FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Themes] Best (dark) Theme for S8+?

351 posts
Thanks Meter: 197
 
By SAO, XDA Ad-Free Senior Member on 19th April 2017, 09:29 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
What do you think would be the best dark theme (with contrast) for the S8+?
The Following User Says Thank You to SAO For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SAO Ad-Free
 
 
19th April 2017, 06:28 PM |#2  
geoff5093's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Dover, NH
Thanks Meter: 1,021
 
More
I loaded the Material Dark theme that I used on my S7 Edge, and overall it looks good. Only thing that bugs me is the navigation bar color changes based on the app, from black to gray to transparent.
The Following User Says Thank You to geoff5093 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift geoff5093 Ad-Free
21st April 2017, 04:13 PM |#3  
Junior Member
Flag Chicago, IL
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Okay, feels like a dumb question (I *am* finally upgraded to S8+ from Note4) - but where do I activate dark themes (non-root)? Tons of garbage in the play store, but I'd think it'd be built into Android 7 (been promised it for years)... any guidance appreciated.
21st April 2017, 09:46 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 197
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by geoff5093

I loaded the Material Dark theme that I used on my S7 Edge, and overall it looks good. Only thing that bugs me is the navigation bar color changes based on the app, from black to gray to transparent.

Was about to test it, Had it also on my S7E.

But seems that some new designers are on the block, one for example is "Aire". might be worth checking it out. I'm testing the sd_black. not bad for the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by labyrinthian

Okay, feels like a dumb question (I *am* finally upgraded to S8+ from Note4) - but where do I activate dark themes (non-root)? Tons of garbage in the play store, but I'd think it'd be built into Android 7 (been promised it for years)... any guidance appreciated.

settings > wallpapers & themes
21st April 2017, 11:07 PM |#5  
mrnovanova's Avatar
Senior Member
Montreal
Thanks Meter: 499
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAO

What do you think would be the best dark theme (with contrast) for the S8+?

Try this one. I had in since Monday and I love it?

http://www.samsung.com/global/themes...n&SITE_CODE=ca

---------- Post added at 11:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by labyrinthian

Okay, feels like a dumb question (I *am* finally upgraded to S8+ from Note4) - but where do I activate dark themes (non-root)? Tons of garbage in the play store, but I'd think it'd be built into Android 7 (been promised it for years)... any guidance appreciated.

Long press an empty spot on the launcher /select wallpapers and theme/go to theme section in theme store/search for terms like material or dark.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mrnovanova For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mrnovanova Ad-Free
21st April 2017, 11:09 PM |#6  
crankshaft's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 93
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnovanova

Try this one. I had in since Monday and I love it?

http://www.samsung.com/global/themes...n&SITE_CODE=ca

---------- Post added at 11:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 PM ----------



Long press an empty spot on the launcher /select wallpapers and theme/go to theme section in theme store/search for terms like material or dark.

Nice theme! Thanks dude

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to crankshaft For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift crankshaft Ad-Free
21st April 2017, 11:14 PM |#7  
dc82's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 261
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by geoff5093

I loaded the Material Dark theme that I used on my S7 Edge, and overall it looks good. Only thing that bugs me is the navigation bar color changes based on the app, from black to gray to transparent.

OMG this pisses me off so much. I wish the user could decide the color and have it STAY that color. Aside from when it goes full transparent on the home screen or during media content. I use the Google keyboard with a dark theme and the white nav bar looks hideous.



Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170421-181329.png
Views:	670
Size:	83.9 KB
ID:	4121356

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to dc82 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dc82 Ad-Free
21st April 2017, 11:45 PM |#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 31
 
More
Check out materialsilver and mattblack
22nd April 2017, 12:31 AM |#9  
Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnovanova

Try this one. I had in since Monday and I love it?

http://www.samsung.com/global/themes...n&SITE_CODE=ca

---------- Post added at 11:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 PM ----------



Long press an empty spot on the launcher /select wallpapers and theme/go to theme section in theme store/search for terms like material or dark.

Yo this theme is EXACTLY what I was looking for thanks

---------- Post added at 12:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc82

OMG this pisses me off so much. I wish the user could decide the color and have it STAY that color. Aside from when it goes full transparent on the home screen or during media content. I use the Google keyboard with a dark theme and the white nav bar looks hideous.

Get NavBar app from the play Store and change the color to black
22nd April 2017, 05:10 AM |#10  
Junior Member
Flag Chicago, IL
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Added navbar plus this theme, still have annoying white on 'enter message' box in messages.
Also I'm hoping to have real dark theme, ie so that gmail is dark not white.
Any suggestion for either?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes