I cannot flash TWRP on my S8+. Can someone help me please?

Search This thread

Fritzy8

Jun 23, 2017
So I have an Exynos S8+ (G955F) with bootloader v5. I have been trying to flash TWRP onto it to no avail.

I flashed Android Pie (9.0) and attempted to flash TWRP, but I get the "Only official binaries are allowed to be flashed(recovery)" error. I noticed both my RMM and KG states were "prenormal". So I attempted (many times btw) the RMM/KG bypass with the date change, update check, auto-date, update check, dev options, oem off and on, etc. I got the KG state to change to "checking" (made some progress I guess), but the RMM state stays at "prenormal".

One of my problems with the RMM/KG bypass is that it's shown as a RMM/KG bypass rather than a RMM AND KG bypass (to get both into "checking" or w/e). I don't know if I am reading too deeply into the meaning of the slash, but I am confused as to whether the bypass should be solving either one OR the other, rather than both (RMM AND KG).

But that's beyond the point. If someone could help me figure this out I would really appreciate it. I've been through thread after thread and I cannot seem to find anything else that will fix my problem.

Thanks in advance!

Fritzy8

Jun 23, 2017
I was contacted by BIOKNOX and they offered to help me with my problem. Long story short, solved my problem. Thank you very much.