[HELP THREAD][Noob Friendly]Samsung Galaxy S8+ Ask any question

Search This thread

aiem

Dec 8, 2015
I have a question. Anyone seen a good comparison for Mali and Adreno performance on games?

Also. I'm from US, will there be a SD version with Dual sim?

jarmint

Apr 14, 2012
Purchased S8 in Korea, however shutter sound is turned on permanently (by law). How can I get rid of this without rooting etc?

slyjai

May 18, 2009
Los Angeles
Just checked it out at Best Buy and I think I'm sold. The s8+ felt great in my hand and the finger print scanner was easy to get to and didn't feel weird. Even being slightly taller it felt smaller than my IPhone 6+. For browsing around the os screen looked great but wifi was working so no video play.
Great choice. The S8+ is thinner than the iPhone+, although the screen is so much larger. The display is the best that exists and the design is phenomenal. I agree 1000 percent regarding the finger print scanner. It is not as bad as they make it seem. Plus I use the iris scanner and a pin 99.9% of the time. The S8 is a new era for phones. I have already had people ask me 'what that was' as if I was using a machine that is unheard of when I racked up my Samsung Pay points.

---------- Post added at 10:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 AM ----------

Purchased S8 in Korea, however shutter sound is turned on permanently (by law). How can I get rid of this without rooting etc?
The shutter sound can,not be removed as by law the shutter sound is mandatory there. Too many individuals taking upskirt shots with the best Camera there is.

---------- Post added at 10:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 AM ----------

How obtrusive are the black bars when watching 16:9 videos? 4:3 videos?
The 4.3 videos are as obtrusive as they would be on any 4k television playing an older episode of forensic files. As far as 16.9, being able to crop, (which the G6 unfortunately can no perform) is magic. The future is now. Bye bye bezels, hello uhd hdr phone.

rareness4

Sync Toggle Missing?

The Sync toggle is missing from my AT&T S8+, anyone else? Talked to an AT&T rep and they weren't helpful.

UPDATE: Was able to not only add back the Sync toggle, but also add the Mobile Data toggle which AT&T is notorious for leaving out. I followed this thread from xda:

Three Actually-Hidden, Non-Clickbaity Tricks for Your New Galaxy S8 or S8+

I used the 3rd Party app Minimal ADB and Fastboot to put in the command lines. I only used this for the quick toggles not for the other things, which you can do if you choose.

Last edited:
Reactions: burrzoo

DuB36

Apr 22, 2017
SD card

I upgraded from S7 edge, got my phone couple days ago and the SD card from my S7 won't fit in the S8+.. Anyone else having that problem?? Thanks..

Guayaco36

Aug 13, 2012
So got my S8 plus Yesterday, put on an extreme micro SD card, I was excited to get this to record 4k content, my S7 edge stuttered many times, I started recording video on my brand new S8 plus and it does the same, I then turned off video stabilization and works much better but some stuttered it's noticeable but nothing like before,anyone having this issues? I did tried changing to internal memory really recording and it did the same with video stabilization on, the one more that works was 1080p with video stabilization on.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Guayaco36

Aug 13, 2012
I upgraded from S7 edge, got my phone couple days ago and the SD card from my S7 won't fit in the S8+.. Anyone else having that problem?? Thanks..

I was having the same issue, just line it up correctly takes some tries, looks like it won't fit but once inserted , all worked as it should. Good luck.

Reactions: B. J.

Solpadein

Feb 23, 2013
I bought s8+ sm-g955f in Poland. As you know to remove region lock must do minimum 5 min phone call with local SIM card. So I did it (6 min phone call), and was not check it with my own SIM card. When I turned back to my country and fitted in my SIM card it asked me pin code and after couple times it asks puk code. I know exactly my pin and puk codes even I tried it with another sim cards and all times it was the same question - puk code. What it can be and how can I fix it? Please help me.

unitz0mbie

Apr 6, 2015
Miami
when does the ota appear on smart switch for att devices? i noticed that on sammobile some carries have the new version ending in AQD9 not att varriant. im using a cricket sim so i cant apply any ota through the phone itself

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'd like to use a wireless charging stand at night.

I use the Otterbox Defender case and a magnetic car mount that goes in the air vent (I can't post a link because of my post count, but it's the TechMatte air vent magnetic mount on Amazon). The mount uses a small metal plate between the case and the phone.

Will wireless charging still work through the case and the metal plate? Will the case and plate cause the phone to get too hot from the wireless charging?

Also, what wireless charging stand do you guys use? Which one do you think the best is to keep the phone cool and charge fast?

A metal between the charging pads will not work. You can use one at a time but not both.
    My device is GALAXY S8PLUS SM-G955D(SC-03J).DOCOMO
    How can I Root it? I need help(╥ω╥`)
    could you help me?

THANKSε٩(๑> ₃ <)۶ з
    That's what I figured. My S7 isn't but 6 months old and I haven't heard of any trade-in deals with my carrier. I do have an LG with a different carrier that I might would trade in on an 8+.
    Yeah my advise is get it if you can get a good deal otherwise waiting isn't a bad option as price goes down a lot on sammys after a few months so you could sell your s7 and LG and afford to buy 1 privately.
    I watched a few Youtube Videos today with diffrent comparison methods between s8/s8+ s7/s7e in some Benchmarks and AppStuff.
    My Device (g935f @ Superstock Rom / superkernelwith Synapse Tweaks) is sometimes faster then S8. Special with Games the S8 is a little more better in speeds.

I cant see a big Reason why to buy me a new S8, when my actual S7e brings the same speed and function's. (Dont need Bixby or any ohter Voice App so..) The Camera is also the same with (too) little diffrences for my suggestion.

And i think the S8 cant get to 5-6hours SOT so far like an S7e. Ok 5-6 hours with Systemmods like Superstock, Synapse and Modkernel.. but i think with Stock Rom you get nearly 4-5hours SOT with normal usage.

So im interested of you guys..what do you think about it ? You think like me, stay with S7 and Upgrade with Note 8 or S9 next time ? Or you wanna buy the S8 right now or later with better prices ?
    Hi

I want to install twrp in my samsung SM-G955F, but I don't know if it's "Samsung Galaxy S8+ (Exynos) (dream2lte)" or "Samsung Galaxy S8+ (Snapdragon) (dream2qlte)".

Where could i find that information?

Thanks a lot