using root no. There is no fix this is implemented by Samsung in the kernel we need for 7.0 root. If you flash Oreo or pie then it's not present as they use different kernels. It's not a issue. It's a safety feature implemented and I get as much if not more sot than 100% charges.
17th March 2019, 07:51 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 102

More
i have android pie, i cant install this?

---------- Post added at 06:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:49 PM ----------

i waiting for you answer
17th March 2019, 08:20 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lesther70

i have android pie, i cant install this?

---------- Post added at 06:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:49 PM ----------

i waiting for you answer

place .img sdcard exfat
17th March 2019, 08:46 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 102

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadedge7

place .img sdcard exfat

i dont understand

---------- Post added at 07:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:45 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesther70

i dont understand

please explain me
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)