Sprint + 955FD not compatible, no wifi calling

Search This thread

J_blaze114

May 19, 2017
Bought 955FD myself here in saudi.
Followed instructions to make "cumulative 5 minute call" with middle east/north africa sim: regional unlock.

1st issue: wifi calling available?
Searched settings for wifi calling. Initially something pops up, such as an option but it asked for ?phone number? I dont recall, was too excited about getting ready to pop in sprint sim from edge6.

During this search i was waiting for smart switch to execute bringing files from edge6.
When its all done i see nothing about wifi calling on 955FD.

2nd issue: activating 955FD to Sprint network.
Called Sprint, they asked for HEX gave them the IMEI number, then informed phone is not compatible.
They informed me i could go into sprint store and have them flash the device to place it on sprint's system. But that didnt sound confident. The phone is not compatible but can be flashed.

I was told once before by sprint international they have special sims to be used on foreign devices. But after failed activation informed me the international sim would not work either. I am never satisfied with first tier help/information from sprint.
I am open any advice. Last hope is to switch to TMobile which i read in another xda forum it will work. But i am concerned about the wifi calling mainly.

`SBR`

Apr 5, 2010
NJ
If you're rooted, then flash the CSC selector and select TMB. It will bring you wifi calling and Volte in TMOBILE, Not sure Exynos model will support Sprint CDMA..

I'm using it in Tmobile.. Mine is G955F

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Reactions: J_blaze114

J_blaze114

May 19, 2017
Not rooted. Never tried that before. Trying to stay away from that effort.
Must it be rooted to be used on Tmobile?

Zulfigar

Apr 21, 2017
You have two different types of cellular networks, CDMA and GSM. Sprint and Verizon use CDMA while everyone else (in the world) uses GSM.

Kind of just an FYI, in which case your phone will work on T-Mobile, but not sure about the extra steps with WiFi calling (though, if it's on these forums, then you should be set there too).

J_blaze114

May 19, 2017
Will update about wifi calling feature after I speak to Mobile in few weeks upon returning to stattes.
Thanks.

J_blaze114

May 19, 2017
955FD on T-Mobile

After signing up with Tmobile i am 99% all good. Only problem is no wifi calling feature has appeared.

Skander1998

May 23, 2012
Doha
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Samsung Galaxy S7
After signing up with Tmobile i am 99% all good. Only problem is no wifi calling feature has appeared.

WiFi calling on TMobile requires the TMobile firmware (which isn't available on the 955FD model, obviously).
Even unlocked US phones from Samsung can't use WiFi calling on TMobile unless they flash TMobile firmware.

You cannot flash the TMobile firmware on your device.

J_blaze114

May 19, 2017
WiFi calling on TMobile requires the TMobile firmware (which isn't available on the 955FD model, obviously).
Even unlocked US phones from Samsung can't use WiFi calling on TMobile unless they flash TMobile firmware.

So my only option is to use DIGITS app by tmobile. Not bad but overall happy with my choice to buy this model...so far.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If you're rooted, then flash the CSC selector and select TMB. It will bring you wifi calling and Volte in TMOBILE, Not sure Exynos model will support Sprint CDMA..

I'm using it in Tmobile.. Mine is G955F

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    2nd issue: activating 955FD to Sprint network.
    Called Sprint, they asked for HEX gave them the IMEI number, then informed phone is not compatible.

As SBR said above, Exynos does not support CDMA. Sprint is CDMA. Your rep was correct.
    No. The Exynos chip does not support CDMA. That is only in the Qualcom chip. The problem lies in your CPU, not software.
    You have two different types of cellular networks, CDMA and GSM. Sprint and Verizon use CDMA while everyone else (in the world) uses GSM.

Kind of just an FYI, in which case your phone will work on T-Mobile, but not sure about the extra steps with WiFi calling (though, if it's on these forums, then you should be set there too).