FORUMS

Should I bother trying to speed up my s8+?

952 posts
Thanks Meter: 35

Post Reply Email Thread
I bought this phone 2 days ago and I have to say it does have delays stutters and everything. the animations aren't smooth at all.
I was trying to see if anyone had any luck trying to make it faster.
my animations are on 0.5x and i have disabled a lot of packages but freaked out a bit about KNOX. should I disable that too? I'm not sure if it made much of a difference since it's slower but I did get a lot more battery life on my s7 edge after doing this!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kamranhaghighi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kamranhaghighi Ad-Free
30th October 2017, 01:12 PM |#2  
Flag Boston
Thanks Meter: 399

More
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.xda...er-labels/amp/

install the PAS like a normal app. Reboot. Change animations to .2 or .1

Profit.
The Following User Says Thank You to muppetmaster916 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift muppetmaster916 Ad-Free
30th October 2017, 07:41 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Orgrimmar

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetmaster916

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.xda...er-labels/amp/

install the PAS like a normal app. Reboot. Change animations to .2 or .1

Profit.

Thanks! but I think even 0.5x is a bit too slow already! I love animations as long as they're not running at 12fps
31st October 2017, 02:06 AM |#4  
Flag Boston
Thanks Meter: 399

More
The lower the setting the faster the phone will feel. in my opinion. So. .1 or .2 will feel faster than the .5 that you're using
The Following User Says Thank You to muppetmaster916 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift muppetmaster916 Ad-Free
31st October 2017, 07:28 PM |#5  
Flag Orange County
Thanks Meter: 178

More
Nope nope nope. If you want butter, and want to blow your d*ck off, install the Unlocked Firmware. Removes bloat, and it is as smooth as my pixel was. I'm seriously in shock still
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jzero88 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jzero88 Ad-Free
31st October 2017, 09:37 PM |#6  
Flag Los Angeles, CA
Thanks Meter: 339

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jzero88

Nope nope nope. If you want butter, and want to blow your d*ck off, install the Unlocked Firmware. Removes bloat, and it is as smooth as my pixel was. I'm seriously in shock still

Wanted to do that so bad but I have a snapdragon variant.
31st October 2017, 10:40 PM |#7  
Flag Orange County
Thanks Meter: 178

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sNoxious

Wanted to do that so bad but I have a snapdragon variant.

As do I.

Follow the Unlocked Firmware installation instructions to a T. Including using the files that thread provides and you'll have the fastest and smoothest phone on the block.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/gal...rrier-t3627255
1st November 2017, 08:58 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 1,169

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamranhaghighi

I bought this phone 2 days ago and I have to say it does have delays stutters and everything. the animations aren't smooth at all.
I was trying to see if anyone had any luck trying to make it faster.
my animations are on 0.5x and i have disabled a lot of packages but freaked out a bit about KNOX. should I disable that too? I'm not sure if it made much of a difference since it's slower but I did get a lot more battery life on my s7 edge after doing this!

Same problem here. But the rest says this device is perfect Really strange behavior for a flagship. But after a 1-2 weeks, u will get used to this.
The Following User Says Thank You to Leon For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Leon Ad-Free
1st November 2017, 10:08 AM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Orgrimmar

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mefistoreyon

Same problem here. But the rest says this device is perfect Really strange behavior for a flagship. But after a 1-2 weeks, u will get used to this.

Yeah! even the annoying ghosting of theSamsung AMOLEDs is gone! unless I got min which Is only at late night!

What's funny is that the only reason this phone lags is Samsung's bloatware!
Can't they just ask us if we want the features at the beginning (First boot? like stock android or Samsung experience)
The Following User Says Thank You to kamranhaghighi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kamranhaghighi Ad-Free
1st November 2017, 04:29 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Orgrimmar

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jzero88

As do I.

Follow the Unlocked Firmware installation instructions to a T. Including using the files that thread provides and you'll have the fastest and smoothest phone on the block.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/gal...rrier-t3627255

I bought mine unlocked!
2nd November 2017, 06:18 PM |#11  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 28

More
Hi there . Got the same problem . I got before iPhone 6s plus nexus 6 nexus 6p oneplus 3t and many more . When I pick up Samsung a8+ i don't have lag . I have low performance or slow os or I don't know how to define the point is my phone move so slow .I changed the animation . I got the unlocked version . I don't know how to debloat but I tried different thinks on my s8 to make it faster with no luck . I think the 7.0 is the problem. On 7.1.1 the speed improve a bit for sure . O hope they will fix it with a software update or something . Or xda guys manage to make lineage os or RESURECTION REMIX stable so we can get rid of lag .
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)