Remove All Ads from XDA

youtube zoom not working

244 posts
Thanks Meter: 53
By nishantmnit, Senior Member on 4th March 2018, 09:27 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello devs,
I recently purchased s8+ and after few hours of user pinch to zoom started working on youtube.

However, recently after 22nd feb youtube update youtube zoom has stopped working.

I tried force closing youtube, clearing data for the app but it didn't work.
I tried clearing the device cache in recovery mode but that didn't help either.
I tried downgrading the youtube version by removing the system app and installing an older version. That didn't help either.
I also enabled the video enhancer and changing the performance mode to entertainment. But, all in vein.

Surprisingly same version of youtube app is installed on my lg g6 and that works flawless. So, my hunch is this is to do something with our device.

Have you encountered this issue? Or, if you have resolved it using some method? If yes, please comment.

4th March 2018, 11:50 PM |#2  
Flag San Antonio
Thanks Meter: 99
I'm also experiencing this. My brother has the same phone with the same YouTube version and he can pinch to zoom, yet I cannot.

We are both completely stock on AT&T.
5th March 2018, 03:11 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 856
It doesn't work on all videos, i notice mainly the low res ones you cant zoom in.
5th March 2018, 09:12 AM |#4  
Flag Sherwood Park
Thanks Meter: 2
I have this same problem. whatever they did in the last update broke it. I have the Canadian S8+.
10th March 2018, 06:48 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 144
Originally Posted by peachpuff

It doesn't work on all videos, i notice mainly the low res ones you cant zoom in.

pinch to zoom not working for me even on hi res videos.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Previous Thread Next Thread