FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Lag/stutter

254 posts
Thanks Meter: 11

By hinds90, Senior Member on 8th May 2017, 07:11 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Anyone experiencing a slight lag when hitting the home button to exit the current app you're in and the animations lags a little and also when you swipe up on the home screen to get to the app drawer I get a little lag.

8th May 2017, 08:30 PM |#2  
Flag Doylestown, PA
Thanks Meter: 127

More
Maybe, barely perceptible and only time to time.
8th May 2017, 09:12 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 219

More
Maybe a couple of dropped frames, but it has improved a lot in the latest update, the one that brought easier color correction for the display. I realize that some will see it as an issue, but the effect zooming back to the icon where it opened from when resuming to the home screen is enough for me lol, I'm not that OCD
8th May 2017, 09:31 PM |#4  
Anything I can clear or check?
13th May 2017, 06:32 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
It's gonna happen. Try clearing cache by hitting restart and holding power, Bixby button and volume up until you see the blue android screen. Doing this after every new update release is recommended.
13th May 2017, 06:59 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 30

More
You can set the animations differently in developer options. Some people like to bump the times up. It feels "smoother" that way. I have mine turned completely off
The Following User Says Thank You to Kil4Thril For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Kil4Thril Ad-Free
14th May 2017, 06:42 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 34

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kil4Thril

You can set the animations differently in developer options. Some people like to bump the times up. It feels "smoother" that way. I have mine turned completely off

Thanks, I didn't know about this. I wasn't particularly bothered before but this intrigued me so I had a look. I've changed my animation values from x1 to x0.5 and it does appear to feel even snappier, although it was no slouch beforehand. Cheers mate.
The Following User Says Thank You to xeathpk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xeathpk Ad-Free
15th May 2017, 01:31 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 513

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xeathpk

Thanks, I didn't know about this. I wasn't particularly bothered before but this intrigued me so I had a look. I've changed my animation values from x1 to x0.5 and it does appear to feel even snappier, although it was no slouch beforehand. Cheers mate.

Make sure you don't change the window animation. Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170515-073024.jpg
Views:	446
Size:	27.7 KB
ID:	4150413

Galaxy S8+ Black
The Following User Says Thank You to Krunk83 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Krunk83 Ad-Free
15th May 2017, 06:55 PM |#9  
Substratum Development Leader
Flag University of Toronto
Thanks Meter: 13,878

Donate to Me
More
AFAIK there are some wallpaper manager changes in Samsung source. Regarding the wallpaper zoom when you click recents. This may affect the animation of kicking back to home.
20th May 2017, 08:37 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 68

More
Try changing screen resolution then changing it back to what you had it on (FHD to QHD etc) My device smooths out significant. Not sure how this makes sense but it works. Try it!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)