FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Sprint + 955FD not compatible, no wifi calling

4 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By J_blaze114, Junior Member on 19th May 2017, 09:41 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Bought 955FD myself here in saudi.
Followed instructions to make "cumulative 5 minute call" with middle east/north africa sim: regional unlock.

1st issue: wifi calling available?
Searched settings for wifi calling. Initially something pops up, such as an option but it asked for ?phone number? I dont recall, was too excited about getting ready to pop in sprint sim from edge6.

During this search i was waiting for smart switch to execute bringing files from edge6.
When its all done i see nothing about wifi calling on 955FD.

2nd issue: activating 955FD to Sprint network.
Called Sprint, they asked for HEX gave them the IMEI number, then informed phone is not compatible.
They informed me i could go into sprint store and have them flash the device to place it on sprint's system. But that didnt sound confident. The phone is not compatible but can be flashed.

I was told once before by sprint international they have special sims to be used on foreign devices. But after failed activation informed me the international sim would not work either. I am never satisfied with first tier help/information from sprint.
I am open any advice. Last hope is to switch to TMobile which i read in another xda forum it will work. But i am concerned about the wifi calling mainly.

19th May 2017, 12:40 PM |#2  
If you're rooted, then flash the CSC selector and select TMB. It will bring you wifi calling and Volte in TMOBILE, Not sure Exynos model will support Sprint CDMA..

I'm using it in Tmobile.. Mine is G955F

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to `SBR` For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift `SBR` Ad-Free
19th May 2017, 02:04 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
Not rooted. Never tried that before. Trying to stay away from that effort.
Must it be rooted to be used on Tmobile?
19th May 2017, 02:33 PM |#4  
Flag Woodstock
Thanks Meter: 50

More
Quote:

2nd issue: activating 955FD to Sprint network.
Called Sprint, they asked for HEX gave them the IMEI number, then informed phone is not compatible.

As SBR said above, Exynos does not support CDMA. Sprint is CDMA. Your rep was correct.
The Following User Says Thank You to rkennison For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rkennison Ad-Free
19th May 2017, 07:05 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkennison

As SBR said above, Exynos does not support CDMA. Sprint is CDMA. Your rep was correct.

Thank you. Would them offering to flash the device be worth a try for experimental purpose?
19th May 2017, 08:16 PM |#6  
Flag Woodstock
Thanks Meter: 50

More
No. The Exynos chip does not support CDMA. That is only in the Qualcom chip. The problem lies in your CPU, not software.
The Following User Says Thank You to rkennison For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rkennison Ad-Free
19th May 2017, 11:22 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
You have two different types of cellular networks, CDMA and GSM. Sprint and Verizon use CDMA while everyone else (in the world) uses GSM.

Kind of just an FYI, in which case your phone will work on T-Mobile, but not sure about the extra steps with WiFi calling (though, if it's on these forums, then you should be set there too).
The Following User Says Thank You to Zulfigar For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Zulfigar Ad-Free
20th May 2017, 06:23 PM |#8  
OP Junior Member

More
Will update about wifi calling feature after I speak to Mobile in few weeks upon returning to stattes.
Thanks.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)