FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[OREO] Oreo Beta on ANY USA/Snapdragon S8/+! [04/10/18]

109 posts
Thanks Meter: 239

By dmezh, Senior Member on 6th November 2017, 03:46 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello all - the Oreo beta is now officially over for all devices and unofficial beta devices may need to be manually migrated to the release branch:

Note: Your device will receive OTAs after this update.

Note: Please use Updato or SamMobile to acquire the latest firmware for your device if you use AT&T or Verizon, or use XAA for a clean, unlocked experience.

1. Use SamFirm to acquire the latest Oreo build for your device (if not AT&T or Verizon).
  • Enter SM-G950U/SM-G955U/SM-G955U1 depending on your model.
  • Enter your desired carrier code, or XAA for unlocked (common are TMO, SPR)
  • Select Auto, Check CRC32, and Decrypt Automatically.
  • Click Download
2. Once the download is done, extract the archive.
3. Use the patched Odin 3.13.1 from @realbbb. This is necessary for carrier-switching, including to unlocked/debranded/XAA.
4. It is safe to use HOME_CSC to preserve your data, but if you're switching to an unlocked build or switching carriers, you MUST use CSC (data will wipe).
5. You can also use CSC to wipe your data and get a fresh factory start.

Previous post:
Quote:

Quote:

Howdy - here's how to get Oreo!

OLD PROCESS FOR BETA 1-2 IS BELOW - Move on to Beta 4 below!

Credit to @norbarb for the leaked update!
Try at your own risk - this is for the brave

First, read this:

Code:
Since we don't have a flashable CSC for the unlocked firmware, your phone will be branded with whichever SIM you have inserted.

This means your unlocked S8+ will become a TMO S8+, for example. It all depends on the inserted SIM.
This is compatible with G955U/U1 and G950U/U1.

Warning: Back up your data! Your phone will be reset.
  • Step 1: Be on the AQGL baseband. Skip the below steps if you're already there.
  • You can do this by downloading your AQGL package and ODIN below. Extract the ZIP, open ODIN, and connect your phone in download mode.
  • Then, select (from the ZIP you just extracted) BL, AP, CP, and CSC (NOT home csc) in their respective slots. Don't change any other options. Select Start.
  • After this is done, your device will boot into recovery.

Tip: If you're getting verification errors in ADB, you likely don't have the latest version installed.

NEXT!
  • Step 2: Flash the Oreo update package:
  • Download the Oreo update package below.
  • Connect your phone to your computer while it is in recovery.
  • You must have ADB installed. Open command prompt or terminal.
  • Sideload the package by typing "adb sideload XXXXXX".
  • You may see multiple errors/warnings. Ignore them.
  • DO NOT touch or unplug the device until it reboots on its OWN!

Last step
  • Open your device, and perform a factory data reset. This is mandatory.

New! - Update your Google Play Services to v940. Thanks @Dudash

Code:
As always, anything you from XDA is done at your own risk! There's a chance that someone got something wrong, and you could mess up your device! Please - if you want to be safer, wait until a bunch of people have tried a given ROM/procedure/tool before you try yourself!
Quote:

There's a bit too much instability for the moment in the update schedule. Once the correct build is confirmed as Beta 4, I'll update the OP to the new method.

Thanks for sticking around, guys!

dmezh

Quote:

Downloads:

UPDATE: BETA 2 AVAILABLE
Currently S8+ Only. Do with it what you will, it was up only temporarily and mixed success is reported.

Credit, again, goes to @norbarb.

S8:
AQGL Baseband (XAS - don't use the old BST one!): https://goo.gl/TEbCLe
AQGL to Oreo: https://goo.gl/EFMwBf

S8+:
AQGL Baseband: https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=745425885120759463
AQGL to Oreo2: https://goo.gl/TvmsAU
AQGL to Oreo: https://goo.gl/iq3YJJ

PLEASE HIT THE THANKS BUTTON IF I HELPED YOU!

Hi all, here's the new process for beta build installation:

1. Install BQK5 (Nougat)
2. Install Oreo

That's all, and here's how:

Quote:

• [1.] Odin to BQK5. This will wipe your data. You must do this no matter what software you're currently on.
Select CSC_OYN, not HOME_CSC.
Important: This update contains bootloader 2, which means that you can no longer install any updates based on bootloader 1 (i.e., AQJC).
All new updates are based on B2, so you'll need to eventually do this anyway.

Link for S8+: https://drive.google.com/open?id=18C...I5RIhTBi2Uy4xn (Thanks @xdanilva)
Link for S8: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iDm...FlUjWUb31/view (Thanks @xdanilva)
  • [2.] Sideload or update-from-sd to Oreo using an update.zip:

S8+ current latest: ZQKS, considered a Beta 4 (Thanks samsung.firmware.science)
S8 current latest: ZQKS, considered a Beta 4 (Thanks samsung.firmware.science)

You're done!

Sorry for the S8 delay; I personally confirm everything on my own devices before publishing, and my access to the S8 is limited.

Thank you!

Attached Files
File Type: zip SamFirm_v0.3.6.zip - [Click for QR Code] (3.73 MB, 1532 views)
The Following 65 Users Say Thank You to dmezh For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dmezh Ad-Free

6th November 2017, 04:12 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Great! Waiting for S8 , but one question im on AQH3 when s8 be on , i need to flash AQGL baseband?
The Following User Says Thank You to Solitaryrex For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Solitaryrex Ad-Free
6th November 2017, 04:15 AM |#3  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solitaryrex

Great! Waiting for S8 , but one question im on AQH3 when s8 be on , i need to flash AQGL baseband?

Yes, you must flash AQGL.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dmezh For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dmezh Ad-Free
6th November 2017, 05:06 AM |#4  
What is in this zip? System.img & csc?

---------- Post added at 06:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:05 AM ----------

I am already on aqgl.
6th November 2017, 05:13 AM |#5  
Quote:
Originally Posted by S8rooted&tooted

What is in this zip? System.img & csc?

---------- Post added at 06:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:05 AM ----------

I am already on aqgl.

The Oreo zip is the official OTA zip.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dmezh For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dmezh Ad-Free
6th November 2017, 05:26 AM |#6  
Thank you. I will check it out. I got three s8. One is rooted. So I will 7zip it and see what it is. Then go from there. Thank you again. Very much appreciated.
6th November 2017, 05:52 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 244

More
Is this ok on F variant (international)?
The Following User Says Thank You to pogi.paul0119 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pogi.paul0119 Ad-Free
6th November 2017, 05:53 AM |#8  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmezh

Yes, you must flash AQGL.

Great i see is already for download , i have a S8 i install the rom unlocked because from factory was verizon , any problem whit that? Thanks for ans mate
The Following User Says Thank You to Solitaryrex For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Solitaryrex Ad-Free
6th November 2017, 06:55 AM |#9  
Quote:
Originally Posted by pogi.paul0119

Is this ok on F variant (international)?

Definitely not! This is only for USA models, sorry
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dmezh For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dmezh Ad-Free
6th November 2017, 06:56 AM |#10  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solitaryrex

Great i see is already for download , i have a S8 i install the rom unlocked because from factory was verizon , any problem whit that? Thanks for ans mate

No, that shouldn't be a problem. The device will brand itself as Verizon upon first boot after the install.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dmezh For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dmezh Ad-Free
6th November 2017, 07:00 AM |#11  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmezh

No, that shouldn't be a problem. The device will brand itself as Verizon upon first boot after the install.

Great thanks , i ask that because im from mexico im want to be sure i dont have any problems whit signal
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
beta, oreo

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)