Note: Your device will receive OTAs after this update.
Note: Please use Updato or SamMobile to acquire the latest firmware for your device if you use AT&T or Verizon, or use XAA for a clean, unlocked experience.
1. Use SamFirm to acquire the latest Oreo build for your device (if not AT&T or Verizon).
2. Once the download is done, extract the archive.
- Enter SM-G950U/SM-G955U/SM-G955U1 depending on your model.
- Enter your desired carrier code, or XAA for unlocked (common are TMO, SPR)
- Select Auto, Check CRC32, and Decrypt Automatically.
- Click Download
3. Use the patched Odin 3.13.1 from @realbbb. This is necessary for carrier-switching, including to unlocked/debranded/XAA.
4. It is safe to use HOME_CSC to preserve your data, but if you're switching to an unlocked build or switching carriers, you MUST use CSC (data will wipe).
5. You can also use CSC to wipe your data and get a fresh factory start.
Howdy - here's how to get Oreo!
OLD PROCESS FOR BETA 1-2 IS BELOW - Move on to Beta 4 below!
Try at your own risk - this is for the brave
First, read this:
Since we don't have a flashable CSC for the unlocked firmware, your phone will be branded with whichever SIM you have inserted. This means your unlocked S8+ will become a TMO S8+, for example. It all depends on the inserted SIM.
Warning: Back up your data! Your phone will be reset.
- Step 1: Be on the AQGL baseband. Skip the below steps if you're already there.
- You can do this by downloading your AQGL package and ODIN below. Extract the ZIP, open ODIN, and connect your phone in download mode.
- Then, select (from the ZIP you just extracted) BL, AP, CP, and CSC (NOT home csc) in their respective slots. Don't change any other options. Select Start.
- After this is done, your device will boot into recovery.
Tip: If you're getting verification errors in ADB, you likely don't have the latest version installed.
- Step 2: Flash the Oreo update package:
- Download the Oreo update package below.
- Connect your phone to your computer while it is in recovery.
- You must have ADB installed. Open command prompt or terminal.
- Sideload the package by typing "adb sideload XXXXXX".
- You may see multiple errors/warnings. Ignore them.
- DO NOT touch or unplug the device until it reboots on its OWN!
- Open your device, and perform a factory data reset. This is mandatory.
New! - Update your Google Play Services to v940. Thanks @Dudash
As always, anything you from XDA is done at your own risk! There's a chance that someone got something wrong, and you could mess up your device! Please - if you want to be safer, wait until a bunch of people have tried a given ROM/procedure/tool before you try yourself!
There's a bit too much instability for the moment in the update schedule. Once the correct build is confirmed as Beta 4, I'll update the OP to the new method.
Thanks for sticking around, guys!
UPDATE: BETA 2 AVAILABLE
Currently S8+ Only. Do with it what you will, it was up only temporarily and mixed success is reported.
Credit, again, goes to @norbarb.
AQGL Baseband (XAS - don't use the old BST one!): https://goo.gl/TEbCLe
AQGL to Oreo: https://goo.gl/EFMwBf
AQGL Baseband: https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=745425885120759463
AQGL to Oreo2: https://goo.gl/TvmsAU
AQGL to Oreo: https://goo.gl/iq3YJJ
PLEASE HIT THE THANKS BUTTON IF I HELPED YOU!
Hi all, here's the new process for beta build installation:
1. Install BQK5 (Nougat)
2. Install Oreo
That's all, and here's how:
- [1.] Odin to BQK5. This will wipe your data. You must do this no matter what software you're currently on.
Important: This update contains bootloader 2, which means that you can no longer install any updates based on bootloader 1 (i.e., AQJC).
All new updates are based on B2, so you'll need to eventually do this anyway.
Link for S8+: https://drive.google.com/open?id=18C...I5RIhTBi2Uy4xn (Thanks @xdanilva)
Link for S8: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iDm...FlUjWUb31/view (Thanks @xdanilva)
- [2.] Sideload or update-from-sd to Oreo using an update.zip:
S8+ current latest: ZQKS, considered a Beta 4 (Thanks samsung.firmware.science)
S8 current latest: ZQKS, considered a Beta 4 (Thanks samsung.firmware.science)
Sorry for the S8 delay; I personally confirm everything on my own devices before publishing, and my access to the S8 is limited.