[DISCONTINUED][Root][SM-G955U/U1][SM-G955W][Snapdragon][V6_Bootloader][EDL_Method]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

mavszorg

Mar 11, 2012
Last edited:

Nirexes

Nov 24, 2019
trying on G950U, with installed Combo BL7 (FA70_G950USQU7ASK1) nothing helps, twrp flash fails througt Odin, and fastboot < waiting for device >. So i think need to wait :) Or G950U Bootloader not unlock-able? :p

elliwigy

Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
XDA App Taskforce
trying on G950U, with installed Combo BL7 (FA70_G950USQU7ASK1) nothing helps, twrp flash fails througt Odin, and fastboot < waiting for device >. So i think need to wait :) Or G950U Bootloader not unlock-able? :p

Do u guys even have rev7 edl files? If not and u upgraded to rev7 u might've screwed yourself lol

To add you can't use fastboot on samsung roms.....

Bl is not unlockable, if it was you wouldn't even need safestrap or any of this...

Based on latest comments I suggest you guys don't start experimenting if you don't know what your doing

Nirexes

Nov 24, 2019
Do u guys even have rev7 edl files? If not and u upgraded to rev7 u might've screwed yourself lol

To add you can't use fastboot on samsung roms.....

Bl is not unlockable, if it was you wouldn't even need safestrap or any of this...

Based on latest comments I suggest you guys don't start experimenting if you don't know what your doing

Don't worry:) I have full bricked phone with IMEI Cert Fail.

Reactions: Sarim951

mvastola

Sep 10, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Are there any considerations that need to be made in applying OS upgrades to your phone?

I'm on Pie and TMobile wants to upgrade me to G955USQU6DSJ6 from the version I installed in this thread.

Would doing this in any way limit my ability to switch SafeStrap on/of? (Presumably when turning it off I will want to flash the bootloader for this new version, but beyond that..)

jrkruse

Recognized Contributor
Aug 9, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra
Latest V7 Pie Rom available for S8+ It is slightly debloated about 1 gig of stuff removed but everything still functions like Samsung Pay etc. Also A Pure Google Version Rom Available with all Samsung apps removed except TW Launcher incase you want to use it with a theme store theme or you can simply install Pixel Rootless launcher from the app store. The only Apps installed are Google Dialer And Google Camera as they needed to be system apps other than that you can use whatever you want for all the other stuff. The Samsung Framework is still present for Samsung Pay to work if you so choose. dont ask for me to put back Samsung apps if you want Samsung apps figure it out yourself or use stock rom
Instructions For Safestrap On V7 Bootloaders And Process Can Be Found In Below Link
https://xdaforums.com/verizon-galaxy-s8+/development/rom-t3771206

zfk110

Jan 11, 2014
Atlanta
Are you asking if it works on SM-G955W or telling us that it works on SM-G955W. Because yes it does work.

Hi, after applying the dark theme and rebooting the phone, my phone, message, contact apps go back to default lite color. I have to re apply theme again for make it darker. Im on V6

lankyboy29

Dec 21, 2012
baton rouge
Latest V7 Pie Rom available for S8+ It is slightly debloated about 1 gig of stuff removed but everything still functions like Samsung Pay etc. Also A Pure Google Version Rom Available with all Samsung apps removed except TW Launcher incase you want to use it with a theme store theme or you can simply install Pixel Rootless launcher from the app store. The only Apps installed are Google Dialer And Google Camera as they needed to be system apps other than that you can use whatever you want for all the other stuff. The Samsung Framework is still present for Samsung Pay to work if you so choose. dont ask for me to put back Samsung apps if you want Samsung apps figure it out yourself or use stock rom
Instructions For Safestrap On V7 Bootloaders And Process Can Be Found In Below Link
https://xdaforums.com/verizon-galaxy-s8+/development/rom-t3771206

jr...sorry been awhile since ive rooted something so forgive my lack of knowledge... im on v7 boot, am i understanding this correctly 'SM_G955U_RESCUE_ROM_V7.rar' method gets me root on nougat. I understand I have to go there before I get a pie rom (still rooted on nougat just pie interface), this being the latest buil 'SM_G955U_DSL3_SYSTEM.rar'. Is what ive stated correct? and curious why are the new/different safestrap instructions for pie rom? Much thanks btw.​

***moved to correct forum***
https://xdaforums.com/verizon-galaxy-s8+/development/rom-t3771206[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

TheMadScientist

Recognized Contributor
Man, this sucks. Honestly I feel like there should be some legal ground to stand on once samsung stops releasing security updates for the phone since it's leaving it open to future vulnerabilities.

Even that's gonna be a few years. Even the s6 and s7s still get updates every now and then. But I hear ya.
I moved on. I got a g9650 s9+ snapdragon from Latin America. Bootloader unlockable. So I'm not complaining any more

Reactions: sleepysys
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [Root][SM-G955U/U1][SM-G955W][Snapdragon][V5_Bootloader][EDL_Method][Safestrap]

Rooted Nougat Rom​
    This is last nougat rom made for S8 it is prerooted with flashfire and safestrap preinstalled. It has CSC stuff for all carriers added. Its debloated slightly with knox removed. Some stuff may not work but im not sure as I cannot test but this stuff may include fingerprint and or face recognition. If stuff doesnt work it probably related to using pie modems and non-hlos on a nougat rom which you have no choice.​

Downloads
    Rooted_G95*USQS3BRB1.rar
    BL_G955_NOUGAT_V7.tar.7z
    Includes Fingerprint and Face Unlock fix for above nougat rom. Just flash in BL slot in odin after everything else
    Safestrap-4.10-B03-DREAMQLTE-PIE.zip Will boot straight to safestrap only for pie roms
    Safestrap-4.10-B03-DREAMQLTE-NOUGAT.zip Will Give you the safestrap splash screen on boot

Directions
    Safestrap Method
    1. Extract system.img from the Rooted_G95*USQS3BRB1.rar and copy to phone reboot to safestarp and flash system image reboot to download and flash BL_G955_NOUGAT_V7.tar.md5 in odin
    2. If coming from pie rom you will have to flash Safestrap for nougat zip to keep from bootlooping into safestrap
    @jrkruse awesome work as always my friend! Much respect! You are an asset to the community bro!

Thanks man
    After days of battling the edl brick after zeroing out my bootloader, I finally revived my device and now have working root and everything. The recovery.bat either failed right away or hung for hours. What finally got it to work was holding both volume buttons while connecting to my PC, and keeping them held while I ran the recovery.bat and entering the com port. Maybe it was just a fluke that it finally worked, but either way Thanks man.

Like I have stated the method and files works its just the users end that I cannot control. Computer hardware, cables drivers and stupidity are beyond my control. Im glad you got it. Looks like determination and trying different stuff payed off for you

Sent from some device I modified

Are you asking if it works on SM-G955W or telling us that it works on SM-G955W. Because yes it does work.